Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

View Poll Results: Brand New Yeti or Well Kept Used Tucson?
Brand New Yeti Elegance 75 71.43%
Very Well Kept Used Hyundai Tucson 30 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2011, 07:45   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?

Congratulations, was not glued to the thread. Yesterday someone @ office asked about Yeti (as he knows i am on TBHP) hence came back to this thread.

We need a ownership thread, there are hardly any Yeti ownership threads on the forum for prospective buyers to read and get convinced that this is the car they want to buy.

How has the Skoda experience been so far?
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:25   #227
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Thanks a lot! It is a wonderful vehicle.
The dealer that I went to has also been most helpful throughout. One also would do well to cultivate a little patience and charm while dealing with people in general and I guess, in some sense, this approach has worked for me across different dealerships.
I have been enjoying my Yeti for the last 3 weeks and am happy I bought it. It is streets above my earlier vehicle, the Scorpio and I think if one is mature enough to realize that size per se is not everything and that quality, fit, finish and finesse wins every time, then one will be happy with a Yeti vis a vis, say, an XUV. It also helps if the primary users are a small family.
All in all, a great buy, in my book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Congratulations, was not glued to the thread. Yesterday someone @ office asked about Yeti (as he knows i am on TBHP) hence came back to this thread.

We need a ownership thread, there are hardly any Yeti ownership threads on the forum for prospective buyers to read and get convinced that this is the car they want to buy.

How has the Skoda experience been so far?
Old 24th December 2011, 15:28   #228
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I just added a couple of small extra fittings to the Yeti.

2 exhaust tail pipe extender tips in chrome alloy metal for the twin exhaust pipes.
4 little door protector rub strips in a nice muted silver grey shade.

These blend in nicely with the overall scheme of relative anonymity and subtle elegance that the vehicle symbolizes (at least in my mind).
Attached Thumbnails
What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-24122011718.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-24122011719.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-24122011720.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-24122011721.jpg  

What to do? Brand New Yeti Elegance or Beautifully kept used Tucson?-24122011722.jpg  

Old 24th December 2011, 20:35   #229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I just added a couple of small extra fittings to the Yeti.

2 exhaust tail pipe extender tips in chrome alloy metal for the twin exhaust pipes.
4 little door protector rub strips in a nice muted silver grey shade.

These blend in nicely with the overall scheme of relative anonymity and subtle elegance that the vehicle symbolizes (at least in my mind).
Good additions Shankar - especially the chrome exhaust pipes. Subtle additions, but adds a lot to the overall looks.
Old 25th December 2011, 16:54   #230
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi Shankar,

Request to create a new review thread; it'll greatly help others. Am closing this "What Car?" thread as the vehicle has already been decided.

Thanks
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed