Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2006, 20:04   #1
BHPian

Looking for Tata Sierra 4*4

Hi

Thank's for the responce to my last thread . Finally i have decided to buy a Tata Sierra if possible a 4*4 at lease the Terbo model. Please guide me where in Delhi can I find a good sierra and what all things should i concider while buying a used sierra. What price should i expect and what is the mentainance cost of the vehicle?? Any owners please share your experience .

Last edited by bhogalrajnish : 1st March 2006 at 20:05.
Old 2nd March 2006, 11:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Dude, if u can....AVOID this car at all costs. the sierra dates back to te time when quality control was an alien concept to TATA and they were at the very bottom of their learning curve.

The car is very very crude and truck like to drive (I am talking of the Turbo). Plus, it is plagued with problems relating to the electrics, turbo plumbing and tyre wear.

The only thing good in the car is the suspension and the space inside...however, being a two door makes it a bit impractical.

you would be better of buying a used sorpio for some more money
Old 2nd March 2006, 11:30   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Sierra 4x4 was a limited production run, with most cars either exported or being sold within the Tata employees itself. It will be next to impossible to find a used 4x4 Sierra.

However, Turbo Sierras with regular 4x2 drivetrain are plenty available in the used market. I really would not recommend a buy of either, due to the numerous quality control issues and subsequent problems.

GTO
Old 2nd March 2006, 11:45   #4
BANNED

My uncle used to have a Sierra 4X4 many years ago. It had lots of problems and was pretty useless off the road because it was too heavy and things kept breaking (it only looks rugged). Eventually he sold it in disgust.

I would definitely not recommend the car.
Old 2nd March 2006, 11:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Today, a Tata Sierra is a Definite NO-NO!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks