Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2006, 18:21   #1

Should I buy a Bolero Sportz ?

Hi Everybody,

This is my first post. And a Great forum this is.
I am planning to buy a 4 wheeler.

I have my mind set on the Bolero or the Indica.

I liek the Bolero Sportz for its looks.
But too many things about the vehicle are letting me down

1. It appears to me that the Bolero will be phased out soon as I see too few boleros on the road (I see more Premier padminis than Boleros) and mahindra seems to be completely ignoring the Bolero making only fractional increments on the Model.

2. The build of the vehicle is good but the interiors are a big big let down. Okay i can get used to the ugly dash , but the seats feel like truck seats. The gear shift looks like something from a rural transport vehicle...and the doors, they feel unusually light!!!!

3. I hear that Mahindras after sales service is very bad

4. The vehicle seems to age prematurely. Most Boleros i see on the road look older than they really are.

5. Also I have noticed that most boleros after a while appear to slant to one side. Even on a plain road when all other vehicles stand upright, this vehicle seems to slant for no reason. STRANGE!!!

I really realy like the vehicle as an idea but there are too many things that are not OK with teh vehicle. Pictures of the Inspira and the Commando had my hopes up .. but they are modified versions. Mahindra DOES not seem to have any plans of giving India a sporty looking UV.

So tell me if i should really buy the Bolero ignoring all these points or simply pick up the Indica.

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Kiran
http://www.kiranc.com/
Old 23rd March 2006, 18:32   #2
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Kiran !!

Buy Bsmotoring March Issue ... check out the stuff they've written bout the Special edition SCORPIO / INVADER and another Mahindra model. All these Mods are carried out by M&M themselves so your warranty doesn't lapse. I'll try to SCAN the pics in the mean while
Old 23rd March 2006, 18:44   #3
BHPian

bolero is certainly not a vehicle where a family is concerned.
it is best used when only tough people are using it, for it doesnot provides any comfort or luxury.

it looks very much dated and out of sync of current generation of vehicles.

either go for that indica or better still try going for Scorpio. it'll give you that macho feel of boleros and the comfort and luxury of a modern day car. also looks are many generations ahead of boleros.

bolero can be considered only if you regularly visits rural areas where there are no roads and one doesnot expects any other kind of vehicle to travel on those roads.
for such unpaved 'roads' boleros are the best bet. but in city, they are a pain in neck and everywhere.

so look elsewhere and not at that bolero-sport.
small cosmetic changes alongwith giving it a catchy name doesnot gives it the character it needs. Scorpio is quite better than bolero in almost every aspect.

Last edited by revharder : 23rd March 2006 at 18:46.
Old 24th March 2006, 10:57   #4

Thanks aza and revharder.
I agree Bolero is quite out of date as far as urban environs are concerned. And I intend to keep the vehicle for a long time. So I guess Bolero is not the one for me.
I bought the march issue of Bsmotoring, they have an article on the customized vehicles. But it still is the same Bolero underneath all that jazz.
Old 24th March 2006, 11:05   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranc
So tell me if i should really buy the Bolero ignoring all these points or simply pick up the Indica.
I'd say you've answered your question yourself. You don't seem to have any issues with the Indica.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks