Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2006, 19:26   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Innova G2 has power windows, and I dont intend sitting in middle, only driver or the shotgun seat. Since I dont need 4WD, DICOR is also within budget.

I am actually looking for the car which puts minimum strain on shoulder and neck muscles
I dont think innova G2 is available anymore.the innova G1 should come within your buget and is a good vehicle

Last edited by tsreekaranrao : 9th March 2006 at 19:28.
Old 9th March 2006, 20:04   #17
BHPian

Quote:
I sat in my cousins scorpio crde, and my feet were touching the dash. With seat fully back they were very very near the dash with hardly any legroom in the middle. So unless M&M do something about the interior space its not going to be on my list!
As for comfort to drive I am looking at the angle of egronomics. Vehicle size is least of my worries
man - you got really long legs

strangely, i am 6 ft myself and though scorpio is cramped for space compared to an innova, i didnt feel my legs touching the dash - or maybe i got diff sitting posture ??
Old 9th March 2006, 20:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
I dont think he was joking. Tatas are not promoting Fiat's diesels, nor are they promoting Petras. Atleast, Tata showrooms in Bangalore are not. I have no idea about showrooms at Chandigarh.
It makes quite a lot of sense for TATA to not promote Fiat Diesels. I mean c'mon, why would TATA want to cannibalise their own products, by promoting Fiat Diesels.

TATA's don't have much presence in the petrol segment (XETA has just been launched and is still less popular than the diesel ones) and so it makes sense to promote Fiat's petrols..
Old 9th March 2006, 21:59   #19
Team-BHP Support

I am 6 feet 2inches. I had to put the seat fully back and with that the rear passengers got squeezed.
Old 9th March 2006, 23:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

guys,

how will the tavera fare out here ? except for not handling TSk's height !
Old 9th March 2006, 23:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Elantra is one car which I liked, but will most probably be 9.8L on road at best and that puts it above my budget.
TSK.... Hyundai has further realligned prices post the budget (they seem to have worked their customs rebate+ cash discount into the invoice price itself - thereby also bringing down the tax and insurance components).. the Elantra CRDi is 9.2lacs ex showroom... Given the regn costs in Delhi this will mean Elantra can be yours for 9.5 OTR will full leather trim + all the bells and whistles. A stretch may well be worth it!
Old 9th March 2006, 23:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

I think out of the cars you have listed the Innova will fit the bill well. But the TDCi would also be good.

If you can wait for some while then the Diesel powered Marutis would be comming.
Old 10th March 2006, 09:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

You can check the specifications of various innova nodels on this link http://www.toyotabharat.com/showroom/innova/specs.html
Old 10th March 2006, 10:33   #24
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the inputs. If there is no getz crdi from hyundai till june/july, I will go for the elantra. With Innova G2 not being made anymore, and the G4 costs almost as much as the elantra, it remains the logical choice
Old 10th March 2006, 10:58   #25
BHPian

tsk - on second thoughts, I think ergonomics & ease of use can also be a very user-dependant view, just like looks are.

In my case, I find the santro much more 'ergonomic" compared to a wagon-r - both of which are great cars, but somehow I am just not comfortable driving a wagon-r. And the reasons are very specific to me - angle of sitting, shape of back-rest, steering position, dash etc ....

Same for the palio - I find its roof quite low for comfort, while many 6-footers are ok with it.

It would be best if you (or the person who wants these ergonomics) could try out all these options yourself, on an extended drive and then decide which one suits you.

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 10th March 2006 at 10:59.
Old 10th March 2006, 11:23   #26
Team-BHP Support

Agree with you. Based on this only I ruled out Tata. they are hard on shoulder and neck. Not a problem in normal conditions but yes if you have a problem.
Innova, Elantra, Getz offer great egronomics, but I want to know that do things deteriorate after use. For example does the gearshift become hard, and the seats loose support etc., etc.,
Old 10th March 2006, 11:28   #27
BHPian

I dont think there are any long-term innovas around to give that sort of feedback, maybe a few getz or an elantra.
Old 10th March 2006, 11:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

why dont you buzz shan he had a long trip or two in his VVTied car
Old 10th March 2006, 12:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Safari : Dont know about egronomics in the DICOR. Is gearshift smooth(hard to believe in a tata) is steering light

Try it. I thought the ergonomics of the Dicor were spot on...the seats are superb, steering position is just right (I dnt have long legs like you, though). As for the gear lever position - I dont think you will find any car comfortable as it looks like you push the seats all the way back. Obviously you will then have to REACH for the levers. Perhaps you could try increasing the seat height to max, which will allow you to sit a bit closer to the steering.

The clutch on the Safari is on the heavier side - you have been warned.

You really should try the Tavera - it isnt as bad a vehicle as people make it seem. The top-end variants look quite good, too. There's plenty of space and it offers a full-flat loading area with the seats tipping over brilliantly.
Old 10th March 2006, 13:04   #30
Team-BHP Support

In case of long reach if the gear lever does not need excess force(like the indigo and indica gear levers do) it should be okay. I will check out the DICOR too.
But then you never know what all is in the market by June July!

Most Viewed