Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2006, 00:47   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow
Why dont you take a test drive of the new tata tl 4x4 and 4x2? Costs between 5.8lac and 7.5 lac (not ex showroom but on road, mumbai) and comes loaded with basics like
tubeless tires
power steering
tilt steering
a/c
bull bar and anti roll bar
4x4 option
single and dual cabs too
Getting this vehicle would have been a dream come true Pal if not for its pathetic test report which I happened to read about. The vehicle is "SIMPLY" over priced and struggled to touch a speed of 120km/hr. Now I ain't gonna complain about all of this, I would have overseen these facts had the vehicle been priced below 6L.
Old 4th April 2006, 11:32   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkiben
Honestly, that's great, thanks for reminding me about that good vehicle, but my concern is again "BAD ROADS", how well does Adventure handle such roads and what's the current cost??
Unless you are talking of pure offroading like rocks/streams etc (anything nahi karega!! ), this car should take on bad roads pretty well....on road its 6.4..in Bangalore (will be cheaper in other cities )...take a test drive and find out....would definitely be more value than the tata pickup...
Old 4th April 2006, 15:08   #18
BHPian

Get an Ambassador buddy - it can tackle any road, even no road at all.
It has already proven its excellence in last 50 years in India.
Old 4th April 2006, 16:37   #19

Akkiben,

I too dreamed of buying the Bolero. But I dropped the idea after considering it for a long time.

They are coming out with a BSIII version of Sportz and GLX.
check it out.

later this year M&M will be coming out with Ingenu, which will be placed one notch below scorpio.

Cheers
Old 5th April 2006, 01:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranc
Akkiben,

I too dreamed of buying the Bolero. But I dropped the idea after considering it for a long time.

They are coming out with a BSIII version of Sportz and GLX.
check it out.

later this year M&M will be coming out with Ingenu, which will be placed one notch below scorpio.

Cheers
Yes, I did read about this, lets see how it turns out to be.
Old 6th April 2006, 20:45   #21
BHPian

I would say go for the Bolero. I have been using the Bolero for the past 4.5Yrs. Never had any issues with it. It has done 130000 on the ODO still no signs of engine work. The pick up is the same, the A/C is the best. Even there is very less wear for the tyre. It came with the bridgestone tyres and i had to change it only after 60,000kms. Parts are cheap but then again certain parts take time to be delivered...Just go 4 it u will never regrett. I get a mileage of 11KMPL with the AC on in the city !!
Old 7th April 2006, 00:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango
I would say go for the Bolero. I have been using the Bolero for the past 4.5Yrs. Never had any issues with it. It has done 130000 on the ODO still no signs of engine work. The pick up is the same, the A/C is the best. Even there is very less wear for the tyre. It came with the bridgestone tyres and i had to change it only after 60,000kms. Parts are cheap but then again certain parts take time to be delivered...Just go 4 it u will never regrett. I get a mileage of 11KMPL with the AC on in the city !!
This is just what I wanted to hear and is very true of the AC, which is very effective(I tested the AC in Gulbarga, while taking a test drive).
The new DI Turbo engined Bolero is expected to deliver 14kmpl!! and less maintainance as told by Mahindra mechanics, I'm gonna go with the DI engined Bolero.
Old 7th April 2006, 23:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkiben
This is just what I wanted to hear and is very true of the AC, which is very effective(I tested the AC in Gulbarga, while taking a test drive).
The new DI Turbo engined Bolero is expected to deliver 14kmpl!! and less maintainance as told by Mahindra mechanics, I'm gonna go with the DI engined Bolero.
Just go for it, you will never regrett. Also u don't need to swith off the A/c when u climb a hill or something steep. Bolero behaves as if the A/C compressor has nothing to do with the engine !!
Old 9th April 2006, 16:51   #24
BHPian

Hi Akkiben,

I'm one like you who is tired of pathetic roads. And having same thoughts as of you; buying a Bolero. Considering limited budged, this seems the only viable option.

But as a kid, I've travelled a lot in old generation Mahindra jeeps and have participated in push start too... So as an indivual buyer, this still scares me to make an actual buying decision. Being IT guy, I frequestly go outstation keeping vehicle idle easity for 2-3 weeks. After 3 cold weeks I'm sure Bolero will start without fuss till it's new but will it ever after it turns a little older?

Anyways, I'm happy for you that you have made up mind. I would be eagerly waiting for your ownership review more so as an individual buyer.

Cheers...
Old 9th April 2006, 23:56   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nispatel
Hi Akkiben,

I'm one like you who is tired of pathetic roads. And having same thoughts as of you; buying a Bolero. Considering limited budged, this seems the only viable option.

But as a kid, I've travelled a lot in old generation Mahindra jeeps and have participated in push start too... So as an indivual buyer, this still scares me to make an actual buying decision. Being IT guy, I frequestly go outstation keeping vehicle idle easity for 2-3 weeks. After 3 cold weeks I'm sure Bolero will start without fuss till it's new but will it ever after it turns a little older?

Anyways, I'm happy for you that you have made up mind. I would be eagerly waiting for your ownership review more so as an individual buyer.

Cheers...
Good to hear that you are keen on this vehicle too. Though it may be a month or more before I get one. Jango over here, has been owning the Bolero for 4.5 years now, chech with to see if faces any issues in starting teh vehicle after being idle for long periods and I'm sure that won't be a problem.
Old 19th April 2006, 22:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hey dude ...the best bolero to go for is ..the bolero invader..it rocks..pretty small in size...will give u sexy looks..good enough engine..nd options of hard top/soft top...nd even 4 wheel drive...what more can anyone want..nd it costs around 4.20 ex showroom

Most Viewed