Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2006, 21:32   #31
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoraes
SLK, could you shed some more light on this. I too am looking to buy a SUV/MUV in a couple of months. From what I heard, it seemed like the Scorpio was easy to drive within the city especially when compared to the Safari.
Well, though I haven't driven Safari I think I can understand what you are trying to say.

Actually.. we currently own small Marutis... so are used to very light steering, decent gearshifts, light clutch... and perky engine response.
And Scorpio has none of the above!... so the size was not the concern but the physical effort involved in driving that thing.

Its ok if you are going for a drive!.. but its not acceptable if you are just traveling for work.
Old 4th July 2006, 23:40   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
Well, though I haven't driven Safari I think I can understand what you are trying to say.

Actually.. we currently own small Marutis... so are used to very light steering, decent gearshifts, light clutch... and perky engine response.
And Scorpio has none of the above!... so the size was not the concern but the physical effort involved in driving that thing.

Its ok if you are going for a drive!.. but its not acceptable if you are just traveling for work.
I agree with your observation however it has nothing to do with Scorpio but Petrol vs Diesal engine, D engines are not as smooth as petrol however Scorprio is very drivable in city compared to Safari
Old 1st August 2006, 19:08   #33
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Ok... this how it finally ... ends...

Bought a New Honda City ZX Exi ....

Even I haven't seen the car as yet.... I am OUT of town..
Old 2nd August 2006, 17:08   #34
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car SLK!
Enjoyy!!
Old 3rd August 2006, 07:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

Indian swift is totally different than international swift, in Maruti Swift website few ratings are misleading to customers, they have put up international ratings for indian swift, MUL always misguide public by making big time advertisement. Its very unfortunate that good comapnies in India won't create BIG effective advertisements, MUL main goal right now is concentrate on exterior looks and trying hard to give beige and soft interiors so customers get attracted very easily. They are getting forgot to develop peppy engines like old ZEN, all recent and new launches from maruti not coming with good engines but with good looks in and out.

Since swift is with heavy weight and built on solid platform it has quiet good saftey features but lacks luxury feel inside....

Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks