Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2012, 04:37   #91
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova vs Toyota Fortuner - For a Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Guys,

This is a kind of anti-climax...Endeavour 4x4...i sealed the deal for 14.50 Lakhs and will be taking delivery during the course of this week.

This will be my third Ford and both my current cars will be from the blue oval (New Fiesta and this Endeavour). I will put up the ownership thread as soon as I get it home.
Awaiting your ownership report on the Endeavour MAS.
Old 6th December 2012, 11:45   #92
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Awaiting your ownership report on the Endeavour MAS.
It is already online here...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tomatic-3.html
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2013, 20:33   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
I do remember that my Innova's ride improved after the first 1000 kms or so. But also, meanwhile please check the air pressure very carefully. The meter you are relying on, may be defective. I have asked them to fill 31 Psimany times and ended up wtih 35 or even 42 once.

The low speed ride of Innova is a bit firm and has always been that way. In addition, the ride of Innova is extremely sensitive to tire pressure and I suggest that you try with 30 psi first and then gradually build up from there. To give an example, I get an extremely cushy ride at 30 psi that turns to an extremely bumpy ride at 33-34 psi if I am the only one in the car. I use225/60 tires and not the original 205/65 mileage oriented lot.

Once you have confirmed that the meter is allright, give it 1-2 k kms and a little lower pressure (even try 28 - 29 for a day and see) till then and you should be fine.
In my view, the original tyre is more comfortable than the 225/60 profile.
The latter one would have more grip and better control, but not beter comfort.

Also, I suggest you discuss your issues with local taxi stand drivers. Sometimes practical advise is better than technical problem solving on internet.
Old 12th January 2013, 20:37   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderhermit View Post
Thats a misconception, because the sidewall height is the same.
Old 12th January 2013, 20:41   #95
BHPian

Congrats MAS for new endeavor. Although it is a complete U-turn, from the brief given at the start of the thread.

What would be interesting to hear from you is the review on Endeavor. With special reference on ride comfort at rear. Since this is the only SUV which has leaf springs at rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottobesaid View Post
Hi Guys, I don’t know if this is the right forum for my question but please move it to relevant section if this is not the correct one.

I have recently bought a Innova 2012 (7S) model and primarily I was looking for middle row comfort and good AC. Since this vehicle would be driven by driver, I was sure this is the best vehicle plus keeping in mind the overall low running costs.
Also the big reason was that my close friend has a 2006 Innova 2006 V (7S) model and I had driven it considerably and even enjoyed the second row ride in great comfort. The AC has always been a Chiller. So that prompted me to go for Innova as I thought this is the best one for me.

Now the problem:
The ride quality of the middle row is not upto the same mark as the old Innova. The current ride is lot bumpier that the old one. Though the suspension is same, noiseless, but the current one bounces quite a bit when there are just two people (driver and me). In the same combination, the ride in 2006 model was plush and comfortable. The seats in 2012 model shake a lots on just small uneven surface. If I keep my head on the headrest, it just keep on bouncing. I tried to reduce the tyre pressure to 32psi, but that is also not helping. Can anybody throw light on what could be the problem? Is it that this is new vehicle and will settle down in suspension after few thousand km? Does this happen to all new vehicles, initially and am I overacting? Frankly, I am little lost as I have a huge trust on Toyota, specially seeing the quality of my friends Innova, which has done almost 1 lac plus km and still going strong and comfortable.
Also the AC in my vehicle is not upto that mark. No doubt it is working fine, but in no way it is Chiller like the old Innova and does take time to cool down the cabin. No Chilling, even after long drive. I tried to show it to service station and I was told that it is just fine…which is hard to believe.
I know I am comparing the 2006 model to 2012 model, but my assumption was that they must have improved the 2012 model, after being in market for so long but what is coming out that they have reduced the quality level?

Is this right? Any thought on the suspension issue as that is creating more problem than the Ac issue?

Appreciate your views guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
I do remember that my Innova's ride improved after the first 1000 kms or so. But also, meanwhile please check the air pressure very carefully. The meter you are relying on, may be defective. I have asked them to fill 31 Psimany times and ended up wtih 35 or even 42 once.

The low speed ride of Innova is a bit firm and has always been that way. In addition, the ride of Innova is extremely sensitive to tire pressure and I suggest that you try with 30 psi first and then gradually build up from there. To give an example, I get an extremely cushy ride at 30 psi that turns to an extremely bumpy ride at 33-34 psi if I am the only one in the car. I use225/60 tires and not the original 205/65 mileage oriented lot.

Once you have confirmed that the meter is allright, give it 1-2 k kms and a little lower pressure (even try 28 - 29 for a day and see) till then and you should be fine.
The latter one would have more grip and better control, but not better comfort.

Also, I suggest you discuss your issues with local taxi stand drivers. Sometimes practical advise is better than technical problem solving on internet.

Last edited by wanderhermit : 12th January 2013 at 20:49.
Old 13th January 2013, 20:28   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderhermit View Post

Which original tire...the bridgestone or the goodyear. Ride comfort depends on many factors, including tire brand, tire profile, compound, sidewall height, sidewall construction, reinforcements, tire pressure etc etc. I travel extensively and never hesitate to take the pasenger seat in a taxi to pick up conversations with drivers. Umfortunately with the explosion in the taxi trade, there are a lot less knowledgeable drivers than one would like to assume. They all generally love to keep 35 psi plus in the ca toget better mileage, even at the expense of suspension life and ride comfort.

This is the right forum imho to discuss issues...where people have needs beyond tire mileage and fuel efficiency - factors that the taxi trade considers paramount.

Also, 225/60 in one brand can have a better ride than 205/65 in another brand.
Buffetfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 22:59   #97
Senior - BHPian

Upgrade from Toyota Innova to a used Toyota Fortuner - Advisable?

Hi Guys, I am getting a Toyota U trust certified 2009 make, 79k run Fortuner for Rs 14.3lacs. I want to trade this with the Innova I currently own - 2012 make and 69k run. I expect Rs 9.5 - 10 lacs for the Innova.

Does this trade look reasonable?

Also how good/bad is the Fortuner in comparison to Innova for the following use patterns:

- monthly running of around 3k kms (70:30 in favor of highways)
- at least 6 long distance road trips with the whole family( 5 adults+ kid) every year
- a 900 km business round trip made inside 24 hrs, every 2 weeks- with the intention of bringing back as many articles in the car as possible ( home linen, decoration pieces etc)

So essentially the attributes needed are space, comfort and reliability. I think Fortuner's reliability is second to none, but how comfortable will it be compared to Innova? Even if it is 80% as comfortable for 5 adults, I'll be fine with it.

Also as per Toyota service managers there is not much difference in average running and maintenance cost of an Innova and a Fortuner. Is this true?
Old 10th September 2014, 23:13   #98
Senior - BHPian

Re: Upgrade from Toyota Innova to a used Toyota Fortuner - Advisable?

Innova is far superior to Fortuner as far as ride comfort is concerned. There is a huge difference in comfort levels between the two. As far as long distance cruising is concerned, the Innova beats the Fortuner lock, stock and barrel.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 23:33   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but how comfortable will it be compared to Innova? Even if it is 80% as comfortable for 5 adults, I'll be fine with it.
forgot about 5 , only driver & co-passenger will be Ok , not like Innova but close , middle seat is simply horrible

Given your running nothing will beat Innova , even if its a certified still its an old car driven and maintained by someone else . Try to live with Innova till next generation is launched . I am giving you this feedback after owning multiple fortuners & Innova's .

Quote:
Toyota service managers there is not much difference in average running and maintenance cost of an Innova and a Fortuner. Is this true?
Yes normal consumables are similarly priced but for body parts Fortuner will be expensive .

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th September 2014 at 23:53.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 23:45   #100
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Innova is superior to the Fortuner in terms of ride quality, comfort and high way manners. Not that the Fortuner is totally uncomfortable, but why do you want to trade your 2012 Innova for a 2009 Fortuner? That too when the Innova ticks all the right boxes and suits your needs competently.

I'm sorry, but if this trade-in is just for an image upgrade, you should buy a new Fortuner instead of a 79K run 2009 pre-face lift model.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 06:42   #101
BHPian

The only points I can see favoring the Fortuner is the road presence and snob value.

If that is your requirement then go ahead, else it makes more sense to retain the Innova for all practical purposes.
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 07:13   #102
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 12th September 2014 at 15:03.
Anupam is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th September 2014, 08:40   #103
Senior - BHPian

If you are happy with the Innova, stay with it. Fortuner is more powerful; thats about all.

My Innova has run 200k km without any major repair (just regular maintenance).
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 09:48   #104
Senior - BHPian

The front seats of both are comparable where in the fortuner you sit higher and the seats are little more plush. The interiors and features are pretty much the same.
For the rear seats in terms of comfort the innova wins hands down especially if one has the captain seats.
Fortuner is going to be peppy to drive with a more robust driving appeal.
However , all things remaining the same I think it makes no sense to give up a 2012 model car for a 2009 model car unless the upgrade is massive.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 10:36   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Hi Guys, I am getting a Toyota U trust certified 2009 make, 79k run Fortuner for Rs 14.3lacs. I want to trade this with the Innova I currently own - 2012 make and 69k run. I expect Rs 9.5 - 10 lacs for the Innova.

Does this trade look reasonable?

Also how good/bad is the Fortuner in comparison to Innova for the following use patterns:

- monthly running of around 3k kms (70:30 in favor of highways)
- at least 6 long distance road trips with the whole family( 5 adults+ kid) every year
- a 900 km business round trip made inside 24 hrs, every 2 weeks- with the intention of bringing back as many articles in the car as possible ( home linen, decoration pieces etc)

So essentially the attributes needed are space, comfort and reliability. I think Fortuner's reliability is second to none, but how comfortable will it be compared to Innova? Even if it is 80% as comfortable for 5 adults, I'll be fine with it.

Also as per Toyota service managers there is not much difference in average running and maintenance cost of an Innova and a Fortuner. Is this true?
For your usage I'd say stick with the Innova. If you're not going serious offroading, the Innova will be a much better bet than the Fortuner in most respects. I also assume that even if the maintenance costs are roughly the same, the Fortuner might just have the odd part that's a bit more expensive.

You've got the comfort of self owned vehicle, it'll be single owner when you sell it (the innova as opposed to 2nd hand fortuner) and most importantly, it will be more comfortable for the usage you have outlined. The Fortuner's ride comfort will actually be less than the Innova.

Just read the other replies and it seems this is the general consensus.

Last edited by Axe77 : 11th September 2014 at 10:39.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks