Team-BHP - Harley-Davidson introduces SuperLow @ 5.5 lacs!!!!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Harley-Davidson introduces SuperLow @ 5.5 lacs!!!!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/93680-harley-davidson-introduces-superlow-5-5-lacs-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 2177186)

Thats the US site right? Check the Indian site thats where I got the info from. Maybe the indian site is wrong. Who knows. But anyway both bikes are low. Just about 4 inches lke the name says Superlow. Maybe in time they will amend this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar (Post 2177204)
Thats the US site right? Check the Indian site thats where I got the info from. Maybe the indian site is wrong. Who knows. But anyway both bikes are low. Just about 4 inches lke the name says Superlow. Maybe in time they will amend this.

yeah , i just saw the indian site. Maybe they changed gc for india.

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 2177251)
yeah , i just saw the indian site. Maybe they changed gc for india.

Harleys come in 3 specs. US, International, and Japanese. In India, we get the international spec. For proper specs for Indian market, its best to check out HD UK site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar (Post 2177175)
By Shockers you mean rear shock absorbers right? since if you meant the front end you would have written forks.

Now then where ever you put bushes or anysuch adaptor on the rear shock where the bolt fits and you make the shocks longer in length you will only increase the height of the seat. you wont achieve anything the GC will stay the same, and most probably the now longer shocks would be harder to fit between the swingarm and the top frame. Have a look at a photo of the bike. Would anyone put bushes on a harley? I think not.

yes you are correct. Well increasing the front fork length will increase the GC and also the lean angle. Again if one spends 6.XL on a bike one would not want to do a gugar on it. I think il wait till some good dual sports bikes are here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssYouWe (Post 2174929)
Oh Gosh!

Seriously time to start saving. This price point sounds very appealing.
And that too in a few days! It is a very pleasant surprise.

I can't wait to save, I'LL TAKE A LOAN, see this link. :)

Harley-Davidson India - EMI Calculator

clap: WOW! Coming to think that Bikes like a 25 year old RD350 are demanding mean six digit figures, for a serious buyer this is Real bang for money that too, to own a piece of Motorcycling history!
Awesome!

This is the best news I've heard from H-D india.
For this price I can get one for my wife as she loves HD and she rides a sporty 883 here with me in US

Visited the HARLEY Showroom the other day. They have no clue on when the bikes are going to come, everyone says bookings are starting in January but the real guys have no clue!

Also, why can't HARLEY just sell its engines here like they do in the States. We have many custom bike builders who can build us a FATBOY around it at a fraction of the cost. The 5 lakh HARLEYs do not have that HARLEY look for sure

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but,
I have been to the Harley showroom In Hyderabad
and the On-road price according to them is still somewhere
around 6.7-7 Lakhs.

Though considering this is huge improvement over the
previous prices i think they are still over priced at the
features they provide.

But kudos to Harley for taking the initiative to lower
the prices seems like they have a long term plan in
Indiaclap:.

How reliable are the HD's? as per the hearsay they are not . But can anyone tell us about their own experiences on the same?

What happens when they break down on the (scenic but deserted) road which comes after taking right on Pune-Bangalore highway, 100km from Pune* on the hills?

*Don't get into the actual geography, this was just an illustration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheARUN (Post 2179940)
Also, why can't HARLEY just sell its engines here like they do in the States. We have many custom bike builders who can build us a FATBOY around it at a fraction of the cost. The 5 lakh HARLEYs do not have that HARLEY look for sure

When we hardly have any market for bikes themselves, what do you think about the market for engines? And do we REALLY have that many custom bike builders?

Selling of engines is a far from reality option at this stage. Where even car modifying is still not entirely organized, forget about custom bike modifying.

People would rather go in for a lower priced variant, of a HD or some other bike, rather than paying a whopping amount on a custom indian, with a harley engine.

Selling engines wouldn't do anything in india.You cannot build a custom bike and get it registered in India unless you are hero honda,bajaj etc.You need to be a liscienced motorcycle company and only then you can build bikes.These custom bike builders do nothing but modify the motorcycle.The good ones have taken a written permission from the company to modify the bikes.Like Vardenchi etc.Other ones are plain illegal.

By law we are not allowed to alter the engien displacement or the wheelbase of the motorcycle without the explicit permission from the parent company.

This law hols for cars too but as they say in india everything goes.

But still investing such a huge amount and then not even having a legal bike is a dicey situation.

This is a stupid law made by the indian govt to protect the interest of these companies.They sell us exorbitantly priced bikes and we have to buy them.

Another arguement for this is also that is such manufacture of bikes is allowed freely then we might end up with many cheap bike which would also be very very unsafe and might lead to a lot of accidents.

This particular arguement can be countered by saying that the govt should have a strict, advanced and modern way of evaluating vehicles and it should be passed only when clearing these tests.Much like DOT approval etc.But then in India the "under the table" factor cannot be forgotton as from the top to the bottom this is the only way things work in India.

i saw the iron yesterday , beautiful , blue in colour and an lovely rumble at idle.