Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/95384-dri-auctions-list-seized-superbikes-sale-3.html)

Scorcher 20th January 2011 21:40

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
2 Attachment(s)
Pardon my ignorance, but can someone tell me what is the Bike at Number 09 (first of the second pic). Mosquito MZ?? I couldn't even Google it. Does something like that even exist?

Attachment 486237

EDIT: So this is it! MZ Mosquito 125RX. Why would anyone import this? :Shockked:
Attachment 486240

autoholic 20th January 2011 22:46

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 2216371)
How will the final price be calculated -

bid amount + VAT + duty/other charges?

(Registration and Insurance will be added as it is extra on the bike)

bid amount + vat(usually 12.5) + 0%custom duty + 1% Income tax(Dont remember exactly what's it called)

The bikes are already registered as seen in the list, so maybe only some transfer charges. Insurance most definitely will be extra.

thedreamcatcher 21st January 2011 00:32

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
^ In response to the above equation. I have a question

Now, if you take an R1, it has an onroad price of about 14-15 Lakhs in a place like BLR. After road tax etc. Taking away the road tax, the resultant ex-showroom price is around 12.5, of which half is import duties. So effectively this bike costs around 6Lakhs abroad.

So, as per the above post, if you pay around 7-8 lakhs, you are basically getting the bike at its original, non import duty laden price. And considering it is around 2 years old, do you think it is worth that money.

It would make sense if you could get a deal at sub 5L.

mac187 21st January 2011 10:05

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher (Post 2216634)
^ In response to the above equation. I have a question

Now, if you take an R1, it has an onroad price of about 14-15 Lakhs in a place like BLR. After road tax etc. Taking away the road tax, the resultant ex-showroom price is around 12.5, of which half is import duties. So effectively this bike costs around 6Lakhs abroad.

So, as per the above post, if you pay around 7-8 lakhs, you are basically getting the bike at its original, non import duty laden price. And considering it is around 2 years old, do you think it is worth that money.

It would make sense if you could get a deal at sub 5L.

+1.

I was calculating too. Is it really worth to buy a used SBK, engine condition unknown for 5lac? Not that they are in the same category but with that kinda money one can go for a brand new Harley.

IMO, Sub 5-4 lac will be a good deal.

alpha1 21st January 2011 12:42

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Usually what is the final bid rates for these bikes?

niks_devil666 21st January 2011 13:25

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
You can find showroom billed approx 10k done first lot r1's in the range of 7-8 . If you are buying thru action , final cost for these (2008 models) should not exceed 5/5.5 .

black12rr 22nd January 2011 13:01

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by autoholic (Post 2216518)
bid amount + vat(usually 12.5) + 0%custom duty + 1% Income tax(Dont remember exactly what's it called)

The bikes are already registered as seen in the list, so maybe only some transfer charges. Insurance most definitely will be extra.

Are you sure about this or guessing what might be ?

Who is going for auction ?.Inspection date is from 20th to 28th ,could someone visit it and post some pictures please .

Visaster 22nd January 2011 16:17

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Something struck me.
Why don't we buy a lot of brand new bikes.
Get 'em imported.
Fix up the DRI to seize it.
Then rig the auction.

So the owners actually lost their whole money they invested on this bike of their dreams. How pity is that.
I will never lay my hand on someone else's sorrow.

motorhead666 22nd January 2011 16:36

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Your right buddy, good on you. I think everyone should stay away from this,
by the way how does one register for the e-auction :D. Also if someone decides to bid at the customs office what all documents does he need to carry.

sabret00the 22nd January 2011 23:58

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

black12rr 23rd January 2011 00:06

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Visaster (Post 2218198)
Something struck me.
Why don't we buy a lot of brand new bikes.
Get 'em imported.
Fix up the DRI to seize it.
Then rig the auction.

So the owners actually lost their whole money they invested on this bike of their dreams. How pity is that.
I will never lay my hand on someone else's sorrow.

There is no pity , why pity ?.
The bikes were illegal in the first place and the owners ,who is dishing out 10 lakhs on bike would know what is he buying .Most of them ,have paid in hard cash( all black) .They would have had no passion or lust to get one ,just that they need to have that superbike or rich dad's gift .
Its like saying if you buy a stolen ferrari and they confiscate it ,you are feeling pity for the owner .

speedfreak7116 23rd January 2011 12:41

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Visaster (Post 2218198)
Something struck me.
Why don't we buy a lot of brand new bikes.
Get 'em imported.
Fix up the DRI to seize it.
Then rig the auction.

So the owners actually lost their whole money they invested on this bike of their dreams. How pity is that.
I will never lay my hand on someone else's sorrow.

That's how it used to happen before but now there is no way of rigging the auctions. They're online closed bids for registered users only. So dont feel pity or sorrow for the owner because he/she was trying to get the bike to India illegally anyway.

Berj79 23rd January 2011 15:45

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by black12rr (Post 2218596)
There is no pity , why pity ?.
The bikes were illegal in the first place and the owners ,who is dishing out 10 lakhs on bike would know what is he buying .Most of them ,have paid in hard cash( all black) .They would have had no passion or lust to get one ,just that they need to have that superbike or rich dad's gift .
Its like saying if you buy a stolen ferrari and they confiscate it ,you are feeling pity for the owner .

Calm down, i see u have alot of hatred for the rich, anyways what your saying is not always true, just cause u pay cash for the bike doesnt mean you dont have passion for them
:Shockked:

rdna 24th January 2011 21:59

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
If these bikes are bought in Mumbai and then want it to take it to another city(where you reside) how much extra do you think it will cost considering other taxes? I know the taxes can be relative to each state. It would be good to get an approximate.

rangan 25th January 2011 13:26

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
since we dont have pics, can someone who has bought bikes in these auctions post pics of their bikes?

it might give us an idea of the condition that these could be in


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:17.