Team-BHP - DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/95384-dri-auctions-list-seized-superbikes-sale-2.html)

Now all I need is 1,000,000 Rupees by Jan 31st 11 AM

if these bikes go for sale for 6-8lacs, its decent priced as most of them are 08 models, only screw up is no one knows hows the condition of these bikes, half of them must be already rotten lying there for more then a 1 1/2years now, any pics available?

cheers..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berj79 (Post 2215375)
if these bikes go for sale for 6-8lacs, its decent priced as most of them are 08 models, only screw up is no one knows hows the condition of these bikes, half of them must be already rotten lying there for more then a 1 1/2years now, any pics available?

cheers..

Also take into account these are "seized superbikes". So if the previous owner has not maintained them well, you have to inherit that as well in addition ofcourse to the rotting in customs custody.

These bikes will go for something like 1.5 to 2 lakhs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 2215252)
But I must say that there is one super luxurious Lexus lying in the customs warehouse here in Chennai (seized by DRI in 1991) for the last 19-20 years. No one wants to bid for it. :D

are you talking about the one imported by the then 'adopted first son'?

If the auction price goes up to as high as 6-8 lacs excluding duty then is the risk worthwhile. I mean the import duties would neutralise the benefit anyways. You don't know the history of the vehicle neither can vouch for the condition/genuinity. Risk would be worth it in case you have that kind of disposable amount.

I think it would be great if someone from Mumbai posts pics of the bikes in auction.They are on display from today till 28th of Jan.

are these seized bikes from customs or seized bikes by cops???

makes sense to buy them if they have been seized by customs when entering the country...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 2215395)
These bikes will go for something like 1.5 to 2 lakhs.

Did you miss the part where somebody mentioned the bids going upto 6-8lacs :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berj79 (Post 2215375)
cheers..

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumitdongerkery (Post 2215863)
If the auction price goes up to as high as 6-8 lacs excluding duty then is the risk worthwhile. I mean the import duties would neutralise the benefit anyways. You don't know the history of the vehicle neither can vouch for the condition/genuinity. Risk would be worth it in case you have that kind of disposable amount.

The history of each bike is available & the risk is WORTH taking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 2215961)
I think it would be great if someone from Mumbai posts pics of the bikes in auction.They are on display from today till 28th of Jan.

I have just returned from DRI building & the bikes are parked in the main foyer. They have been there since the first time I saw them through glass doors of main gate (These glass doors are now permananetly closed).
The bikes are in SUPER condition & parked like hordes of sheep. I tried taking pic with my phone cam but the guard was ecstatic.
Will again try tomorrow.

Raab Rakha.

Here is the full details of that Auction with Terms & Condition

1. Go to this page

2. Search for Key word 7600 and then you can find a link named "MSTC/WRO/Commissioner Of Customs (General), Mumbai-I/14/Ballard Estate/10-11/7600".

3. click to open, Done.

Also attaching the saved file.

[quote=autoholic;2215272]Here you go - MSTC

I read the T&Cs and it requires one to register (for a fee) if one wants to bid at e-auctions. However, I could not figure out where the registration can be done on the site. Can you provide a link? Thanks.

Hi Guys,
Before going to participate in this auction, my suggestion is find out of history of these DRI bikes.
I think peoples are aware of the big scam happened last one and half year ago around Mumbai. (3 Big RTO officers suspended) See below link

Bike import scam: 3 RTO men suspended - The Times of India

If anybody want to know the registration process of MSTC, PM me, I can explain you.
(I have MSTC registartion, but I dont want to burn my hands in this DRI auction)

Be careful -

another link

Seized superbikes to go under hammer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariesonu (Post 2215992)
The history of each bike is available & the risk is WORTH taking.

I have just returned from DRI building & the bikes are parked in the main foyer. They have been there since the first time I saw them through glass doors of main gate (These glass doors are now permananetly closed).
The bikes are in SUPER condition & parked like hordes of sheep. I tried taking pic with my phone cam but the guard was ecstatic.
Will again try tomorrow.

Raab Rakha.

Thanks buddy !
If the bikes look good in pics , I might come over in the next week to have a closer look.
Any idea what would be a good bid? under 5? :D

How will the final price be calculated -

bid amount + VAT + duty/other charges?

(Registration and Insurance will be added as it is extra on the bike)