New Face Lifted Fortuner 31 46.27%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2011, 22:34   #31
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner

Hi,
Attended the bootbcamp met a senior executive from Toyota. New fortuner auto and manual to be launched in Jan 2012.
rahultomahawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 22:47   #32
BHPian

Voted for the old gen fortuner. IMHO the older version seems to be more butch and somehow prefer the interiors in the older one.

Besides can you really hold on for 6 months more even assuming a Jan Launch and Feb Delivery?
Old 3rd August 2011, 23:08   #33
BHPian

Hi Dkaile!
Congrats!

Now lets put into perspective : -

if you do wait for the next gen T-Fort, which presumably launches - let say Jan 2012, thats about 5 months from now, and going by the past history of T-Fort deliveries, let say you would get hold of that car minimum within 3 months, would you wait for another 8 odd months?

Wise choice then

Good luck and enjoy the car - trust me, its worth every rupee you pay for it!
I've started to respect my T-Fort even more ever since I attended the Boot camp http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ml#post2452575
The car sort of gives you the assurance that its made of valour & steel!

You'll know what I mean - wait till you get hold of your own
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 07:58   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahultomahawk View Post
Hi,
Attended the bootbcamp met a senior executive from Toyota. New fortuner auto and manual to be launched in Jan 2012.
Thanks rahultomahawk; I think I saw your beast on the TForts Facebook page - Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More Now is that yours? A gorgeous vehicle at that; Still takes away the breath at this age. That is the beauty of a Toyota, that it ages very well...
Old 4th August 2011, 09:04   #35
BHPian

Hi dkaile,
Yes , I was there at the Boot camp, It was kind of the Autocar and Toyota Guys to allow me to participate.
"FREE SPIRIT" did all the obstacles with ease , The Fortuners would have done the course more easily if all of them had proper tyres .
I am sure you will enjoy the car .Best of luck for the same.
I am also planing to buy a Fortuner in future, waiting for my Bank balance to go up.
Old 4th August 2011, 13:14   #36
BHPian

If I go by the pics then the current one looks more macho than the facelifted one but again this is my personal opnion.
Old 4th August 2011, 20:47   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

The only criteria should be based on the looks here. If you like the "new" Fortuner looks, wait for it. If you like the current one, grab it.

The major changes / updates I would have loved to see in the new Fortuner are

1. Rear disc brakes
2. Better interiors
3. Tuning the ride for better comfort.

Since the new Fortuner doesn't cover any of these to a good extent, I don't find a reason why should one wait for the new one.

4. I find the alloy wheels of current one better
5. I like the OVRM with indicators in the new one more [I really don't like the chrome ones much]
6. Guess I like the new grill on a black Fortuner, if I choose a white, current one looks better
7. All the inclusions they have for equipment level, can be done aftermarket cheaper as well, so why should I choose a new one?
8. The new interiors with blue trim looks good initially, but the current wood color goes better with the beige interiors is what I feel.

While everyone praises the HID inclusion, its got lesser life compared to normal halogens & quite expensive to replace the bulbs as well is my experience. [I guess this can also be done since the headlamps have a projector set up in the current Fortuner. I guess you will get a 3 month warranty on a Philips HID kit too, so if your bulb conks off, you can get a replacement, free of cost].

The first thing I will do if I bought a Fortuner will be to replace the ICE, try to integrate a rear cam / navigation to it - so why wait for a new one?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th August 2011 at 20:53.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 10:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

It all boils down to the fact of whether the Macho looks are preferred or better equipment is preferred.

Secondly, with the new model coming in, Parts for the old model may not be available. I had a bad experience with my Santro. A Truck hit me from behind and the damages were in the tune of 1.1 lacs. Even after paying this i did not get proper parts for the santro. My Limited editon had a handle on the boot door (Inner Handle) that was missing in the replacement door. My front power window switch got stuck and believe me no Hyundai dealer was ready to order it and finally after lot of pestering HMP Chennai managed to source it from Korea. guess what it costed me five weeks and Rs 2000/- time with labor charges.

If this can happen for a santro whose numbers are much more than a Fortuner, I am paranoid that if i but the current fortuner it may run out of spares in a few years.

Current Model Pros
Macho Looks
Classic Model
Looks much better than the Facelifted model
Proven Model

Current model Cons
Spares and Parts may be a problem
May loose resale if a facelift is launched

Facelift Model Pros
Better Equipment
More Power
Refreshed / Newer model (by books)
Automatic MAY be offered
Will definetly contain some more gadgetry (Comparing Classic and Facelift Innova)

Facelift model Cons
Not Macho Looking
Too Soft an SUV
No Rear Disc brakes.

My Opinion is that If you prefer Looks over Features, Go in for the curret Version. If you prefer features over looks, wait for the Facelift version.

I personally prefer features more than Looks. I wold wait for the facelifted Fortuner.
Old 5th August 2011, 16:16   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

If this can happen for a santro whose numbers are much more than a Fortuner, I am paranoid that if i but the current fortuner it may run out of spares in a few years.

Current Model Pros
Macho Looks
Classic Model
Looks much better than the Facelifted model
Proven Model

Current model Cons
Spares and Parts may be a problem
May loose resale if a facelift is launched
That will NOT be a problem with Toyota .I have a 2003 Qualis that has done over 1,80,000 kms. and each and every part is available readily at the stores in the ASC.

Even seemingly insignificant parts like Gear Lever Boot (a rubber part) that needs to be changed once every 3-4 years (if it tears) is easily available. The Fortuner that we now refer to as the Classic Fortuner and the Facelifted Fortuner share a lot of Body Panels. All mechanicals are the same. I doubt very much that Spares availabilty shall ever be an issue.
Manuuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 17:08   #40
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
That will NOT be a problem with Toyota .

All mechanicals are the same. I doubt very much that Spares availabilty shall ever be an issue.
+1 to this.

Toyota did not have a problem with my 2004 Corolla, when i wanted the plastic on the RVM to be replaced. They could even get me the "baby" part.
Old 6th August 2011, 21:43   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

My vote goes for current model. As some others have pointed. Just needed better interiors & rear disc brakes.
Old 9th August 2011, 15:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

Going to pick up the Classic Fortuner (Silver) tomorrow; They forced me to buy Toyota Insurance (additional 15K gone) but convinced me saying trouble free cashless claims at all Toyota branches in India. OTR - 20,34,010 + 55248 Toyota Insurance + 50788 Road Tax = 21,40,046/-

PDI checklist in hand. Any other advice?

Wish me luck and standby for photos/ownership thread...
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 15:53   #43
BHPian

Good luck mate

Congratulations for your new car!
Now's your time to notice the difference between: Living the Dream & making your dream come true..

cheers
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 11:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

I am thankful from my heart for all my friends at TBhp who helped me in this decision.

Someone wants to say Hi to all of you...

Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner-fortuner-rear-tail-taillight-r.jpg

Drove it 200kms from the delivery site to my home.

3 words... WHAT A CAR!! More to follow.
Old 11th August 2011, 12:06   #45
Senior - BHPian

Lovely, congratulations on a fantastic buy, I am glad that you did not decide to wait for the new one as in my opinion there isn't anything in the new one which is make/break deal.

"Forced me to", could not understand. How come Toyota can force you to take their recommended insurance. It must be some value proposition that made the tilt

Awaiting the ownership thread to start soon.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks