Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2012, 21:10   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Pajero BS III or IV EDIT - Bought BS III

I have driven various SUV's and to date the Pajero has only been bettered by a few vehicles. The Land Cruiser is king of the off road segment, the Nissan Patrol and maybe the Land Rover/Range Rover ( i say this because I have heard the joke of how you go into the jungle with a land rover but come out with a land cruiser).

If the pricing is affordable for you, go with the BSIII Pajero. Only be careful of filling up the diesel in Bangalore too much.
Old 17th February 2012, 22:45   #47
BHPian

I have owned the Landcruiser, X5, Endy and now drive the Nissan Xtrail since two years. It is a spectacularly capable vehicle and I love it - the power to weight ratio is perfect, the power delivery is smooth and torquey, the ride quality is awesome... I could go on. Yes, it may look a little quirky, but it is a great SUV to own.
Old 18th February 2012, 10:25   #48
BHPian

The land cruiser has become too large and too expensive for anybody to use seriously as an adventure/expedition vehicle. The same is also true for the Range Rover. Despite their off road ability, both are now the SUV equivalents of the S class.
Old 18th February 2012, 19:12   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
The land cruiser has become too large and too expensive for anybody to use seriously as an adventure/expedition vehicle. The same is also true for the Range Rover. Despite their off road ability, both are now the SUV equivalents of the S class.
Harbir, you're spot on. It's important for a SUV owner to find the sweet spot that combines looks, capability, cost-of-ownership. Having owned enough 'butch' SUVs, I now know what a truly excellent all-round SUV the X-trail is...
Old 19th February 2012, 09:02   #50
BHPian

I would happily buy an X-Trail but for the inviolability of my demand for low range. While soft roaders like the X-trail and the Freelander demonstrate the ability to make it through some of the most incredible conditions and low range is superfluous 99% of the times, I HAVE encountered conditions that were impassable without low range.

My 4x4 MUST have low range.
Harbir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 07:18   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
Finally, booking is done for Dual Tone (Carbon: Black & White) through my company lease & PO is also sent to the dealer. Will take the delivery sometime end Jan or Feb. Will keep you posted rest of the happenings once I have the Paj!
Hi Mahesh,
Did you take the delivery of the Pajero? Please share some pics of the beauty and also your buying and ownership experience.
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:53   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhkris View Post
Hi Mahesh,
Did you take the delivery of the Pajero? Please share some pics of the beauty and also your buying and ownership experience.
Yes - I picked up the Paj and here is the thread on my buying and initial ownership experience along with some pics!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...hi-pajero.html
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:09   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
If the pricing is affordable for you, go with the BSIII Pajero. Only be careful of filling up the diesel in Bangalore too much.
Thanks pganapathy. Could you pls. throw some more light on filling diesel in Bangalore for my Paj BS III? Will it cause any major issues if I fill BS IV diesel in BS IV vehicle?
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:43   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
Thanks pganapathy. Could you pls. throw some more light on filling diesel in Bangalore for my Paj BS III? Will it cause any major issues if I fill BS IV diesel in BS IV vehicle?
As I understand it, BSIV diesel has less sulphur in it, which is a lubricant for the diesel engine. However, since all they seem to have done is de-tune the engine to meet BSIV norms, even a BSIV engine may suffer the same issues. I request the members who know about things like this to contribute here. I may be wrong on this.

Anyway, since you are registering the car in a non metro area, I assume you will occasionally travel out of Bangalore and so will fill up with BSIII diesel anyway.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 14:38   #55
BHPian

Moda - can this thread be merged with another thread I created?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...hi-pajero.html
maheshramaling is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2012, 18:54   #56
BHPian

Re: Pajero BS III or IV EDIT - Bought BS III

I went to the mitsubishi dealer today to get an evaluation of my civic as a trade in. I wasn't remotely satisfied with the offer, which was close to half of what I was expecting, but I did look over the SFX again.

I remain absolutely besotted with the vehicle, but my concern about its lack of legroom for a long legged 6'3" tall driver with size 12 shoes looms large over my plans to buy this vehicle.
Old 10th June 2012, 18:07   #57
Senior - BHPian

Can any Pajero owners tell me what security system that have put in place in their Pajeros, considering it has no immobilizer? I am considering a used Pajero, however, very concern at the stories of Pajero theft all around. I know, one can use the traditional umbrella lock, but that is even not full proof.
Old 11th September 2012, 17:11   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Can any Pajero owners tell me what security system that have put in place in their Pajeros, considering it has no immobilizer? I am considering a used Pajero, however, very concern at the stories of Pajero theft all around. I know, one can use the traditional umbrella lock, but that is even not full proof.
Gear shift lock is the best solution and I have just recently fitted after following up with Xenos for good 3 - 4 months.
Old 17th September 2012, 11:49   #59
BHPian

Have you considered the Nissan Xtrail? I have been using one since 2009 and just love it. Prior to this, I have owned the X5, Landcruiser, Endeavour... and i can tell you that the Xtrail is the perfect blend of power, comfort, ownership cost and build quality.
Old 17th September 2012, 11:56   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varaman View Post
Have you considered the Nissan Xtrail?
Yes - I did but showroom fellows never got the vehicle for test drive. If they are not bothered - why should I when I have found Paj suiting all of my requirements.

Most Viewed