Team-BHP - Garware to sell Hyosung 650 - 700 cc motorcycles. EDIT : Launched! Details on Pg. 3
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Garware to sell Hyosung 650 - 700 cc motorcycles. EDIT : Launched! Details on Pg. 3 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/91232-garware-sell-hyosung-650-700-cc-motorcycles-edit-launched-details-pg-3-a.html)

Garware to sell Hyosung 650 - 700 cc motorcycles. EDIT : Launched! Details on Pg. 3-650r.jpg

Garware to sell Hyosung 650 - 700 cc motorcycles. EDIT : Launched! Details on Pg. 3-st7.jpg

High Points:

- Garware Bestretch Limited, manufacturer and exporter of Latex and Latex-Free Elastic Rubber Products today announced their maiden business venture into the automotive segment with the launch of Garware Motors Limited.

- Garware Motors partners with the Korean S&T Motors for assembling, marketing and selling Hyosung motorcycles & ATVS in the Indian market.

- Garware Motors will introduce motorcycles and cruisers in the untapped 650cc-700cc segment.

- Will set up an assembly plant at Wai in Maharashtra with a capacity to manufacture 8-10 bikes a day. The plant would have a full fledged assembly line, CKD storage facility, test track and a quality centre. Hyosung will be providing Garware Motors with technical & manpower support right from setting up the assembly plant, assembling the product, sales & marketing as well as after sales service.

- Garware group also used to import Jaguars and Lagondas into India until the protectionism of 1955.

Garware Motors Website

Any info on when we can start seeing them on roads? Also Bikeindia.in says ST7 will be priced between 6-6.5L, does it make a sensible buy say when compared to entry level Harley 883L at 6.95L ex-showroom?

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyronrocks
Also Bikeindia.in says ST7 will be priced between 6-6.5L

I highly doubt this after reading the below line

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Will set up an assembly plant at Wai in Maharashtra with a capacity to manufacture 8-10 bikes a day. The plant would have a full fledged assembly line, CKD storage facility, test track and a quality centre.

If we've a CKD, then the price of ST7 wouldn't be more than 6L as the price of ST7 is around $7300 which is 3.65L (Rs 50 conversion) & add to it about 30% tax would be 4.75L. So the on road price would be somewhere around 5.5L.

Like you said, if its priced around 6.5L, then its a clear loser to HD. Anyway, HD is altogether a different league. For 6.95 exshowroom on 883XL, you get a HOG membership & the most important factor - "the status"

Price source - 2010 Hyosung ST7 Specifications and Price - Motorcycle USA & Hyosung Motors America - Ridden by the world

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyronrocks (Post 2120792)
Any info on when we can start seeing them on roads? Also Bikeindia.in says ST7 will be priced between 6-6.5L, does it make a sensible buy say when compared to entry level Harley 883L at 6.95L ex-showroom?

Did you say sensible? A motorcycle for that kind of price is a long shot from being sensible in the first place.
Talking about being relatively sensible, there is a good chance that the Korean marque will be of slightly more reliable build than a Harley, but ofcourse it does not have an inch of heritage and culture that the Harley Davidson branding packs.
There are broadly two types of Harley rides, one that faces a breakdown, goes to the closest bar, comes back happy to discover that the motorcycle is working again, swears how much he is in love with his eagle and chugs along to cover some few more hundred miles.
The other type does not recover from the breakdown till the bike gets towed to Joe the mech who manages a quick fix and later sells him some new chrome part which he can show off at the next HOGS ride, and everyone is happy again :Cheering:

manson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 2120830)
If we've a CKD, then the price of ST7 wouldn't be more than 6L as the price of ST7 is around $7300 which is 3.65L (Rs 50 conversion) & add to it about 30% tax would be 4.75L. So the on road price would be somewhere around 5.5L.

Like you said, if its priced around 6.5L, then its a clear loser to HD. Anyway, HD is altogether a different league. For 6.95 exshowroom on 883XL, you get a HOG membership & the most important factor - "the status"

That is the pricing which is being 'speculated' around the blogosphere between 5-6lakhs IMO which is reasonable for a Hyosung. There some excellent reviews of the GTR around and people have actually been content with the way the GTR rides. In fact I got to look at a Hyosung Cruiser(was it ST7 or its bigger sibling dont know) recently and it did not impress me as much as a HD. Rightly said HD is in a different league, its an Icon.

Wish they had got the GT250, it would have been sensible and would have got things moving in the right direction. Well seems like it will be another long journey for Garware to build the brand from ground-up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 2121137)
Talking about being relatively sensible, there is a good chance that the Korean marque will be of slightly more reliable build than a Harley, but ofcourse it does not have an inch of heritage and culture that the Harley Davidson branding packs.

^^^ is a typical HD haters statement. If you do not mind a little OT here, those were the HD's prior to mid 80s, i.e. before Mr. Willie took over from AMG. Their Evo engine from mid 80s on Sportster is the one that rocked back & brought the word "reliability" to HD once again. Pls do not spread rumours without getting the facts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 2121303)
^^^ is a typical HD haters statement. If you do not mind a little OT here, those were the HD's prior to mid 80s, i.e. before Mr. Willie took over from AMG. Their Evo engine from mid 80s on Sportster is the one that rocked back & brought the word "reliability" to HD once again. Pls do not spread rumours without getting the facts.

Are you suggesting that the recent day Harley's are reliable enough? What proof so you have to back-up your statement?

Hyosung, which left its GT-250R and Aquila customers in dust w/o any support from the parent company doesn't get my vote.

This is very interesting.

Can someone give me the link to the official Hyosung website.
Couldn't get it on searching.

Here you go

Hyosung Motors USA

Looks good, though i doubt its sales in India, especially with HD around, in a similar price bracket

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikefreak (Post 2121996)
This is very interesting.

Can someone give me the link to the official Hyosung website.
Couldn't get it on searching.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 2121331)

Hyosung, which left its GT-250R and Aquila customers in dust w/o any support from the parent company doesn't get my vote.

True!
I don't know whether to blame hyosung or kinetic. The bikes are reliable and mine is proof enough. Probably kinetic signed up for a lot more than it had the cash for. And when kinetic tanked, hyosung wasn't sure back then in '05 if there was really a market for bikes that cost 2lacs. So they probably didn't go on their own.

And some kinetic mechs were plain stupid not to understand the jet sizes and replace the front with rear just cause they looked the same. The result? A completely screwed up bike with its two hearts beating so out of sync. Wonder where all the training they claimed was applied? Of course spare part availability is something i don't even want to get into. As and when spares were available, kinetic was looting the owners. so the bike got a bad name.

So not sure how garware is going to do it any different from kinetic. At least kinetic had showrooms to go to and scream your hearts out. :)

Seems like Garware had a soft launch at pune today check the following link below

Second Innings

pricing has still not been finalized but seems close to what has been speculated. Need to watch more in this space. Seems like the bike market is on boil right now, with Mojo, CBR and now Hyosung. Moreover rumors are going around about the BMW Motard is being released. So far the so called 'Rumors' are turning out to be true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 2121303)

Well, I just got around here in the 80's myself, so what happened before that must not have really reached me as such
I was plainly referring to the reports I had come across before I attended the Boot Camp in Mumbai. These were atual Harley Davidson experiences posted in forums, and not hearsay on a metric bike section.
Inspite of preparing myself to ignore the so 'termed' myths, and go with an entirely fresh approach I came home unimpressed by the build quality and level of finish I would expect from a premium offering.
You own a HD yourself, I would love to know what you have to say about the zillion handle bar vibrations, a vibrating engine block that featured on all Harleys at the boot camp, a side stand that looks like a toughened set of fork & knife, keys cut by a local lock smith, etc

I have always respected buying decisions, high fuel efficiency single pots, performance oriented single pots, paralle twins, Harleys, overpriced japanese, or even an exhorbitant eurpopean. I like to think everyone knows their priorities, and hard earned money is seldom spent on luxury products without much research. Like they say, to each his own.

manson.

Is there any information yet on their dealership coordinates? Anyone have any info on Mumbai in particular?

I saw the Garware Motors Showroom on FC Road, at Goodluck chok, Pune. I am going to visit the showroom today Will come with price and details.

Hello Fellow BHPians -

Reigniting this thread after more than a month and a half, any updates on the launch and pricing of the Hyosung bikes?

Thanks & Regards.