Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2009, 10:17   #61
BHPian

Take a look at this analysis

Hi,

Take a look a this analysis of SUV performances; its only a start up kit but contains enough baseline information to help you in the evaluation. Also one can keep adding evaluation criteria for more SUV's as they deem fit.

Hope it is of use
Cheers
Ram
Attached Files
File Type: xls SUV__Analysis.xls (47.5 KB, 523 views)
Old 19th March 2009, 13:19   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
only one thing i can suggest. ask him to wait till September and but a fortuner.

otherwise if he is ok with the endeavours horrible ride he should check out the thunder.
He understands that the Endeavour has a terrible middle row and back seat but cannot wait for the Fortuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
For your friends requirements, I see no other option other than another Endeavour and Tunder is the way to go.

There is no point what so ever to wait for a Fortuner. Toyota has delayed its plan to launch and I do believe that there would be further delays in their plans.
I agree. I too have been waiting for the fortuner for eons now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
If he is happy with his current Endy then 3.0L Thunder Endeavour is the way to go. As Sahil suggested if he has infinite patience, he can wait until year end for the Fortuner.

If he can up his budget by about 5 lakhs X-Trail is an option too.
X-Trail might not be a bad option to explore. The only consideration would be lack of service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
what kind of space does he need? does he need a big 3rd row seat?

Endy has 3 row seating and is high off the ground, but the seat to floor relationship is lower than Captiva.

Endy is built of an ancient truck frame whereas the Captiva is a unibody.

AFAIK, CRV and outlander are more of less the same 'space wise'
CR-V / Outlanded must be ruled out due to extensive ruinning and enormous fuel costs. He will take a look at the Captiva again but he is concerned that it won't be able to take a beating like the Endy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
If he is in a hurry then Endeavor or else wait for Fortuner. He is right, the captiva is cramped compared to the endy.
Thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2004 View Post
Hi,

Take a look a this analysis of SUV performances; its only a start up kit but contains enough baseline information to help you in the evaluation. Also one can keep adding evaluation criteria for more SUV's as they deem fit.

Hope it is of use
Cheers
Ram
Thanks Ram - This is indeed useful and I have emailed this to him.
Old 19th March 2009, 23:38   #63
BHPian

@CaliforniaKnight

i guess u should wait for hyundai Santa Fe it is supposed to be launched in india in the 2 quater this year, about fortruner i know its a damm good vehicle but there are only apprehensions in the market no concrete announcement i guess
Old 9th June 2011, 14:06   #64
BHPian

Re: Which new diesel SUV should I recommend?? Upto 20 Lakh

Why is the Chevy Captiva is not considered?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks