Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2011, 14:41   #16
BANNED

Re: The Story Of My Harley Tune Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
One doubt Does it have a tail lamp?
Sreehari
Some Sportster models like the Iron, Nightster, and 48 comes with a combination stop/indicator/park light. The Indicator lights you see in the back performs all three functions.
Old 10th April 2011, 12:52   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Congrats on the american tourer .Looks mouth watering.One doubt Does it have a tail lamp?.Great pics.Which camera do you use?
Drive "him" safe.Mods well done.
Sreehari
Thankq . This model does not come with a tail lamp,but the LED indicators have built in brake light.

The photos are captured in Canon 50D
Old 10th April 2011, 17:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

That is one mean looking motor cycle there !! I love your Jacket too - is it Authorised merchandise from a Harley store in India ?

Brilliant Pics.

Brilliant job by the Harley guys in Hyderabad ! Fantastic !

Last edited by vkochar : 10th April 2011 at 17:14.
Old 11th April 2011, 01:30   #19
BHPian

Thank you, Yes the jacket is from Harley.
Old 11th April 2011, 10:31   #20
BHPian

Below is a short video of the bike and exhaust.currently I have the quiet inserts in the exhaust,coz it was way too loud with stock baffles.

Old 11th April 2011, 12:56   #21
BHPian

Beautiful pics. Been following your thread on the other forum too. My question is (and don't flame me for this) - Kitna deta hai ? Seriously!!!
Old 11th April 2011, 13:50   #22
BHPian

the economy...! i am getting about 12 - 14 kmpl.
Old 12th April 2011, 10:25   #23
BHPian

Ha ha ha... who looks at average on such monsters... What's the ground clearance of XL 1200 Nightster??? How does it handle on bumpy roads???
Old 12th April 2011, 12:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1tBull View Post
Beautiful pics. Been following your thread on the other forum too. My question is (and don't flame me for this) - Kitna deta hai ? Seriously!!!
Seriously dood , if a person pays so much money to buy something would he/she be worried about mileage
Old 12th April 2011, 13:46   #25
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
Seriously dood , if a person pays so much money to buy something would he/she be worried about mileage
Its not only about the money shrini. My VFR is 13 years old and in all the years that I've had the bike since I bought it new I made a conscious decision never ever to check the mileage, as I don't want my focus to shift from the raw pleasure of riding this awesome machine. I redline the bike in each gear as the V4 is primal in its scream and obviously if I were bothered about mileage it would go for a toss the way I ride it. So more than the money bit its about the performance and the pleasure factor
Old 12th April 2011, 14:30   #26
BANNED

The Nightster does not have a fuel gauge display. Only a low fuel warning light. Having a rough idea of your mileage will help in planning trips on a 12.5 Litre tank bike.

Ride Safe
Old 12th April 2011, 14:46   #27
BHPian

Blah. Not sure if you have heard it before, but I don't like how this one looks. A bit over done. I have ridden the XL 1200 Nighter and absolutely adored how well it fits being a thin person's Harley. But this one makes me say yuck. Sorry. Ab toh keh dia..

That's probably because I prefer stock looking bikes and their upgrades. Please don't say to each his own. I know.

Also, you can definitely smell some jealousy.

Last edited by Gurpartap Singh : 12th April 2011 at 14:47.
Old 12th April 2011, 15:29   #28
BHPian

Thank You for all the comments.

@Leepower The Ground Clearance is pretty good on the Nightster compared to the 883L and the 48. which are way too low.i have no issues with the ride,its good,i ride it almost every day.i ride solo most of the time,with a pillion you would rather want to take the speed breakers slow.

Looks like a lot about FE... as DKG said when you spend so much on your bike ,FE isnt an issue,but you definitely should know about it when you bike doesn't have a fuel gauge.

About the customisation ,everyone has their own way . my bike is rolled up on a bobber / cafe racer concept borrowed from rolland sands and other tuners around the world. This is just work in progress I have about 40% of my tuning done.Don't consider this a finished product you will be seeing more of it.
Old 12th April 2011, 15:30   #29
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
The Nightster does not have a fuel gauge display. Only a low fuel warning light. Having a rough idea of your mileage will help in planning trips on a 12.5 Litre tank bike.
Now that's a very valid reason for needing to know the mileage !! They do sell a fuel guage though as a accessory
Old 12th April 2011, 15:36   #30
DKG
Senior - BHPian

For those who don't know its the tradition of customer initiated customisation that has led to the creation of so many models in the HD range. Many of the "stock" models were once custom creations by customers. Harley staff are intimately involved in the bike shows and festivals which showcase custom one offs. More often than not these are the inspiration for HD to actually adapt it to form a line

So tweaking and personalising your HD is an age old tradition and while the results may not always appeal to everyone there always will be a few like the owner himself who will simply love what he's created.

I am already planning to change the rims on the bike I have ordered to spoke with whitewalls !! So you can see this fever is infectious !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks