Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2011, 12:32   #61
BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson introduces SuperLow @ 5.5 lacs!!!!!!

Hi Sridhar,

what is the OTR in Bangalore? Can you please give me the break-up here. Somehow I am not convinced with the the pricing break-up provided to me here in Hyderabad, please look below.

MODEL - XL 883 R
VARIANT - IRON
EX-SHOWROOM - 661556.00
INSURANCE - 23454.00
HANDLING CHARGES - 15000.00
ROAD TAX - 79387.00
ON ROAD PRICE - 779397.00

Based on the above, I do not know why the RT is so high, and even the prices are varying from 6.5Lakh to 6.61Lakh add the additional 15K for handling . I am still waiting to look at the models in real before I make up my mind to go for the Superlow or the Iron.

Thanks

Downsouth

Last edited by downsouth : 7th February 2011 at 12:33.
Old 7th February 2011, 22:25   #62
BHPian

@Sridhar, what a turn of fate, my 'better half' had all planed out to derail my dream, house needs this and that, and in no time I am bankrupt, could they not start the booking a little early? Nevertheless I'll bounce back, was caught up with work and a lot of traveling, will go there tomorrow and at least salivate at my dream.
Old 8th February 2011, 02:11   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Hi Sridhar,

what is the OTR in Bangalore? Can you please give me the break-up here. Somehow I am not convinced with the the pricing break-up provided to me here in Hyderabad, please look below.

MODEL - XL 883 R
VARIANT - IRON
EX-SHOWROOM - 661556.00
INSURANCE - 23454.00
HANDLING CHARGES - 15000.00
ROAD TAX - 79387.00
ON ROAD PRICE - 779397.00

Based on the above, I do not know why the RT is so high, and even the prices are varying from 6.5Lakh to 6.61Lakh add the additional 15K for handling . I am still waiting to look at the models in real before I make up my mind to go for the Superlow or the Iron.

Thanks

Downsouth
On-road in BLR would be around 7.8L. You can save quite a bit on Insurance if you carry forward your old vehicle's NCB. I am not sure of Handling charges, but is there even in my mine.

There are quite a bookings. Be prepared for a long wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
@Sridhar, what a turn of fate, my 'better half' had all planed out to derail my dream, house needs this and that, and in no time I am bankrupt, could they not start the booking a little early? Nevertheless I'll bounce back, was caught up with work and a lot of traveling, will go there tomorrow and at least salivate at my dream.
I was there a week ago. They now have a bigger collection and you will have a feast for your eyes
Old 8th February 2011, 06:48   #64
BHPian

Doesnt H-D india do a trade-in option unlike USA?
Old 10th February 2011, 16:30   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
Doesnt H-D india do a trade-in option unlike USA?
Most unlikely. The US import HDs are not service supported here as yet, and there is no likelihood of that happening, too much of responsibility for them. Trade-in may start but not at least until the India released bikes come back for trade-in, and if you are talking about other makes? Impossible.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:44   #66
Senior - BHPian

The "Handling Charge" is absolute rubbish. You should ask for this to be itemized to see what are you getting for 15k. If the dealer / manufacturer is serious about doing business then these hidden charges have to go away.
Old 25th February 2011, 08:39   #67
BANNED

An update for all the Harley Fans, an excerpt from Motoroids:

Remember when Barrack Obama made his Indian visit recently, apart from talking about Mahatma Gandhi and dancing to Indian numbers he also had come with the Harley Davidson plan. The plan was to setup Harley Davidson’s new assembly plant here in India. Now the latest development is that the new plant will be a ‘Mother Plant’ manufacturing components, and not just assembling them. This looks like a tasty treat for the Harley loyalists, also it would be a good deal for both the countries. The plant is proposed to be built at Bawal located in Haryana.

Previously Harley Davidson would merely assemble their bikes here in India. Knowing that the current duties on the CBU are 110% and CKD are 60% it’s rather a wise decision to start a base and cater to the Asian market. Currently Harley Davidson has only one assembly plant outside US which is at Manaus at Brazil. What makes us happy is that 60% of the parts will be localized which means that the cheapest Harley which is the Superlow which currently costs Rs. 5.5 Lakh may cost as low as a staggering Rs. 3.3 lakh or maybe lesser with the cost going down by 40% -45 %.
With the sale of around 200-250 Harleys if this plant happens we are sure that those numbers will rise in no time. A vendor mentioned this to the Financial Express team that “The company has asked its global vendors in the US and Thailand to set up manufacturing units in Bawal. It has also given expressions of interest to Indian component makers for supply of vehicle parts to its Haryana unit, which would commence its operations in mid-2011”.

Harley Davidson has not made any official disclosure about the capacity of the plant or the investments that the company has made. The Indian spokesperson being neutral just said that the development of our India CKD assembly operations is proceeding on schedule as we look to build our brand presence around the world.

My Word,

RE will have to do something real quick here, they have to come out with a V or Parallel Twin in the 500+ capacity, the American hellhounds are here BIG TIME.

Happy Motoring!!
Torquedo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2011, 14:44   #68
BHPian

Re: ground clearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
If you ask me this bike is made for shorter first time riders and for women riders internationally.

This is specifically designed with women riders in mind internationally.

For India 120mm clearence is still a little on the lower side! I am sure HD have options to bump up the GC by another 20-30 mm with minor mods!

What does the approx OTR for this bike? The insurance companies will make a killing in this!

Last edited by Mafia : 25th February 2011 at 14:46.
Old 19th March 2012, 18:21   #69
BHPian

SuperLow= About 6.5L on road in Mumbai.

Now there is one simple way to tackle the GC business, - put in a longer shock (rear) and change to a longer damper tube in the front as was done on a friends bike.

Do we have anyone on the forum that has done this using non H-D equipment? Can you guide us to where one could try and get ones hands on a good set of shocks- 412 Series Progressive 13" or anything thats different from the stock equipment that they plonked in my friends bike?

Why is there no information on the availability of 'performance' parts for H-D in this forum?

-KD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks