Team-BHP - Garware to sell Hyosung 650 - 700 cc motorcycles. EDIT : Launched! Details on Pg. 3
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Garware to sell Hyosung 650 - 700 cc motorcycles. EDIT : Launched! Details on Pg. 3 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/91232-garware-sell-hyosung-650-700-cc-motorcycles-edit-launched-details-pg-3-a-8.html)

you're welcome!

Which models are you talking about? For eg. a 2000-2005 R6 would hang a same range CBR 600RR to dry, and the Ceebers post 06 are THE thing (except for the ZX-6R of course!) with the R6 no where in contention with even the GSX-R600 being better!

in comparison to the Hyosung twins, I would suggest potential buyers to hang on just a while and take a spin on the Ninja 650R. if Kawasaki has given it even half a decent mid range (something they are known for), then it makes much more sense to buy one over the GT650R. Reliability/quality of plastics etc will be better too. The R6s, CBR600RRs, ZX6Rs are just a different ball game altogether. The Ninja 650R offers better ergonomics for everyday riding while being faster than the GT650 and of course, it's got the "Ninja" tag (unfortunately, because its just not scary enough to deserve being one!).

that was a good post,very well informed facts! well on TR its a diff story, but then comes the hassle of keeping the bike on the owner's name for three years before transferring it onto your name.

well my search was for a year and not two, finally picked up one of the gsx1000r's which were imported by suzuki india for dhoom2 and a 08R1 from the hyd yamaha showroom.

well, dri hassles are not as simple as you have pointed out, at least in hyderabad, the bikes that have seized haven't been left yet, inspite of the owners offering to pay the full duty and so-on.

Quote:

Where did you come across this info? If some one can please confirm, as if its true, service might see an improvement along with a bit lowered price tag. (Ninja 650-R helping this cause to some extent)
coming to the hyosung sellout news, had read it online earlier, which was a rumour i believe and was clarified by garware motors later on, there was a small snippet about it in this month's aci or bsm, but unable to find it now. will post the pg number, the moment i get it.

adi: Siezed bikes are a different story altogether, am talking about someone buying a new bike and THEN approaching the DRI to clear it out.

It is actually quite simple, the basics are that a lot of palms were greased to bring these in to begin with, and now if someone is offering to pay and they are not accepting that, then other avenues can be explored such as the courts and media. Net net if they do their job, it should be simple enough to buy a bike, approach, pay the duty, and ride home.

TR : Buy a slightly older bike, that way you can transfer it immediately (eg. The R6 I got is being happily transferred because its been 3 years since it was transferred)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsOwn (Post 2353521)

am talking about someone buying a new bike and THEN approaching the DRI to clear it out.

woah, this can actually be done? i was informed that it wasn't possible, super cool this fact is. any more details as to how one can go about it?

OT: please do lemme know if you come across a intruder or a cb/cbr with total duty paid. would appreciate it a lot.

adi: Will do, there is a recently released Repsol for sale but a friend's looking at it at the mo'.

Yes, anyone can approach the DRI, it can be done and is very much possible. You can either walk into their office and book an appointment.

Here's what you can gain by doing so:

"If the information leads to detection of duty evasion, maximum reward of 20% of the duty evaded plus 20% of the fine/penalty realised can be given as reward to the informers"

Cant find a HYD contact but you can try the ones below (from the DRI website)

Shri C. Rajan Additional Director General, DRI, Chennai
044-2815-4498
Fax 044-2815-1740
driczu@nic.in

Shri M. Vinod Kumar Additional Director General, DRI, Bangalore
080-2525-1251
dribzu@dataone.in

*editing some funny colours*

OT: Just saw an edit of my previous post due to mentioning of "alcohol", the mind boggles, the senses revolt, RM XO is alcohol? :Shockked: More like drops from the fountain of youth I'd say. he he he ...

Bangalore showroom is likely to open up on Lavelle road just opposite Ducati. Might take a couple of months. The Ducati dealer will handle Hyosung as well.

The source is the Bangalore Ducati manager and a representative from Garware who had come over to Bangalore. Had a chance for a small talk on the biking scene.

Garware showroom in bangalore was supposed to come up near lalbagh wasnt it?Looks like they shifted to Lavelle road,will give them better visibility.

There were talks about that and I was under the same impression. But going by what the representative said, it will be on Lavelle road.

But will a Hyosung product appeal to anyone now that Bajaj is rumoured to be launching the 650r at a killer price tag? Agreed both have their own pros and belong to different categories but I do not see how they can do very well when a superior brand and with proven after sales (Ninja 250r) is just about breathing on their necks.

Got a call from Ronit Motors(manish) that my GT650R has come to the Bhiwandi warehouse.Once it reaches the showroom they will start with the registeration which will take 4/5 days.

JVH,
Bit of surpriser reading that Ducati Showroom will also sell Garware/Hyosung motors...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 2381289)
JVH,
Bit of surpriser reading that Ducati Showroom will also sell Garware/Hyosung motors...

Surprised me too! The folks were deeply into the discussions and the gentleman from Pune was taking quite a few pictures of the yet to be launched Ducati showroom. Not sure what stage the discussion was at though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVH (Post 2381302)
Surprised me too! The folks were deeply into the discussions and the gentleman from Pune was taking quite a few pictures of the yet to be launched Ducati showroom. Not sure what stage the discussion was at though.

Hmmm, anyways it augurs well for people so that you have one stop to check out both east & west. My 2 cents on Ducati, atleast the entry level machine 796 is very noisy engine. Not sure on the ride but found it to be very practical for Indian Roads. Apologies if am going off topic as this thread is more got to do with Hyosung :)

^ May not be off-topic, since Hysoung houses V-twins too :p.

Yeah, personally I too would prefer the inline roar compared to the V-twins. But these twins take on a different meaning with Termignonis ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by melroyal (Post 2381077)
Got a call from Ronit Motors(manish) that my GT650R has come to the Bhiwandi warehouse.Once it reaches the showroom they will start with the registeration which will take 4/5 days.

Hello,
Any further news on your Hyosung bike? Did you get the delivery? If yes please do share some of your experiences with her.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 2390102)
Hello,
Any further news on your Hyosung bike? Did you get the delivery? If yes please do share some of your experiences with her.

Hi ku69rd.The GT has arrived at Ronit Motors on Wednesday 8th June.Not yet taken delivery as vehicle registration is not complete.:Frustrati