Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2013, 14:16   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW India to sell Motorcycles from December 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Here's the latest update
http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/3...test-ride.aspx
Launching outdated model with a premium tag of 11.5L ex showroom is not fair, but we Indian passionate bikers are helpless and forced to buy dated product at premium price, sigh can't help. Waiting for the bookings and launch now :(
What Autocar India tested was the old bike since thats the only one available with the dealership..what is coming is the new and current bikes as per the BMW representative i had a word with yesterday.
Old 28th May 2013, 15:05   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
What Autocar India tested was the old bike since thats the only one available with the dealership..what is coming is the new and current bikes as per the BMW representative i had a word with yesterday.
Thanks Speedy for the update, small trouble if you can get some more details, that what they are planning to do with those old bikes? They have imported 10 of them, I am good to pick the old model if it's coming with good discount and in multiple quantity as a group buy.
Last time when i visited their showroom I told them that abroad it's dated model and we are OK to pick in lot if it's coming with discount.
Old 29th May 2013, 10:32   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Speedy for the update, small trouble if you can get some more details, that what they are planning to do with those old bikes? They have imported 10 of them, I am good to pick the old model if it's coming with good discount and in multiple quantity as a group buy.
Last time when i visited their showroom I told them that abroad it's dated model and we are OK to pick in lot if it's coming with discount.
The old bike will be sold off as per the person, if i remember right 10 or 11 lakhs. The Bombay dealership only has the Yellow GS650 which was used by Autocar for testing. I shall ask the person on the price and the Stock with the dealership and the company. I have seen pics of a grey GS650 in India, but i am not sure if it was sold from the dealership or a direct import.
I shall get concrete information for you from the BMW representative regarding the Bike sale. By the way we are buying the GS1200 .
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 11:00   #79
BANNED

They have total 10 F650 GS, 5 in Bangalore and 5 in Bombay, It would be really great help if you fetch out the info that whats the plan with them.
Congrats for buying the real GS the GS1200, another friend in Bangalore owns the older version the GS1150 and friend from Dehradun owns the GS1200, its one of the best in it's class but for my slim frame of just 68 KG it's too big.
The 650 or the upcoming 700 is perfect all round bike for me, hope BMW will help me to live my dream.
Old 29th May 2013, 12:06   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way we are buying the GS1200 .
Speedy dude , get the 2013 model 1200 GS .BTW congrats for the monster. Its the next generation boxer with 35% of engine liquid cooled and way lot more updates .I guess you already know all this .
Old 29th May 2013, 12:31   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They have total 10 F650 GS, 5 in Bangalore and 5 in Bombay, It would be really great help if you fetch out the info that whats the plan with them.
Congrats for buying the real GS the GS1200, another friend in Bangalore owns the older version the GS1150 and friend from Dehradun owns the GS1200, its one of the best in it's class but for my slim frame of just 68 KG it's too big.
The 650 or the upcoming 700 is perfect all round bike for me, hope BMW will help me to live my dream.
Thanks for the information it will help when i talk to the BMW people, by the way i tried calling but the person was busy and said he would call back.
I was reading and i think Navpreets post about the GS 1200 and that got me and my brother excited to get the all rounder. My brother is fond of touring with the bike and being 70 kgs and a love affair with tourers he opted for the 1200. When you ride the bike it does not give you the feeling of being big, bulky..it however makes you realise you have to struggle a bit to reach the ground with your feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Speedy dude , get the 2013 model 1200 GS .BTW congrats for the monster. Its the next generation boxer with 35% of engine liquid cooled and way lot more updates .I guess you already know all this .
We are taking the existing bike that the dealership has..its a brand new 2013 bike (atleast i think it is, since the 3 bikes came in last month) with all the bells and whistles..they have a tripple black edition and a regular model in blue..i found the blue better looking of the two and taking that one. If we order, then the new GS comes to roughly about 35 Lakhs on road and the two bikes in stock comes to below 30.
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 14:28   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are taking the existing bike that the dealership has..its a brand new 2013 bike (atleast i think it is, since the 3 bikes came in last month) with all the bells and whistles..they have a tripple black edition and a regular model in blue..i found the blue better looking of the two and taking that one. If we order, then the new GS comes to roughly about 35 Lakhs on road and the two bikes in stock comes to below 30.
Is this the one you saw ? .The shaft drive is on the left side from now on .

BMW India to sell Motorcycles from December 2010-2013bmw1200gslooksawesomephotogallery_2.jpg
black12rr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 13:39   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Is this the one you saw ? .The shaft drive is on the left side from now on .

Attachment 1089608
black12rr i am not very well versed with bikes..all i can say is the bike looks exactly like Navpreets bike, so i guess it is the older model.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 14:56   #84
Senior - BHPian

speedy what is the bike loaded with? does it have abs and electronic suspension adjustment. hope they brought those down. there weren't any when I bought mine. but then I wanted a no frills bike as BMW electronics have had a bad reputation. do keep a check and hope you got an awesome deal. I got a lot of discount as well as complete riding gear as well. do bargain hard. do pm me the price if you can.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 15:24   #85
BANNED

Navpreet your GS doesn't have ABS?
Old 30th May 2013, 15:30   #86
Senior - BHPian

nope. mine is the very rare no frills bike. raw. there wasn't much of a price difference. just a lakh for everything loaded but the tension of failing electronics would be too much.
Old 31st May 2013, 14:31   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
speedy what is the bike loaded with? does it have abs and electronic suspension adjustment. hope they brought those down. there weren't any when I bought mine. but then I wanted a no frills bike as BMW electronics have had a bad reputation. do keep a check and hope you got an awesome deal. I got a lot of discount as well as complete riding gear as well. do bargain hard. do pm me the price if you can.
The bike has the ABS and electronically adjustable shocks with 30 settings in total for the different modes. My brother also wanted the bike without any frills but the only bike that they had got sold for 17, so now there are the two bikes with all the frills. The bike is coming to about 26 and i shall ask my brother to negotiate further with a few freebies thrown in.
Old 31st May 2013, 16:03   #88
Senior - BHPian

yes do remember that this is now officially an outdated model. That's pretty high a price. A friend in delhi bought a fully loaded adventure for 20.5 ex showroom. and adventures are more expensive as it is.
Old 31st May 2013, 16:11   #89
Senior - BHPian

From the sound of it, BMW seems to be having some HUGE margins if they can offer discounts running into LACS of rupees.

I know abroad the previous year models are sod at cut prices, but never heard the same for India, where essentially we do not have the concept of "years" for vehicles, as the changes keep happening seamlessly year round and "new" models have longer model cycles which are not year related.
Old 31st May 2013, 17:20   #90
Senior - BHPian

If you want to get ,get the 2013 model only . No point in getting a 2012 model for that too for that high price .I think that's over inflated price and also trying to dispose them off . Get it only if they are giving it anything below 15 .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks