Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2006, 11:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

By the way guys, saw the WHITE 4X4 Endeavour at the dealer yesterday and its looking quite good actually; I think the white is making the grill stand out a bit (it just gets covered up in the other colours) - in fact I thought they'd changed it around a bit but the sales guy pointed out that it was the effect of the white colour
Old 24th February 2006, 14:34   #17
BHPian

Thai versions of Ford SUVs

http://www.ford.co.th/everest/eng/home.php

Is the thai version of the Endeavour.. Originally slated to be called everest in India (you can still identify the logo on the spare wheel cover), till at the last moment the domain was taken by someone else..

The engine "The new Ford Everest features a robust 2.5L WLT Turbo Intercooler Diesel engine. It powerfully produces a maximum power of 82 kilowatts and 121 horsepower at 3,500 rpm and a highest toque of 270 Newton-metre at 2,000 rpm"

It seems to be the same engine as the current Indian model (though the indian website mentions 112 ps), so dont expect any new CRDi engine replacement.

This would of course be a great SUV to introduce in India:
http://www.fordescapethai.com/escape/eng/engine.php
Old 24th February 2006, 15:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj

It seems to be the same engine as the current Indian model (though the indian website mentions 112 ps), so dont expect any new CRDi engine replacement.

Yeah, I'd visited the website after hearing from Ajmat and was quite hopeful but found that it wasn't anything new, it was the same one as we have already. Not only Thailand but even Phillipines & Vietnam have the same engine. The only hope for CRDI (or TDCI as Ford call it) would be if they decided to bring in the 2 litre TDCI doing duty presently in the Transit van and plonk it in the Endeavour. But I think that would be an expensive proposition and if it does happen, may push the prices way out of reach.

As far as the lower bhp is concerned, most of the vehicles launched in india have lower bhp than their counterparts in other countries due to the fuel in this country - the bhp is lowered to cater to the cruder fuel that we have.
Old 2nd March 2006, 12:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys down Chennai & around the vicinity of the Ford plant, will you keep your eyes open and let us know if you see any Ford technical types moving around in Endeavours like "test"ing them?

The service manager at my Ford dealership accidentally dropped the news last weekend that there were apparently 10 or so Common Rail engines going through extensive tests on Endeavours down South. He didn't want to thereafter commit on any definite dates so just mentioned "end of the year".

One has heard so much of "Yes" & "No" about the common rail on the Endys that I really don't know whether to believe this or discount it! Just thought it may lend some credence if anyone did see Endys "apparently" going through tests.....

(Steeroid & our Bangalore mods would you be knowing any dealership owners down there who would give you some insights?)

Thanks
Old 6th March 2006, 15:41   #20
BHPian

Ford's Dura Diesel engines

Ford launced in 2001 a 1.8L duratec crdi diesel engine with a 113bhp power

There are a good number of engine options they have:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Duratorq_engine
Old 6th March 2006, 15:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ford launced in 2001 a 1.8L duratec crdi diesel engine with a 113bhp power

There are a good number of engine options they have:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Duratorq_engine
We may need a 2 litre or bigger for a beast of that size - power to weight & all that?
Old 6th March 2006, 17:45   #22
BANNED

What I don't understand is why Maruti hasn't yet developed a diesel option for the Gypsy. I think it would be a pretty big hit. I think the Gypsy and some of the Mahindras are the only real 4X4s that have been made in this country.
Old 6th March 2006, 19:28   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
What I don't understand is why Maruti hasn't yet developed a diesel option for the Gypsy. I think it would be a pretty big hit. I think the Gypsy and some of the Mahindras are the only real 4X4s that have been made in this country.
If they had put a CRDi into the Gypsy King, it would have been tough for Scorpio to have been so successful. I guess their only foray into diesel was the zen. They did not take advantage of the demand for diesel vehicles in the country - it would have been great given their reach and support network.
Old 6th March 2006, 19:42   #24
BANNED

Quote:
I guess their only foray into diesel was the zen.
And the Esteem - Both the Zen D and Esteem D did quite well in TN and AP.
Old 16th March 2006, 14:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Guys, thought I'd share some wishful thinking with you.......this engine could be the TDCI option for the Endeavour -
http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews...e-1004831.html

What do you think? If they can plonk in a 1.4 ltr one for the Fiesta, why not a 2.4 ltr for the big brother as well!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks