Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2011, 19:36   #76
BHPian

Re: Garware to sell Hyosung 650 - 700 cc motorcycles. EDIT : Launched! Details on Pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
unlike BMW which ventured into India by itself, is a much larger company with definitely larger resources to have made things happen.

manson.

Manson, did BMW not tie up with Hero Honda to bring their bike then? If I recollect that was the case. If my memory fails then I stand corrected
Old 4th May 2011, 20:46   #77
Team-BHP Support

Re: Garware to sell Hyosung 650 - 700 cc motorcycles. EDIT : Launched! Details on Pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesomeone View Post
Manson, did BMW not tie up with Hero Honda to bring their bike then? If I recollect that was the case. If my memory fails then I stand corrected
Not sure, but I don't think so. Even if it did, the point is nobody raises a finger towards BMW for leaving their Indian customers without any spares, but almost everybody hear is going hoarse about Hyosung's lack of after sales support.

manson.
Old 4th May 2011, 20:55   #78
BHPian

Yes to the HH tie up, bigger yes to leaving people with MUCH more expensive machinery than a GT250 high and dry with no support.

Would I NOT buy an S1000RR because of what they did last time? No, I would rather make sure they mean business this time round.

And I think Hyosung deserves that chance. They certainly have pushed the right buttons up until now.
Old 4th May 2011, 22:46   #79
Team-BHP Support

Had completely forgotten about the Funduro.

Yes, BMW is to blamed along with Hero (I believe they were the partners in crime)

Kinetic partnered Hyosung and they are to be blamed equally. I wish Hyosung came up on their own as how their partnership would pan out would be for all to see.

Are there plans to re-launch the GT-250R?

But then, lets move over this and welcome the launches
Old 5th May 2011, 11:46   #80
BHPian

^^^^^ Now thats the way one should look at the situation. why this far cry about how crappy or korean the brand is. Well show me an indian bike with better prospects. when a certain bajaj launches a 220 with 1 more horse power people go ga-ga over the news but not when a manufaturer tries to get thei 600 cc bikes onboard.

The point is they did it and did it when indian OEMS are struggling on the same plane. this is a welcome launch and if the spare parts issue are taken care of, they will do just fine..
Old 5th May 2011, 21:09   #81
BANNED

I still do not understand why a motorcyle should be costlier than a car .. A 600 cc should be ideally priced at 1.5 lakhs ex showroom and that is what the enfiled sells for i guess .
Old 5th May 2011, 21:51   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
I still do not understand why a motorcyle should be costlier than a car .. A 600 cc should be ideally priced at 1.5 lakhs ex showroom and that is what the enfiled sells for i guess .
lol , does the enfield 500 go from 0-100 in around 4 seconds ? its like comparing a ipod [gt 650] to a cd player[re] . you are paying the price for something much better in tech , finish , everything i guess .

if the gt650r sells well they will bring the gt250 r as well .

Last edited by Mr. Nobody : 5th May 2011 at 21:52.
Old 6th May 2011, 10:09   #83
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
lol , does the enfield 500 go from 0-100 in around 4 seconds ? its like comparing a ipod [gt 650] to a cd player[re] . you are paying the price for something much better in tech , finish , everything i guess .

if the gt650r sells well they will bring the gt250 r as well .
so what if the enfied is slower ? you wont be needing the 0-100 in 4 seconds benchmark everyday or for normal traffic .. if the cd player can do the job that needs to be done , then why buy an ipod ?
Apart from that , what my original post implied was that the 2 wheeler manufacturers are simply trying to gain at the expense of the customer in india . They are just over pricing and creating a hype for nothing . It is like the grand vitara pricing of maruti . The excuse is import duties , completely built units .

Another point is , do the dealerships sell spares across the counter ? are the spares stocked ? Atleast a bullet will not be stranded for more than a day ...We as the public need to force the manufacturers , distributors in providing a customer centric support system , rather than feel great about getting a 650 cc at 6 lakhs .
greatmana2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2011, 10:38   #84
Senior - BHPian

greatmana; quality, power, handling, technology, brand name etc comes at a price. Why dont we have a Pulsar 600 if it was so easy to produce?

And why pay RE500 1.4lac right?

And seems the Honda CBR250 hype is over

Last edited by jkdas : 6th May 2011 at 10:39.
Old 6th May 2011, 11:07   #85
Senior - BHPian

Off-Topic info:
Well about BMW.I pointed this out in the BMW thread and it was confirmed by GSferrari as well.BMW INDIA has nothing to do with the bikes sold in india.Navnit motors and deusche motoren are privately importing these bikes.They have Zero support from BMW india and hence no control over the prices either.It seems like its another Cash in and run things going on.

Edit: I would actually love that BMW india notices the sales of the bikes and comes in with a full motorbike setup into india.Its time they come in with all guns loaded and not in a partnership way which generally fails in their case.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 6th May 2011 at 11:09.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2011, 15:22   #86
BHPian

Quote:
so what if the enfied is slower ? you wont be needing the 0-100 in 4 seconds benchmark everyday or for normal traffic .. if the cd player can do the job that needs to be done , then why buy an ipod ?
Apart from that , what my original post implied was that the 2 wheeler manufacturers are simply trying to gain at the expense of the customer in india . They are just over pricing and creating a hype for nothing . It is like the grand vitara pricing of maruti . The excuse is import duties , completely built units .

Another point is , do the dealerships sell spares across the counter ? are the spares stocked ? Atleast a bullet will not be stranded for more than a day ...We as the public need to force the manufacturers , distributors in providing a customer centric support system , rather than feel great about getting a 650 cc at 6 lakhs .
you get what you pay for as simple as that , how much power you need is upto you . import duties are not a excuse , its a reason .you have to pay the duty to the govt. so how is it the manufacturers fault .

and even the indian built bikes like rtr 180 abs , p220 f , r15 , zmr , cbr 250 are better than bullets in most aspects forget the korean made hyosung .

no idea on spares as deliveries havent begun i guess though booking are on .
Old 6th May 2011, 18:31   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am pretty sure you wonder what's happening to the world everytime you hear about the success story of ipod
Old 6th May 2011, 19:31   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so what if the enfied is slower ? you wont be needing the 0-100 in 4 seconds benchmark everyday or for normal traffic .. if the cd player can do the job that needs to be done , then why buy an ipod
Theres something called passion, in our country at present there is hardly anything to choose from and saying "a 6 lac bike expensive than EVEN cars", these statements cant be justified by anyone. Theres are tons of people here who spend 15 L on Hayabusas and R1's, they can buy cars but they dont want to.

Those who want to ride a bike would only ride a bike, we have 3 cars at our home but i still need a 600cc because i love riding, Sunday morning dash to highways and that adrenaline rush of a quick 0-200 can never be satisfied by a car.

Theres a price you have to pay for "power, handling, looks" etc, there is a Logan and there is a Superb, both get you from Point A to point B but still people buy Superb for some reason, hope you get my point.

At present either you spend 3L and get a 250cc or spend 15 L to get a R1 or Blade, Hyosung has just bridged the gap and made it possible for young guys like me around 20 to start learning on a 600 and make my way to a R1.
Old 11th May 2011, 00:24   #89
BHPian

What's the word on the GT650R's reliability ? And handling ? US price is $6200/INR 280,000, we're still paying 2x as much :( , but at 550,000 , it's the only stab at a big bike displacing 500+cc and more than one cylinder.

What reports I find online are largely for older models - 2005-2008 , and lots of complaints about those. What we have now is the EFI 2010-11 models , and not much found about them.
Old 11th May 2011, 04:12   #90
BHPian

Ricci - If paying 2x as much for a Hyosung is an issue (and a valid one at that because it has a questionable history here) you dont really have to buy it, there are a dime a dozen supersports trading around in the used bike market. Got one myself last week 12k on the odo (that's nothing for a bike capable of doing 50000 miles, not kms) looks/rides as new. Most importantly, fully legal.

I wont be holding onto it for long because its just meant to complete the Yamaha collection before starting on Kawasaki, anyhow..for serious riders who want serious machinery, the market is wide open with a lot of good deals.

Greatmana2000: To answer your rather profound question, I beg to differ. Bikes are not costlier than a car... for every Nano there is a Splendour which is cheaper (taking economy as an eg.), and for every Hayabusa/ZX12R/ZX14 (taking speed as an eg.), there are much more expensive Ferraris/Lambos.

Q.E.D : Cars are exhorbitantly, almost blasphemously more expensive than Motorcycles. Although, I dont care if prices were switched, I wouldnt buy a brand new Ferrari for 12 lakhs, and wont think twice if I had to spend a crore and get a Motorcycle.

Most Viewed