Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2011, 13:07   #31
BHPian

Re: Unleashing the Red Devil: The Ducati Monster 796 - Initial Ownership Report

There phone No. 022 64533458. Its official, 696 cannot be imported by them since there is a rule of the Govt. that no company can import any bike below 800cc, and 796 is actually 803cc(?), so no question of even waiting for it. BTW the OTR for 796 is Rs. 9.2 lakhs in Mumbai!

Last edited by zulfi hansi : 10th February 2011 at 13:08. Reason: price mistake
Old 13th February 2011, 08:16   #32
BHPian

Naked bikes to me are the only ones (of the high powered variety) that makes sense in Indian cities. I hope your friend with the 1198R gets to ride that bike in some lonely twisties. Superbikes are absolutely not for city/town traffic.

Congrats on the great bike and hope you become a committed member of the ever growing Indian community of Ducatistas.
Old 28th February 2011, 22:41   #33

Congratulation on the Monster.
Could you please help me out with some info?

I've been pottering around the country on an old 87' Enfield 350 for a long time and I've been dreaming of the sexy Italian for awhile now. Just need a little push in the right direction.
I know motorcycles are not supposed to be practical but even so I need to justify to myself that I am not gonna wipe out all my savings in keeping a Ducati. Could you please give me a few insights on the ownership of the 796?

1. Service costs
2. Fuel availability
3. Long distance capabilities.
Anything else you might want to add.

As I mentioned earlier, I prefer traveling long distances on my motorcycles and since this would be my first large capacity motorcycle I am unsure if the Duke would be the best buy. (I've had some ride time on a ZX11 and a ZX12 amongst the heavyweights and some dual purpose trail bikes but never owned one) My main concern is ride comfort and maintenance costs.
My RE, I can handle on my own on the side of the highway with a set of spanners and a screwdriver but I really wouldn't know what to do with anything else. Hence the nerves.

Sorry for jacking this thread and going OT but would you recommend a monster or should I look at the Suzuki Bandit or even a FZ1 for my touring?
(my touring for most part are impulsive trips to Goa at odd hours of the night)

The Bandit and FZ1 while they are gorgeous machines just feel plain compared to the Ducati hence asking.

Awaiting some directions.
Thanks.
Old 8th May 2011, 20:17   #34
BHPian

@ Nadim: Hows the Monster doing ? A friend is considering the 848 evo any pointers ? suggestions regards to the bike and service etc ?
Old 13th May 2011, 09:47   #35
BHPian

I am delaying my purchase for the same reason. Wanted to get more clarity on the below mentioned points. If you could provide it soon that would help me decide between the FZ1 and the monster

As of now my heart longs for the monster but then if the service costs etc are too steep then i would have to opt for the FZ1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by behzad View Post
Congratulation on the Monster.
Could you please help me out with some info?

I know motorcycles are not supposed to be practical but even so I need to justify to myself that I am not gonna wipe out all my savings in keeping a Ducati. Could you please give me a few insights on the ownership of the 796?

1. Service costs
2. Fuel availability
3. Long distance capabilities.

Anything else you might want to add.

Awaiting some directions.
Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks