Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 17th November 2017, 22:20   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Innova vs Toyota Fortuner - For a Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumars View Post
Re-visiting an old tread..

We have a 2007 Innova G4 primarily used by family of 7 for outstation travels.
Since you are retaining your car for a long time, go for Crysta top end. There is no point in paying 12L premium for the Fortuner if you are more inclined towards comfort. You will be again in market in 2 or 3 years as your Innova G4 is 10 years old now. But as far as I see, you will miss the quality of your old Innova in the newer one. There are some niggles reported in our own forum.

Even though Hexa is a competent product, the ASS might be a gamble with Tata. Its still a hit or a miss. But given the approximate price difference
of 7l between Crysta and Hexa top end in Bangalore, you can take the Gamble on a Tata product. My friend recently had a ride in Hexa and he is all praise for the ride comfort on it. The build quality of Hexa is also good.

With all said, Take a good TD of all the cars and decide based on your family's comfort and your preferred choice.
hema4saran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2017, 20:26   #122
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Innova vs Toyota Fortuner - For a Family

Have responded below with comments inline within you post

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumars View Post

Kindly let your inputs flow on the below parameters.
1. Comfort for 7 average size adults (especially third row of fortuner compared to Crysta). Innova or Hexa both would be more comfortable that the Fortuner.
2. Safety (both have 7 airbags and other necessary safety kit) - does the Fortuner have any other differentiating factor? Hexa would be safest.
3. Is it worth paying about 12 lakh premium on-road Bangalore between Innova Crysta 2.8Z Automatic and Fortuner AT as both have the same engines/ gearbox? Not unless you are in politics.
4. I understand the road presence and snob value of Fortuner is next to none in the SUV segment. However, again is it worth the premium difference. Maybe the Endeavour matches and exceeds the Fortuner in snob value and presence both by a small margin. The Endy is worth the premium over the Innova but not the Fortuner. If you want the best deal get the 2.2 Titanium Endy.
5. NVH characteristics

Note: I will be considering the Hexa as well but would leave that for another discussion.
I recommend in the below order:
1) Endeavour
2) Hexa
3) Innova
4) Fortuner

I further find both the Endeavour and Hexa much more planted on the road than the Innova and Fortuner so would suggest that they are inherently safer for highway driving. Besides Endeavour has 7 airbags and Hexa too has 6 both are much better value than the Toyota options (If you plan to keep the car for 7 yrs then resale value will not be a major impact.) Endeavour competes globally with the Toyota Landcruiser Prado which is a higher segment vehicle than the Fortuner.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote