Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/95384-dri-auctions-list-seized-superbikes-sale.html)

autoholic 19th January 2011 09:24

DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale

2 Attachment(s)
I am not into bikes, BUT, guys have a look at the pics below. The Customs and excise seized superbikes on for sale. Already registered and once bought from customs they become as genuine as any other bike. Go for them.
Attachment 485505

Attachment 485506

@MODS : I dont know if this the right thread to post this. So please move/copy the post accordingly.

GTO 19th January 2011 15:59

Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale

Autoholic, thanks for sharing that information! I've always been curious about DRI auctions, and know someone who'd gotten an import 250cc for only 60,000 bucks.

I see some drool-worthy bikes on that list, including the CBR 600 (impossible to get a clean example), CBR 1000, 954 and even R1s? Is there a website where the DRI posts this information?

Would love to know more on how to go about a successful DRI transaction.

ariesonu 19th January 2011 16:09

GTO: The DRI buiding is 3rd building from my office in Marine Lines (Bang opposite SNDT University main gate). We have seen these bikes parked on their ground level many a times.
I'll try to get info & pics if possible. One HUMMER H2 (Covered with tattered canvas) is still parked here.
They also had a white Bentley continentel few weeks back but now its not there anymore.

Raab Rakha.

sumitdongerkery 19th January 2011 17:22

This is looking interesting. Even I would be curious to have more info on this. How secure is this? Do we get all the documents/rights on this vehicle just like picking up a new one after paying the auction price or is there some *conditions apply involved

autoholic 19th January 2011 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2214771)
Autoholic, thanks for sharing that information! I've always been curious about DRI auctions, and know someone who'd gotten an import 250cc for only 60,000 bucks.

I see some drool-worthy bikes on that list, including the CBR 600 (impossible to get a clean example), CBR 1000, 954 and even R1s? Is there a website where the DRI posts this information?

Sir, thanks for appreciating the post.

The auction is there on MSTC.

FYI these bikes were put up for auction a fortnight ago also. The bids for these bikes went upto 6-8L each. But I guess the auction must have been cancelled later on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumitdongerkery
This is looking interesting. Even I would be curious to have more info on this. How secure is this? Do we get all the documents/rights on this vehicle just like picking up a new one after paying the auction price or is there some *conditions apply involved

It is a well known fact that a car/bike bought from customs, irrespective of its past history becomes as legal as a showroom purchased vehicle. You are purchasing the vehicle from customs, not the person from which it was seized. So no conditions applied.

coolclouds 19th January 2011 18:04

I think these bikes are already registered. How is the ownership transfer going to happen? Is DRI is entitled to issue the docs on behalf of the registered owner?

mac187 19th January 2011 18:16

These surely look like a killer offer.

@Sonu: Please post some pix and give us a reaction if its worth going for.. I am really interested.

thedreamcatcher 19th January 2011 18:29

This is interesting indeed

Few questions. How does one get to know auctions like this are going to take place?

Does this happen in other cities as well?

WHat is the basis price for the auction. Does it factor in the import duties and so on

alpha1 19th January 2011 18:57

Is it a fair auction, accessible* to common man unlike all other govt auctions?

* accessible does not mean sitting merely at the auction like a mute spectator.

niks_devil666 19th January 2011 19:39

can anyone post pics if they go to check out the bikes?

autoholic 19th January 2011 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher (Post 2214994)
This is interesting indeed

Few questions. How does one get to know auctions like this are going to take place?

Does this happen in other cities as well?

WHat is the basis price for the auction. Does it factor in the import duties and so on

NO import duties payable above the bid price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 2215031)
Is it a fair auction, accessible* to common man unlike all other govt auctions?

* accessible does not mean sitting merely at the auction like a mute spectator.

Auctions are done online, accessible to everyone.

sriramv.iyer 19th January 2011 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by autoholic (Post 2215105)
Auctions are done online, accessible to everyone.

Curious to know how - Can you please pass on a link if you have one?

madbullram 19th January 2011 21:25

Auto: The image shows auctions are open on 31st Jan. How come you are saying its over?

esteem_lover 19th January 2011 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2214771)

Are you seroius about that ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolclouds (Post 2214959)
I think these bikes are already registered. How is the ownership transfer going to happen? Is DRI is entitled to issue the docs on behalf of the registered owner?

Yes. Once the vehicle is seized, it becomes the property of GOI. A small certificate to the RTO is enough to get these beauties registered in your name.

And to some folks who have doubts about these auctions, yes they are as genuine as it can be. Of course there is nothing too genuine in India, but mostly YES. You are most welcome to come and bid there.

But I must say that there is one super luxurious Lexus lying in the customs warehouse here in Chennai (seized by DRI in 1991) for the last 19-20 years. No one wants to bid for it. :D

autoholic 19th January 2011 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer (Post 2215140)
Curious to know how - Can you please pass on a link if you have one?

Here you go - MSTC

Quote:

Originally Posted by madbullram (Post 2215168)
Auto: The image shows auctions are open on 31st Jan. How come you are saying its over?

As I have already said, these SAME bikes listed here were put up for auction a fortnight ago also. The bids for these bikes went upto 6-8L each. The auction did HAPPEN and I know this as I had participated myself. But I guess the auction must have been cancelled later on. Now these bikes are up for auction again.