Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2006, 15:47   #1
BHPian

Gypsy Help Wanted

Hello

This site is really useful and as others me too would require some help from u great ppl.

I am planning to buy a used gypsy as i have to go to forets for my botany works.

Gypsy cars in mumbai are not sold at realistic proices so i would be haapy if somone of u has a car to sell witha realistic price

Secondly and Importantly i have been offered a 93 1 owner gypsy at 55k. So few queries

1 Can i fit a Lpg for city driving and will it give me good mileage

2 If i convert into hard top with Ac and Lpg will it really kill my pick up

3 If i redo the body work as Gypsyies tend to rust how long would it hold

4 What can i do with seats so that i dont get a stiff back

5 Can i do something with rear susp like add a shock abso with extra bushing to reduce the bump

6 Should i invest 1.4 (belive it) ina used gypy king 97

Please help me quickly

Thank you
Old 10th March 2006, 18:27   #2
BANNED

1. Not sure about LPG

2. Hardtop makes the car top heavier - affects the stability at high speeds, but not such a big deal if you put bigger tyres

A/C does significantly affect the pickup and mileage, but its needed in the city. Expect 7-8 kmpl in rush hour with the A/C on.

3. Not sure.

4. You can get better seats put in.

5. You can't do anything about the rear suspension except make sure you're not the one sitting in the back.

6. We sold our 95 Gypsy King (55,000 kms done) Soft Top with A/C and bigger radials last year for 1.24 lakhs.

Hope this helps.
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
Old 11th March 2006, 14:33   #3
BHPian

Hi shiva

Thanks for your reply. Your gypsy description even i would have taken it for 5k more. Dont mind taking it fro a customer direct but intermittent dealers screw up the deal. Thanks for ur advice. If u have a gypsy in sight pls inform me. Thank you once again for ur time
Old 3rd December 2007, 11:14   #4

did you buy the gypsy you wanted? do you have any leads for me? even I am interested in buying a gypsy king. Let me know if you here of a good deal. Thanks
Jeetendra
Old 3rd December 2007, 11:43   #5
BHPian

Boom Siva,
Dont just jump into conclusion while buying a Gypsy. Most of the vehicles which I have seen are tortured and abused to the core and are passed off to enthusiasts which i have experinced while buying my Gypsy. Advice you to take care while buying else you tend to spend fixing the issues sitting in the garage and scouting for spares.Advice you to take help from fellow BHPians who are helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks