Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2011, 11:11   #16
BHPian

re: Garware to sell Hyosung 650 - 700 cc motorcycles. EDIT : Launched! Details on Pg. 3

The CBR has taken all the attention. There is still around 2 months time for Hyosung to release their bikes.
Old 18th March 2011, 11:14   #17
BHPian

re: Garware to sell Hyosung 650 - 700 cc motorcycles. EDIT : Launched! Details on Pg. 3

both 650R and ST7 had come to our Cafe brought by xbhpians (Sunny and Praveer). Both bikes look good. ST7 looks too classy. The showroom is also under construction at Goodluck chowk.
Old 18th March 2011, 11:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

GT650R may do well,as it has almost no competition if launched at 4.5L.
However ST7,may face a tough time,due to the Harley's,which offer a much better Snob value.
Old 18th March 2011, 14:05   #19
BHPian

I got a call from Pune from Garware Motors (I had expressed interest a long time ago using their website)

- The bikes are getting Launched in Mumbai, Delhi and Goa by end of this month / April first week(!)
- Will reach out to more cities like Bangalore / Chennai in May
- Approx price of 650R is 5L ex-showroom
- I was also asked if I'd require some finance help - Looks like Garware is eager to extend finance along with the bike! (Good!)

Overall the bike looks VFM for what it brings to the table. I'll also post the content of the mail I got from them shortly...
Old 18th March 2011, 19:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

I read in xbhp its is confirmed this month end launch for the bikes,which prices approximately starting at 4.5 lakhs.
Old 18th March 2011, 22:44   #21
BHPian

Man chinese Bikes I'd prefer a low end Bike toy made outta plastic then these bikes...
Only predictable thing with chinese is that they are unreliable
My buddy rides here Hyosung and he himself told me that it is very difficult to find parts for the bike as there is no dealer in Houston,TX
Old 18th March 2011, 23:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
Man chinese Bikes I'd prefer a low end Bike toy made outta plastic then these bikes...
My buddy rides here Hyosung and he himself told me that it is very difficult to find parts for the bike as there is no dealer in Houston,TX
Hyosung for your information is not chinese,but a korean company.
And having read international reviews about the GT650R,its a very competitive product and can hold its own against other Japanese competitors.
For a price of 5 lakhs its quite VFM.
Old 24th March 2011, 07:53   #23
BHPian

couple of days back saw the garware hyosung showroom getting ready in pune. at that price point the bikes should be vfm but lets wait and watch. with regards to the harley being close in pricing to the st7, yeah thats a point but the superlow and the iron were made small and cheap to encourage ladies to ride them.
this is proven by the fact that 50% of the buyers of the hd superlow in the usa are ladies!! and this fact will likely make some 'manly' owners of the superlow in india cringe!
Old 24th March 2011, 09:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
Please re-read before you post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Hyosung for your information is not chinese,but a korean company.
And having read international reviews about the GT650R,its a very competitive product and can hold its own against other Japanese competitors.
For a price of 5 lakhs its quite VFM.
Nice pricing IMHO. Hope they do well.
Old 24th March 2011, 10:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

I read in one of the Magazines regarding,the ST7,that it is considerably bigger than the smaller Harley's and has amazing street presence.
that might be a plus point.
Old 7th April 2011, 17:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Sent in an inquiry via the form at this website yesterday and voila, i got a call few mins back from a lady by the name Swati from Garware Motors.

Here is what we discussed.

* Showroom at Bangalore located on Lalbagh Road

* Bikes available on display post 20th April 2011

* Ex-showroom price not decided yet, but will mostly be below 5L.

* Finance schemes available at the dealer @ 14% p.a.

* No test rides

* Bookings open ; deliveries commence from June 2011 onwards

* Dealers appointed at various cities, assembly plant located at Pune, no issues with sourcing of parts, no need to worry about them packing up and leaving like they did last time when kinetic brought these bikes down.

I am torn between the white and the red GT650R. I dont know how blue looks. Waiting for the d-day.
Old 7th April 2011, 18:06   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I am torn between the white and the red GT650R. I dont know how blue looks. Waiting for the d-day.
Whoa!! you going in for another bike?

ENVY
Old 7th April 2011, 18:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Whoa!! you going in for another bike?

ENVY
Not decided as yet.

I'm not bored with the Ninjette, so she's gonna stay. Just toying between a bigger sports and a naked. For the price, this looks tempting.
Old 7th April 2011, 19:13   #29
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
You buying one? I thought you were interested in the Harley...

The GT650R looks very juicy for the price
Old 8th April 2011, 14:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
You buying one? I thought you were interested in the Harley...
Not decided yet. I loved the Harley, actually it blew away some misconceptions I had but i guess i'll buy a cruiser when i'm much older and prefer to cruise around. The newly launched 48 does look very interesting.

The GT650R from Hyosung is priced very competitively (as far as speculation on the pricing goes). Right now I guess i am confused and spoiled for choices. If i do buy one, it'll be after some time. I prefer to lay low and read the ownership reviews and then make my decision. Reliability and service back-up is my prime concern.

Most Viewed