Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2012, 23:00   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari or Tata Aria? A Dilemma!

Please have a look at the below thread before making a decision. A BHPian got two lemon Arias .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ership-15.html
Old 25th February 2012, 09:48   #17
BHPian

i think there are too many unknown variables with ARIA, Safari is a known devil.
Old 25th February 2012, 13:47   #18
BHPian

Go for the Aria. With the current discounts, it sure is a winner. I say this after reading

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tata-aria.html

and this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...interiors.html

Looks are subjective however have a look at the car in the rear view mirror and you would love it.

If you do not want the 4*4, go for the Prestige 4*2 which is 9.99lacs in Delhi.
Old 25th February 2012, 14:46   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrider View Post
Please have a look at the below thread before making a decision. A BHPian got two lemon Arias .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ership-15.html
Lemons are created by every manufacturer. its unfortunate and coincidental that he got two of them.but for these two we have like five excellent ownership reports of people who have had zero problems.

I see that thread being brought up everytime the aria is mentioned and i think we should give it a rest.sure the aria may have a few niggles here and there but as long as you do a proper PDi you wont have problems.
Old 25th February 2012, 15:41   #20
BHPian

As you intend to use the vehicle for cross country (long distance) travel, the head does automatically point towards the tried and tested Safari for such endurance runs. All technicalities apart, just the fact that most A.S.C. as well as road side mechanics would be well versed with the vehicle and there should be no issues with part supplies, etc. even in the remotest parts of the country.Further, the Safari has proven robustness to boot. Seating in the front and middle rows of both the vehicles should be comparable apart from the better ride quality expected from the crossover. 3rd rows are an absolute no-goes for long distance travel with the exception of Innova. That said, the Aria should easily better the 3rd row jump seats of the Safari.
From the looks department(which is anyways subjective) i feel the Safari is the best looking Tata car, that too, by a long shot. I love the looks of the Safari and the ARIA doesn't really hold a candle. Read a comment about how the Aria's road presence equals/surpasses that of a T-Fort and, with due respect, found it to be badly biased towards the former. Maybe i need to get my eyes checked, but often i mistake the Aria to be a Manza (from head-on as well as RVM view).
What goes for the ARIA is that you already had the Safari experience, and the ARIA (specially while inside it) will justify the upgrade with its much more premium feel and ride quality.
Old 25th February 2012, 15:54   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This one is a no-brainer; of course the Aria! It's a FIFTEEN year newer product, and the first UV from a contemporary Tata Motors. Remember, the Safari was designed & engineered when Tata really knew nothing about building cars.

In terms of engineering, the Aria is a far superior product. To me, the better road manners (handling especially), interiors and safety are reasons enough.
Old 28th February 2012, 01:49   #22

Team, i am an old Tata customer and have driven their Indicas and Safaris. I just bought a TATA Aria 4*2 Prestige, pearl white color and the experience is amazing. It's my second week with this new cross over and it's actually much better than the safari. I really couldn't believe that Tata's have done such a great work on the interiors. It's is much classier than any of the tata cars made so far. I am heading for a trip to Amritsar and will share my highway experiences with you. So far it seems to be VFM. Thanks.
nitzi17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 10:10   #23
BHPian

If you want best of both world rahul, wait for Merlin since it is build on ARIA chassis which would make the handling much better. Also the interiors are upgraded in the new Merlin which is important too. If you cannot wait, then at least bargain with the dealer on the Safari since it is expected to get cheaper since the merlin is coming soon.
Old 28th February 2012, 11:09   #24
BHPian

Obviously Aria. Its far superior product . And with the current discounts its a steal. The interiors safety and road manners of Aria is way ahead of Safari which only looks good . I am an eternal fan of safari but we have to give credit where it is due and look at it objectively. Safari is an elephant on road with not so great road manners and the safety is circumspect.

Aria is a great vehicle from TATA after they have understood the science of making cars and SUV/MUVs. So Aria. Thats it.
Old 28th February 2012, 11:47   #25
BHPian

Definitely take the Aria. Last Sunday I went for my Safari test drive and saw Aria at the showroom. Definitely stands out from Safari and the extra money will be well spent. Safari is an ageing model and better leave it for Storme to replace. Don't wait for the Storme, as I understand from the Bangalore dealer, that it is not due to hit the showrooms till year end (read Diwali may be).

Bangalore dealers are not offering the kind of discounts that are offered in Delhi. Go for Aria (4 x 2) and have a blast!!

Cheers
Old 7th March 2012, 01:06   #26

Aria is better not only between the two discussed here, but also is the best among a whole set of similarly priced competitors (after the discounts).

I have just taken the delivery of a silver Aria Pleasure 4X2 at INR12.15 OTR Noida. I did think of the Safari, and the fully loaded version of the Safari was very much within reach. But after driving the Safari at different dealerships and comparing the ride quality with that of the Aria, I chose the Aria.

Some may argue about the road presence of the Aria, and whether the staid facade is worth the money. But I assure you that he looks are classy, the interiors far better than what you would expect in a vehicle of Tata make, and the road presence sufficiently poised to make you comfortable on long journeys. I am really tempted not to wait for the running in: In fact, I am planning DEL-IDR-DEL from the 15th for an academic assignment, having convinced my wife that train tickets aren't available!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks