New Face Lifted Fortuner 31 46.27%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 16:03   #16
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner

There are a number of Factors to consider:

Looks: The current Fortuner is MUCH better looking in my humble opinion but if you prefer the new generation one ..go for it!! Its you who has to be with the Car after all.

I prefer the Current Fortuners Bumpers, Grill Headlights, Tail Lights and Alloy Wheel Design.

Price: The new one will definitely come with a price hike however small..

Transmission: As you do not want an Auto the current Fortuner shall do

Engine: Same in both cars

Interiors and Accessories: A very personal choice. I prefer the Current Fortuners interiors but like the new ones Steering Wheel. Prefer the wood inserts and camel color hide of the current Fortuner.
The HU unit replacement with rear view camera costs under 25,000/- and GPS can be added for an additional 11,000/- so no need to choose the New Fortuner for that reason alone.

Xenon Headlights: available in the New Fortuner but i prefer the headlight shape of the current model.

Availability: a no brainer..get your Fortuner as fast as possible!!

Resale: Depends how long you want to keep the Fortuner. if its just 3-4 years then you should get the new gen Fortuner as it may get a better price being a more current model but if you intend to keep it 8-10 years or more then resale will not be affected either way.

Another factor you have to consider is what if a majority of people prefer the looks of the Current Fortuner? It will fetch a premium over the New Gen Fortuner in the second hand market in that case.

But in the end dont think too much.

Follow your heart.. If you like the looks of the new one buy that or vice versa!
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner-24122009778.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner-24122009783.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner-24122009786.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner-24122009787.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner-24122009794.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner-27122009805.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner-27122009808.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner-24122009799.jpg  

Last edited by Manuuj : 1st August 2011 at 16:06.
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 16:24   #17
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBR_SHR View Post
I was told by Globe Toyota in Mohali that waiting period is 8 months. Here in Bangalore, Ravindu Toyota told me 2 months (3 months if I want a white one).
That is exactly what i meant. Waiting periods are down and in a few months, the Fortuner will be available off-the-shelf.

Also the fact that the new Fortuner has been launched elsewhere in the world and is expected to reach Indian shores at the turn of this year, it would keep many (like me) away from initiating the purchase. This will result in lower sales for Toyota.

Judging by Toyota's improved market response time in the past 18 months (Etios, Facelifted Innova, Liva, New Altis Petrol, Altis Diesel), i feel they will not delay the launch of this face lifted Fortuner.

Last edited by MAS : 1st August 2011 at 16:26.
Old 1st August 2011, 16:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

@Manuuj - Thanks Manuuj for a fairly comprehensive reply. Majority of points that you say are bang on and there are so many things that I like about the current Fortuner like the Wood Inserts, Instrument Cluster & Beige Leather. On the New one, the Prado (read soft) Front end and ICE are the 2 main things, I like. It is a tie right now between the two and only factor is the time frame in which the new one will be launched. If I feel its more than 6 months, I will go with the present one. I dont have any special preference for the new one, as majority of upgrades are cosmetic and as many have pointed out there might be a price increase in case all the features of the Indonesian model are launched here (powered seats, new ICE, HID's etc. does cost extra). I do plan to keep the vehicle for 6-10 years period.

Also I feel Toyota sometimes botches up the upgrades. I do like the 2004 (original) Corolla much more than the one that was subsequently launched. They however did make amends with the Altis which looked stunning when launched, but the 2nd (current) Altis upgrade has botched up the front grill again.

Either way, I know I will have a winner on my hands.

Keep the inputs rolling in...

Last edited by dkaile : 1st August 2011 at 16:52.
Old 1st August 2011, 18:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

A new development - Got another call from Toyota dealership just now that somehow my complaint regarding delivery period has been escalated at Bangalore and I will be getting my car by 15th; Gosh, only 15 days left. Dont know how this has happened, but that requires me to finalise the decision within this week.

Inputs/Comments, friends...
Old 1st August 2011, 19:07   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

dkaile, I voted you get the current-generation T.Fort. What's the sense in waiting indefinitely for a car that is still not announced to be launched? If you're getting the splendid Fortuner in current avatar within 30 days, why would you even consider waiting?

From HG's spun-off thread, I like the look of the facelift as well but the "classic" is a beaut anyway. And engine is the same brilliant one. AT option is nice but you're not looking for it anyway. If you can live with the current T.Fort's interiors (bit of a dealbreaker for me, am afraid!) why worry that the new one may be blingier? It will come at a price and you may or may not like it.

Go for it. The time is NOW!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 00:01   #21
BHPian

Looks like after my vote, the fortunes have turned towards the Classy T-Fort!
Now your poll results are just over 50% in favor of the current gen T-Fort.

Dkaile, mate, if you remember your post on the Fortuner Review Thread: you had announced that finally you had booked one. Let me reiterate my erstwhile response to your post.
After lusting over the T-Fort all this while, to the point when you actually get to own one - that's your waiting period my friend! And I'm sure that wait must be one hard to forget..

A bird in hand is better than two in the bush.

The next gen T-Fort sure is a looker, but as Guderian, Noopster, Manuuj Bhai and lot more; have said about the classy T-fort: nothing beats old school!
IMHO, I find the next-gen Fort sporting a lot of Bling - looses its aggressive front look.

Plus who knows what will be lead time, until delivery, to own one? The revised cost factor may not make you happy too.
On the gadgets front, I'm sure one can get all the Sat-Nav & Funky bluetooth HUs as aftermarket fitments.

The choice is clear !

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 2nd August 2011 at 00:03.
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the current one. Has more character.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 20:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone for participating in the poll and for giving their earnest views. It has been a very close fight in the poll too with the Face-Lifted one edging the current one by a whisker. Maybe it will still change, as every few hours I find the result keep fluctuating.

I have chosen the Current Classic Fortuner over the face-lifted one as rightly said a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush. As today I have been given a re-scheduled delivery date of 11th August, so I am no mood to wait 6+ months when the vehicle of my choice is available in the next few days. By all indications it will not be before first quarter 2012 that the new one will launch. It does have it pluses but except the sobered front end (controversial), ICE, powered seats and hid's nothing much that I am excited about.

So the Classic it will be.... Wish me luck...

PS- If someone can tell me how to run the USB/Aux In with the stock stereo with high quality audio (FM Transmitter or something better), I would be most obliged. [Edit: I found something like this; Is this OK or is there a better alternative - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2453362 ]

Last edited by dkaile : 2nd August 2011 at 21:07.
Old 2nd August 2011, 21:07   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Go for the current Fortuner. Don't worry about resale value. Toyota's hold there value to insane levels. You will still find Qualis and old Innovas going for extremely high prices in the used car market. So be assured that your fortuner will hold its value, new or old!
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 21:40   #25
r2i

At Gurgaon, I put in booking for a grey TFort during Feb this year when the wait period was 3 for non-white and 4 for white. I decided to change the colour to White March end. So was put on back of queue and wait started. In between Toyota slowed/curtailed production and finally after a good 5 months I'll get the delivery in next few weeks this August.
Personally for me - there's no grill and ICE that Toyota can put for which I'm ready to go through this all over again and that too after "Official" announcement comes and they open bookings and a mad scramble starts all over.
End of the day the heart and soul of this beast is still the same and I'd keeping it till people forget what 4 generations ago this car looked like
Old 2nd August 2011, 21:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

Well in such cases the opinion will vary from person to person. There is no doubt that a new version/variant is better than outgoing gen in terms of technical specs.

I can give you an example which will clear your doubt. Recently there were rumors that a face lifted ANHC is making its way this Diwali. Now many people delayed their car purchase as they want the latest car. But many people are buying the car irrespective of whether a new version will come or not. My brother in law bought ANHC last month even when there are rumors about the facelift.

My vote here will go to current T fort as it looks much sophisticated than the face lifted one.

Last edited by bluevolt : 2nd August 2011 at 21:51.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 03:33   #27
BHPian

If I was you I would definitely wait for the new one!

Its not a cheap car by any means and I am sure this investment would mean a lot to you. The feeling of seeing the new one on the road just few months after you get the current one would be very sad.

The current Tfort is quite old now. I've driven it in Thailand many years before it was launched here. A facelift was definitely needed!
I'm hoping that they will launch the new one by Autoexpo 2012.

But in the end I think your heart has ruled over your mind. I say all the best with your Tfort purchase and hope to see the ownership experience soon!

Last edited by goingout : 3rd August 2011 at 03:39.
Old 3rd August 2011, 18:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I would prefer the Faclift but not this Facelift. I would probably wait for the next facelift in 2014/2015 . Let us hope at least the 2015 Fortuner will carry Butch and Macho looks
Old 3rd August 2011, 18:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

The facelift looks better. The lower grill reminds me of Vento

And have they changed the brakes. There was a common feel that brakes were not the brightest part of Fortuner.
Old 3rd August 2011, 19:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Hi,

I would prefer the Faclift but not this Facelift. I would probably wait for the next facelift in 2014/2015 . Let us hope at least the 2015 Fortuner will carry Butch and Macho looks
2014 is the expected date of the Next Generation Fortuner & Innova when these vehicles will be totally revamped. Till that only minor facelifts will be available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
The facelift looks better. The lower grill reminds me of Vento

And have they changed the brakes. There was a common feel that brakes were not the brightest part of Fortuner.
The Brakes are still the same. Discs up front and Drums behind, though they have already upgraded the front discs.
Now is looking like a Vento a good thing? Though I too like the Pradoish front end but its not a deal breaker/maker. And to wait for 6-8 months (without any guarantees for that either) is just not my cup of tea when the current one has been offered immediately.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks