Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2011, 16:45   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti vs Toyota Fortuner

Hi Everyone!

I am badly trying to get the Prado type grill for the Fortuner, unfortunately, the dealers in Bangalore dont seem to have it. I did check with Autofusion and Evo, but to no avail.

Would someone have an idea of where I may obtain, preferably from Bangalore?

please suggest.

regards,

Nitin
Old 12th August 2011, 23:54   #152
Senior - BHPian

Hi Everyone!

With great difficulty, Thouqeer (Autofusion) finally managed to get me the prado style grill. I rushed to his shop and got it installed. Please find the pics. The fit and finish is perfect.

regards,

Nitin
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti vs Toyota Fortuner-img00059201108121823.jpg  

Skoda Yeti vs Toyota Fortuner-img00061201108121824.jpg  

Old 13th August 2011, 00:18   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Nitin, since your dilemma is over and you've already chosen the TFort over the Yeti, time to close this thread and start a full-fledged owership review, methinks.
Old 21st August 2011, 17:04   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Hi,

I have seen the chrome finishes in most of the Fortuners and almost everyone who buys a Fortuner takes these chrome finishes.
======
This was the first front parking sensor system installed at Autofushion.
Hi Nitin, Could you let me know how much the front parking sensors cost and the address of the place you got them installed? Same for the Prado grill you have installed. I would like to get them installed in my fortuner too. Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:13   #155
Senior - BHPian

@alfredenuemann: The front parking sensors cost me about 5.xk, while the prado grill came at 10.5K including fitting. The dealer is Thouqeer, Autofusion: Mobile: +91 9845004858

The grill is also available at Nandi Toyota, hosur road.
Old 27th May 2012, 10:42   #156
Senior - BHPian

Hi Team, I sold my fortuner.... So the argument continues .. Coffee .. Toffee... which car?
Old 27th May 2012, 12:00   #157
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose
Hi Team, I sold my fortuner.... So the argument continues .. Coffee .. Toffee... which car?
Come over to the land of the LittleBigFoot. You wont regret it at all I assure you!
Old 27th May 2012, 12:37   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose
You can also go a notch up and think of the Freelander 2..
Old 27th May 2012, 13:08   #159
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Hi Nitin,

Any particular reason for selling of your Fortuner? How many kms had it run and how much did you sell it for?

How about looking at the New Pajero Sport?
Old 29th May 2012, 17:28   #160
BHPian

hi shanker balan and all

(sorry for hijacking your thread nitin, i dont want to open a new one)

am now in a great dilemma - 4x4 or 4x2 yeti? i will never do any sort of offroading, but that touch screen thing is too good to miss. dilemma.
Old 29th May 2012, 19:01   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinfrancis View Post
hi shanker balan and all

am now in a great dilemma - 4x4 or 4x2 yeti? i will never do any sort of offroading, but that touch screen thing is too good to miss. dilemma.
If your wallet allows you its the 4X4 anyday. Trust me, Yeti is not an hardcore offroader a.k.a Jeeps / Gypsys. It is best suited for loose sand and gravel.

If the 4X2 is in your roadmap - check with the dealer on fitting that touchscreen as an accessory. 4X2 and 4X4 have the same electrical circuit. Installing it should not be a challenge at least for the A.S.S.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2012, 22:54   #162
Senior - BHPian

I sold the Fortuner as its the legacy model; keeping it might loose its value over time as the new model is out. I sold it for 21L. :-)
Old 29th May 2012, 23:46   #163
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinfrancis
hi shanker balan and all

Well the Elegance also gets those six airbags and cornering lamps etc apart from that cool touch screen, so if the budget permits it, then buy the elegance. I was in the same spot and decided that the differential was worth it in the end. Yes, it isn't an off roader like a gypsy orthe like, but its a gutsy, comfortable, stylish and safe, high quality vehicle. Simply Clever about sums it up. I like it, have bought it and hence would happily recommend it!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 29th May 2012 at 23:48.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2012, 09:25   #164
BHPian

thanks guys -scorpiobharath and shanker balan.
sometimes you really need a few encouraging words to take the plunge.if i buy (which i sincerely hope to) i will definitely buy the top end one.
the few compromises i have made till now,citing a reduction in prices, i have come to regret greatly.
nevinfrancis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 19:50   #165
Senior - BHPian

I visited the Tafe access showroom, JP Nagar, Bangalore a couple of weeks ago. They gave me a test drive on a 4x2. This was on a Saturday. When asked for a 4x4, the SC told me it would be ready by the following Monday. I never heard from him for two weeks, after which I'd decided to call him. He told me he's riding a bike and would revert ASAP. He never reverted!

I then visited Tafe access on Hosur Road. Once again I was given a TD on the 4x2 but atleast they had a 4x4 in the showroom to show me. I was also interested in the superb and they gave me a TD on the superb the following day. I then asked the SC to provide me the total pricing, discounts and the so called skoda finance details. I never heard from him for 3-4 days after which he'd called me to check when I'm placing an order. I told him I require the pricing and finance details - how can I place an order without knowing how much its going to cost me?

I got a mail from him at the end of the day. Guess what, the attachment, though named as finance details has his list of customers, those who had expressed interest etc. I was surprised to find most of them had never reverted, post-poned the purchase or even cancelled the booking!

It seems the Skoda Dealers are not at all serious.

While the Nandi Toyota SC promptly gave me a TD, sent me the pricing and booking details (bank transfer details, documents required) and even had a financial consultant to give me the various car loan info!

Now, tell me which car to go for!

It appears the Skoda dealers are making money by selling so other things that selling Skoda cars is not their mainstream business.

Last edited by nitinbose : 4th June 2012 at 19:52.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks