Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/95384-dri-auctions-list-seized-superbikes-sale-5.html)

dman 15th February 2012 20:54

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Forthcoming_e_Auctions_For_All_regions_

Search for 10144 and there you go.. its 16th feb 11am to 4 pm

ku69rd 16th February 2012 10:15

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dman (Post 2682291)
Forthcoming_e_Auctions_For_All_regions_

Search for 10144 and there you go.. its 16th feb 11am to 4 pm

That's a good update, but would mstcindia be one of the authorized auctioneers?

straight6 16th February 2012 16:45

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HarneetBarmy (Post 2680847)
Friends here are some SUPER BIKES for Auctioned at Mumbai. The Bikes will be in Auction on 16th.

1) Super Bike Reg. No. MH-06-AP-**** Model: Suzuki Hayabusa/2007

2) Super Bike Reg. No. MH-02-BE-**** Model: Yamaha 1000/2008

3) Super Bike Reg. No. MH-02-BE-**** Model: Yamaha 1000/2008

4) Super Bike Reg. No. MH-06-AR-**** Model: HONDA CBR1000RR /2008

5) Super Bike Reg. No. MP-39-B-**** Model: Honda VFR 800 FI/2000

6) Super Bike Reg. No. MH-02-BC-**** Model: Suzuki Hayabusa/2007

7) Super Bike Unregistered Chasis No. -00**** Model: Sanyang/2009

Wrong information. These bikes are already sold in the last auction. I have seen them myself. Most of them bought by dealers and then they were for sale again.

MurtazaGhiya 16th February 2012 17:13

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 2683340)
Wrong information. These bikes are already sold in the last auction. I have seen them myself. Most of them bought by dealers and then they were for sale again.

But the customs website does mention them to be on auction today :eek:

Go to the link and select "MSTC/WRO/Commissioner Of Customs (General), Mumbai-I/21/Ballard Estate/11-12/10144" under "Western Regional Office". Below is a small snapshot of the site.


harit 16th February 2012 18:51

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Visaster (Post 2218198)
Something struck me.
Why don't we buy a lot of brand new bikes.
Get 'em imported.
Fix up the DRI to seize it.
Then rig the auction.
So the owners actually lost their whole money they invested on this bike of their dreams. How pity is that.
I will never lay my hand on someone else's sorrow.

You can try this, but there are no guarantees. There was a famous case about 30 years ago where a Maserati was surendered to the customs with one engine head removed, according to a scheme. When it came up for auction, another bidder took it:eek:

It is indeed sad that owners lost their money, but they under paid in the first place. When you hope to save money by taking part in a scam, you must be prepared for the consequences too.
About buying these bikes, well they come without any guarantee or service backup. Many were assembled locally. So here also, you are taking a certain risk.

Cheers harit

bigron 16th February 2012 19:02

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
I would love to get my hands on of these seized bikes. They should go cheap and then you can tailor make it to your needs. I am already imagining a cheap Gen 1 busa with a 1397 engine porting or a stage 2 turbo kit. Pity the dealers probably have a nexus and pick these up and put them on sale again.

HarneetBarmy 16th February 2012 20:54

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 2683340)
Wrong information. These bikes are already sold in the last auction. I have seen them myself. Most of them bought by dealers and then they were for sale again.

Straight6, I understand your consern, however it is good to know the facts before coming to an conclusion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya (Post 2683367)
But the customs website does mention them to be on auction today :eek:

Go to the link and select "MSTC/WRO/Commissioner Of Customs (General), Mumbai-I/21/Ballard Estate/11-12/10144" under "Western Regional Office". Below is a small snapshot of the site.





Thanks Dman & MurtazaGhiya for backing up with the information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harit (Post 2683513)
You can try this, but there are no guarantees. There was a famous case about 30 years ago where a Maserati was surendered to the customs with one engine head removed, according to a scheme. When it came up for auction, another bidder took it:eek:

It is indeed sad that owners lost their money, but they under paid in the first place. When you hope to save money by taking part in a scam, you must be prepared for the consequences too.
About buying these bikes, well they come without any guarantee or service backup. Many were assembled locally. So here also, you are taking a certain risk.

Cheers harit

I agree to Harit that they can be any condition however it is not hard to import parts these days. I had seen a Honda CBR954 which was auctioned by Delhi airport for 3L plus some money under the table. The guy used it for an year got it registered in Haryana & sold it for 5.5 Lakh. I had seen the bike & papers as i wanted to buy that bike.

It is not hard to get these baby's up & running any technical person can do that for you. I had a talk with the Customs Auctionee & he mentioned they were not even sold today as the reserve price is quite high.

I can even buy a crashed bike as i am working on a project. Let me know if any one has an information on a crashed bike's in India.

Harneet
0-9810015831

jagrocks7 7th October 2012 20:45

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Any Auction coming up?

Please provide details?

sabret00the 22nd January 2013 02:39

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagrocks7 (Post 2925823)
Any Auction coming up?

Please provide details?

Just finished searching http://www.mstcindia.co.in/Forthcomi...l_regions.aspx with the word "Custom" and for all the results which turned up there are no SBK's.

n_aditya 22nd January 2013 10:55

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sabret00the (Post 3021319)
Just finished searching http://www.mstcindia.co.in/Forthcomi...l_regions.aspx with the word "Custom" and for all the results which turned up there are no SBK's.

If you're looking for used superbikaes, then hook up with a few SBK owners who can provide more details. Look up pages in facebook for superbike owners, they generally have a dedicated club/group page and you might find a bike which you're looking for.

vinay kamath 11th May 2014 05:12

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
On Friday 09-05-2014, three super bikes were disposed by e-auction by Bangalore Customs as under :

1) 2008 Suzuki Intruder Rs 6.8 lacs
2) 2006 Suzuki Hayabusa Rs 7.6 lacs (maroon)
3) 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa Rs 8.3 lacs (white)

(VAT 14.5% and RTO OTT extra)

I heard that all these bikes were
a) assembled locally out of imported spare parts
b) were seized over four years ago
c) bore fake registration numbers

d) The keys, ECU and a speedometer were missing in the Intruder.

e) Another Kawasaki Ninja and two Yamaha R1s are in their possession and await Court Orders for e-auction in near future.

KaandBaaz 20th May 2014 18:39

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Hello guys,

Just came across this thread as I am in the market for a used 600cc bike.

Can anyone help me with when is the next DRI auction for bike. I did search the MSTC India website but was not able to get any link.

Thanks.

Ajaybiz 20th June 2014 15:39

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Seen pics of one Multistrada in Box but ECU is missing, is it coming to auction soon?

vinay.makhija 27th October 2014 16:03

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Hi everyone,
Pls also let me know any superbikes auction to be held in mumbai.

vinay kamath 22nd January 2015 08:17

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale
 
Motor Bike-Yamaha R1, Model: YZF-R1, Engine No. N-509-E-024133, Chassis No. JYARN121000019916, Regn. No. KA-08-J-5004, Manufactured around 2008, Manufacture: Yamaha, Japan.

SPECIFICATION: Engine Capacity: 998 CC, Type- 4 Stroke 2 Cylinder Oil cooled V type twin engines,Transmission-6 speed with multiple slipper clutch, Brakes: Front-dual 310mm Disc and Rear- Single 220mm disc, Fuel: Petrol, Tyres: Front 120/70 ZR17M/C 58W Tubeless, Rear-190/55ZR17M/C 75W tubeless, Weight-206kg(approximate).

The inspection time is from 15.00 hours to 16.30 hours on 28.01.2015

1 LOT

VAT As Applicable / 5.5%

Inspection : Customs A-3 Godown, Office of the Commissioner of Customs,C.R. Building, Queens Road, Bangalore


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:47.