Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2011, 13:36   #46
BHPian

Re: FZ1 Ownership Thread

Congrats Nikhil. The FZ1 does look fabulous in white, should say it has got so much of muscle in it. Is Fz1 manufactured in India or completed imported?

The second picture shows how nice the byke has been transported... Wishing you many years of happy and safe riding.
Old 15th April 2011, 14:43   #47
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Nikhil, that is one superb package you have bought yourself. The FZ1 is undoubtedly my pick of the lot from the current crop of Superbike available in India. It has the power, looks, usability, minimum plastic to be worried about and comes at a bargain price when compared to its completitors.
Going by Akhil's R1 experience, Yamaha also seems to a be a little bothered about its premium clientele in India.
I am a big fan of going by the manual with any of these upmarket machines and taking advice contrary to the manual only from those who have learned it the hard way.
Also, application of speed 97 et all that jazz is quite over rated over regular city commutes, and I'm glad you have decided to stick to speed, and nothing higher. This will also be quite helpful whilst touring as finding a bunk with speed 97 would be a major hindrance for you.
Needless to say, I am going to be watching this thread rather closely. Subscribed.

manson.
Old 16th April 2011, 20:01   #48
BHPian

Thats a hottt bike mate. LOved the way those pipes look
Old 17th April 2011, 15:42   #49
BHPian

congrats Nikhil. Thats one sweet ride you've bought. Please also mention about the accessories and gear you bought along.

Nikhil
Old 21st April 2011, 10:14   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post

I think you will be better off using 97.

Cheers!
yup I will try that again
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Hearty Congratulations Nikhil !! "Kitna deti hain" ? :lol

Time to have a "FZ1 Delight" on MotoCafe's menu ?

And I hope you remember that I am yet to see the bike.
Thanks .. might get it to cafe someday , tab dekh lena
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
Congrats Nikhil. The FZ1 does look fabulous in white, should say it has got so much of muscle in it. Is Fz1 manufactured in India or completed imported?

The second picture shows how nice the byke has been transported... Wishing you many years of happy and safe riding.
Thanks , its a CBU,completed imported
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Congratulations Nikhil, that is one superb package you have bought yourself. The FZ1 is undoubtedly my pick of the lot from the current crop of Superbike available in India. It has the power, looks, usability, minimum plastic to be worried about and comes at a bargain price when compared to its completitors.
Going by Akhil's R1 experience, Yamaha also seems to a be a little bothered about its premium clientele in India.
I am a big fan of going by the manual with any of these upmarket machines and taking advice contrary to the manual only from those who have learned it the hard way.
Also, application of speed 97 et all that jazz is quite over rated over regular city commutes, and I'm glad you have decided to stick to speed, and nothing higher. This will also be quite helpful whilst touring as finding a bunk with speed 97 would be a major hindrance for you.
Needless to say, I am going to be watching this thread rather closely. Subscribed.

manson.
Thanks
I will try some other fuels too before i start puting in speed 97. Will keep u updated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Thats a hottt bike mate. LOved the way those pipes look

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
congrats Nikhil. Thats one sweet ride you've bought. Please also mention about the accessories and gear you bought along.

Nikhil
I havent bought anything yet , I already had gear with me. I just bought a Nuvo helmet.
Old 28th April 2011, 18:28   #51
BHPian

Updates after I did two rides. One was to lavasa in the night with Pillion. The other was to Mahabaleshwar , with Pillion.

FE is staying above 19 kmpl. Pillion is comfortable with a Bag (DSLR cam bag,decent sized back back) in between us. In the soft suspension setting , bike is very comfortable through bad patches too.

The bike is very much enjoyable at rpms 4-6k. It goes fast and in a controlled way.

Bike is going for servicing tomorrow. Will update the thread after its done.

Here are a few pics , enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
FZ1 Ownership Thread-img_5705.jpg  

FZ1 Ownership Thread-img_5722.jpg  

FZ1 Ownership Thread-img_5741.jpg  

FZ1 Ownership Thread-img_5761.jpg  

FZ1 Ownership Thread-img_5763.jpg  

FZ1 Ownership Thread-img_5765.jpg  

FZ1 Ownership Thread-img_5766.jpg  

FZ1 Ownership Thread-img_5771.jpg  

FZ1 Ownership Thread-img_5779.jpg  

FZ1 Ownership Thread-img_5789.jpg  

Old 29th April 2011, 07:37   #52
Senior - BHPian

superb pics! how many kms has the bike done?
any plans of a frame slider kit? think you should get one installed, esp since you are into long trips.

btw the silver FZ1 i was talking about got the under cowling as a standard fitment on the bike. cant post the picture due to privacy reasons.

its also mentioned on the Yamaha India website. think you should ask your Yamaha dealer once about it.

link: Products | India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd.

also was surprised to see the abs as an option on the FZ1! a good step by Yamaha India.
Old 29th April 2011, 08:12   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
superb pics! how many kms has the bike done?
any plans of a frame slider kit? think you should get one installed, esp since you are into long trips.

btw the silver FZ1 i was talking about got the under cowling as a standard fitment on the bike. cant post the picture due to privacy reasons.

its also mentioned on the Yamaha India website. think you should ask your Yamaha dealer once about it.

link: Products | India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd.

also was surprised to see the abs as an option on the FZ1! a good step by Yamaha India.
I cudnt find it on the site , can you please tell me which section is it in?
I didnt know ABS was offered in India :(
Old 29th April 2011, 08:21   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
I cudnt find it on the site , can you please tell me which section is it in?
I didnt know ABS was offered in India :(
hey sure, its in end of the third paragraph of the 'concept' page:

Quote:
The FZ1 is equipped with an undercowling as standard, and is also available with ABS.
the abs option surprised me too! if its possible could you find out more details about the abs variant and the price when you pick up your bike from service?
Old 29th April 2011, 08:26   #55
BHPian

Quote:
hey sure, its in end of the third paragraph of the 'concept' page:

the abs option surprised me too! if its possible could you find out more details about the abs variant and the price when you pick up your bike from service?
That is because it is a rip off from the UK site. There is no such option here.
Old 29th April 2011, 08:41   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is because it is a rip off from the UK site. There is no such option here.
you mean the abs? no clue about that, but the cowl/belly pan is def there. i have seen it on a friend's bike here, confirmed with him too. came as a std fitment.
Old 29th April 2011, 08:44   #57
BHPian

Quote:
you mean the abs? no clue about that, but the cowl/belly pan is def there. i have seen it on a friend's bike here, confirmed with him too. came as a std fitment.
he bought a fz1 from the showroom and he got the belly pan as a standard fitment ?
Old 29th April 2011, 08:51   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he bought a fz1 from the showroom and he got the belly pan as a standard fitment ?
Yes, Hyderabad showroom i guess, will re-confirm also, have left him a message, if he is ok with it, will put up the pic here.

Last edited by aadix : 29th April 2011 at 09:04.
Old 29th April 2011, 17:02   #59
Senior - BHPian

Congrats nick's for the superb buy ! The color looks superb , probably the best of the lot. I own a FZ-16 , and I just love it . Dream of buying the bigger sibling one day ! One of the most practical bike for Indian conditions !
Old 30th April 2011, 10:40   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Congrats nick's for the superb buy ! The color looks superb , probably the best of the lot. I own a FZ-16 , and I just love it . Dream of buying the bigger sibling one day ! One of the most practical bike for Indian conditions !
Thanks buddy. It definitely is one of the most practical bikes you can buy.

Most Viewed