Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

View Poll Results: New Pajero Sport or New Toyota Fortuner?
New Pajero Sport 14 66.67%
New Toyota Fortuner 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2018, 22:31   #106
BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport or Toyota Fortuner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Pajero Sport is a more modern car and carries forward the legacy of the Pajero Mk2 which is the Indian Pajero SFX. It still has the very capable 4x4 system that the SFX has and all the creature comforts that are usually the norm now. The only thing the Sport misses is the oodles of low end torque that the SFX has.
drive fast. Go for the SFX if you have a mix highway and off road type of requirement.

It may however be difficult to get hands on a well maintained SFX. Production stopped in 2011 so its been 7 years now.
I drive a 2003 GLX which is a CBU / Import with 2.7L km on the Odo.
Handles like a hatch, built like a tank, moves like it is built for luxury.
Done some serious trails on it, and yet to develop a niggle.
Zero electronics, and amazing dynamics with perfect interior comfort.
I find even the latest Endy uncomfortable to drive after getting used to this beast.
The new Pajero is loaded except for the excruciatingly high price tag.
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 08:20   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed_X9 View Post
I find even the latest Endy uncomfortable to drive after getting used to this beast.
Could you please elaborate on the differences? I am planning a big jump to the new Endeavour from a 15 year old car. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

A little OT perhaps, but since they still apply to buyers of the Pajero SFX, passable, I suppose.
Old 7th July 2018, 08:48   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Could you please elaborate on the differences? I am planning a big jump to the new Endeavour from a 15 year old car. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

A little OT perhaps, but since they still apply to buyers of the Pajero SFX, passable, I suppose.
Let me first emphasise that this is an entirely personal opinion based on my experience. Though in every way advanced and currently specced with all creature comforts and ingenuinity, it is still an intensely personal choice.
1. Visibility levels from the cockpit of a Pajero are unmatched.
2. The seating ergonomics are perfect for all kinds of drives in a Pajero. For example the elbow rest levels are not the same! Shocking but true. Hope they have addressed it.
3. The electronics in the Endeavour really put me off, and for a person who mostly travels into uncharted territory it would be scary being unable to figure out what went wrong in case it does.
4. A Pajero is extremely mod friendly.
5. The reliability and sturdiness is stunning. Im yet to find a rust sign in my 15 yr old ride.
There are more little things that I still find amazing in a Pajero, despite the Endeavour being a latest and very capable machine.
Given an option, I will still choose the GLX/SFX (not the Pajero Sport) over all other vehicles.
Warm regards
Unavowed_X9

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th July 2018 at 20:07. Reason: See mod note
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 11:05   #109
Senior - BHPian

Just to add. The visibility levels are really good from an SFX. You can almost look down on the sides due to lower shoulder lines on the door. This is a must when you are parking or going off road since you can almost see the kerb. Looking out straight is a a pleasure as well as you can see both edges of the bonnet and that's a boon.

I have driven over 3000 kilometers from North India to South with family and never did we feel fatigued or tired. There was no need to get out and stretch even after extended drives of over 500 kms. The driving position is quite relaxed and you feel you can keep on driving all day.

One the flipside, you won't find any cubby holes to keep knick knacks or your sunshades neither will you find space to keep a water bottle in the door pads and the horn button is very oddly positioned.

But given a choice I would buy the SFX all over again.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 11:49   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Just to add. The visibility levels are really good from an SFX. You can almost look down on the sides due to lower shoulder lines on the door. This is a must when you are parking or going off road since you can almost see the kerb. Looking out straight is a a pleasure as well as you can see both edges of the bonnet and that's a boon.

I have driven over 3000 kilometers from North India to South with family and never did we feel fatigued or tired. There was no need to get out and stretch even after extended drives of over 500 kms. The driving position is quite relaxed and you feel you can keep on driving all day.

One the flipside, you won't find any cubby holes to keep knick knacks or your sunshades neither will you find space to keep a water bottle in the door pads and the horn button is very oddly positioned.

But given a choice I would buy the SFX all over again.
Totally agree.
To add, I have done numerous 1400 km / day trips and have remained fresh at each end of a drive ready for another 1400 km next day.
There has been a 7200 km trip over 14 days which is the most memorable crazy thing I have done so far!
The Paj is a supremely comfortable ride. Period!
The absence of cubby holes is a drawback, but technically I feel it is safer when it comes to flying debris during a drive, offroad trail or worst case situation like a crash.
The positioning of the horn button is something of a stroke of genius in my opinion, considering it prevents you from hinking often. ROFL!

Last edited by Unavowed_X9 : 7th July 2018 at 11:51.

Most Viewed