Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 17:42   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: An MUV for commercial use

I think frankly that in this particular case the Sumo is likely to be more comfy than the Bolero.
Else, hunt up an used Innova. Nothing to beat that as a good people mover.
Dont discount used Xylos either - also a great vehicle in terms of comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
One of my friends got a contract from a cellular provider to operate a MUV for transportation of their engineers from office to sites. Mostly the vehicle will be used in rural roads. The expected KMs per month is around 3500 to 4000 KMs. He is looking for a MUV with basic features like AC and power streeing, reliable, easy to maintain and give good mileage. He is expecting the vehicle to be driven atleast 2lakhs KMs.

He will be given Rs30000.00 for 3000KMs assured revenue, Rs9 per KM after the first 3000KMs per month. In addition to that he will get additional Rs 350.00 per night/holiday call. He is expecting at least 10 night/holiday call per month.

The budget is around Rs 6 lakhs. The MUVs under his search radar were Tavera, Sumo and Bolero. After getting the quote, Tavera was striked out. So it will be between Bolero and Sumo and he is inclining more to Bolero. Reason being more reliability, less maintenance and better resale.

He has been working as a driver till now and this is his first entrepreneur step. I think he has taken a logical selection regarding the vehicle and I thought of sharing it with T-BHPs for any suggestions.
Old 9th June 2013, 20:11   #17
BHPian

An update - He eventually bought Bolero m2DiCR and quite happy with its performance. It covers all the rural roads with ease and consistently gives a mileage above 12kmpl with 100%AC. Covered 46K KMs and no break downs yet.
Old 18th August 2013, 13:56   #18
BHPian

A year old thread.

Good decision.

Whatever you do, pls stay away from the Rhino. My office owns one and I have personally driven if for a couple of days. Low mileage (9kms in the highways). I dont think your per km running cost will not tally with the fuel bills.

Go for the Bolero.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks