Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2010, 10:32   #91
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Even I was told that White colour is available only from next year.

@Speed-Freak, 180kmph @ what RPM? Has the engine run in? I guess not
Old 16th November 2010, 11:09   #92
BHPian

@ Niks - The bike is available in White, Red and Black shades. Getting the bike registered was not an effort at all, without any links we could get it registered with a special number. Probably the dealer would have had some links. Unfortunately my friend is not on tbhp.

@ JVH - I am not aware of the rpm, and the vehicle had done just 200 kms when we clocked 180, basically we run-in our vehicles on a different guidelines and they seem to work for me.

Check this link for more information Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power
Old 16th November 2010, 11:31   #93
BHPian

ABout the Hemlet. I am more confused then ever. After reading all the post by you guys have definetly made me realize about the safety with the full face hemlet but the neck pain as put me in a tough spot. But I guess its going to be a Full face hemlet & I will proably get used to it. Thanks for the Suggestion.
Old 16th November 2010, 11:41   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
Hi Nadim,

One of my close friend got the delivery of his monster last week, we had the bike registered in N. Mumbai the very 2nd day. We took this monster for a countryside ride on sunday morning along with my baby ninja and a RE 500 LB, trust me its a fantastic machine with more than ample of torque and power.

On the return journey we were treated with some heavy thunder and showers at lonavala.

Overall it was a fun day out, we managed a few high speed runs at the Panvel By-pass with the monster zooming past 180kmph and it was difficult keeping up with him but still managed a decent 160kmph.

Your post has just made my day. I am more excited then ever. That is a magnificent white beauty your friend has got out there & reading about your country side journey has got me day dreaming allready. Next time whenever you guys are up for a ride do let me know, would love to join along.

Quote:
@ Niks - The bike is available in White, Red and Black shades. Getting the bike registered was not an effort at all, without any links we could get it registered with a special number. Probably the dealer would have had some links. Unfortunately my friend is not on tbhp.
Can you please share some registration details with me. Was it the Ducati Dealer who did the registration part or was it done by your friend Individually. Please do share coz I am mostly getting the delivery today without registration.

Also if possible, can you ask your friend about the Heating issue with the bike as a special tune-is required for the radiator as 120 Degree is the Cut off mark for the radiator which is built according to the Euro Specification.
Old 16th November 2010, 11:44   #95
BHPian

The Bike has landed & the Customs has been cleared.Just got couple of pic from the dealer through Black Berry. Check em out
Attached Thumbnails
Impulsive Buying: Booked The Ducati Monster 796 - RED!!!-img00079201011161110.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 16th November 2010, 11:56   #96
BHPian

Hey Nadim,

Congrats on the news of the delivery today, my friend was assisted by the dealer in getting the vehicle registered.

As far as heating is concerned, this bike like other large capacity bikes heats up big time at low speeds and in traffic conditions (even the baby ninja heats up a lot), she is most happy and cool in speeds in excess of 80 kmph, am not too sure which part of town you live but for me we have the famous Palm beach road to beat the heat.

Just saw your garage and guess what !!! You and my friend share an identical garage (he's got the chevy cruze as well and that too white)

Have fun with the new ride and ride safe.

Last edited by Speed-Freak : 16th November 2010 at 11:59. Reason: Needed to add more text
Old 16th November 2010, 12:01   #97
BHPian

congrats man... the italian stallion is awesome. Great buy, awaiting your ownership experience. I am first time writing to someone in India who has bought a Duke-nuke congrats.
Old 16th November 2010, 12:27   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Nadim,

Congrats on the news of the delivery today, my friend was assisted by the dealer in getting the vehicle registered.

As far as heating is concerned, this bike like other large capacity bikes heats up big time at low speeds and in traffic conditions (even the baby ninja heats up a lot), she is most happy and cool in speeds in excess of 80 kmph, am not too sure which part of town you live but for me we have the famous Palm beach road to beat the heat.

Just saw your garage and guess what !!! You and my friend share an identical garage (he's got the chevy cruze as well and that too white)

Have fun with the new ride and ride safe.
I hope to get done with the registration soon.

I have heard about the heating issues with the monster as well thus the concern, Had a word with the dealer & asked him to tune the radiator which would cut off at 80 Degree so will get to know this in few days.

I reside in Andheri -Lokhandwala. Let me get the registration done. Would love to ride it on Palm Beach road someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
congrats man... the italian stallion is awesome. Great buy, awaiting your ownership experience. I am first time writing to someone in India who has bought a Duke-nuke congrats.
Thanks bro. It makes me feel really privileged to own a Ducati & specially all the comments by all you guys.
Old 16th November 2010, 13:10   #99
BHPian

Congrats Nadim ... the bike looks fab!

I hope to see this at moto cafe sometime soon
Old 16th November 2010, 13:30   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Congrats Nadim ... the bike looks fab!

I hope to see this at moto cafe sometime soon

Thanks buddy. I normally dont travell to Pune, But with the Monster & a invitation from you will surely drop down there.
Old 16th November 2010, 15:10   #101
BHPian

This is the 100th Post of this thread & finally I am off to take the Delivery of the Monster. Wish me luck Guys!!!
Old 16th November 2010, 15:11   #102
Senior - BHPian

All The Best!! Waiting for the monster.
Old 16th November 2010, 19:17   #103
Team-BHP Support

So the foot-tapping and the butterflies have stopped I suppose!

What's the ride like? And the sound? Must be fantastic! And not to mention the Monster looks so good that you could stick it on a wall and just admire her all day!

Congratulations Nadim!
Old 16th November 2010, 20:26   #104
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Nadim. One thing I can say for sure, the Ducati will be right at home with the rest of your toys in your garage.

Looking forward to your report and pics bro, ride safe and have loads of fun.
Old 17th November 2010, 00:50   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We took this monster for a countryside ride on sunday morning along with my baby ninja...On the return journey we were treated with some heavy thunder and showers at lonavala
Yup - we saw you guys. Our gypsies were parked up near Apollo authorized maruti service center. It had just started drizzling when you guys went past and I commented to a friend that the riders were either crazy or supremely gifted because you were riding ON the white line on a wet surface. I don't know about you guys but every rain related accident I have ever seen has been a result of a biker putting rubber on the slippery paint while braking, accelerating or turning. Keep an eye open for the conditions of the road next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
Also if possible, can you ask your friend about the Heating issue with the bike as a special tune-is required for the radiator as 120 Degree is the Cut off mark for the radiator which is built according to the Euro Specification.
Asking a local mechanic to "tune" something set by the manufacturer is the perfect recipe for unhappiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
I have heard about the heating issues with the monster as well thus the concern, Had a word with the dealer & asked him to tune the radiator which would cut off at 80 Degree so will get to know this in few days.
Seriously don't tax your brains over this overheating business. All big bikes heat up in Indian conditions. If you ask the local "highly skilled" mechanic to tinker with the thermostat then you are asking for trouble.

This is how it is designed...just live with it. We've ridden R1s and Busas that bask in the sweltering 100 - 110 degrees. Yours is an open to air engine so you will not have hot air roasting your privates. Just keep a reasonable distance from other vehicles in traffic to get some air flow and keep moving as much as possible. In traffic use low revs and as little clutch as possible. You know what to do when you find an opening

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks