Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2006, 02:55   #1
BHPian

Urgent! Please help.

hey guys i want you all to help me out with this problem . i need to book a car tomorrow or by day after . the car is basically for rugged use like it will be driven around 60-100 kms a day . And it has to carry a load of say around 200-500 kgs everyday....and sometime i will have to put in around 1 tonne..(this will be very rare) . all this basically for stuff for which i already have this mahindraa bolero which carries a load of 1 to 1.5 tonne...but need another car for carrying the rest of the stuff which will usually be around 200-500 kgs daily . averagely it will be driven 80 kms a day . i used to have an indica before but that was not even v2 and i have had a real bad experience with that car but i remember having 1 tonne stuff transported in that car many a times without any problems and average i used to get was around 9-10 which i considered very good with the amount of load it used to carry . anyways i do not mind considering a petrol car but it should have real good average and i mostly might buy the v2 turbo coz i have heard alot of good stuff about that car but i trust tbhp more so expect you guys to help me out with this . i even wanted to know when the swift diesel is going to launch or any other diesel vehicle . should be not more than 6 lakhs on road .not too sure about alto because i dont think that car will be able to carry that much loadalso let me know what average you guys have been getting from your cars ..with general driving and not the mileage that magazines decide - want to know what fe you bhpians have been getting from the following cars -alto indica v2 turbozen
Old 3rd April 2006, 03:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

I guess the Indica Turbo v2 should be the ideal car for you.. Also there is no indication as of now for the swift diesel..
Old 3rd April 2006, 04:47   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

You could consider a new Sumo, 2nd hand Safari or 2nd hand Scorpio(top choice)....i think a petrol car wouldnt make much sense for your needs.....better to stick with a big engine diesel that will carry your load well and return reasonable avg too.

Last edited by Sahil : 3rd April 2006 at 04:50.
Old 3rd April 2006, 05:46   #4
BHPian

Hi buddy - Looks like you need a car for your rugged use also not burning a hole in your pocket and its obvious you should go for a diesel powered vehicle.
Palio D comes to my mind though Indica V2 is number one. This is because of your need to carry heavy stuffs..

Anyways.. Think I didnt confuse you.
Old 3rd April 2006, 11:18   #5
BHPian

sahil i already have a bolero and a scorpio slx bolero is used most of the time but when that goes for servicing then its the scorpio that has to do the job so i already have cars to carry the main stuff i just need a simple cool car not any suv i think i will have to go ahead with the indica v2 turbo let me know if i can go for any other by today pleasethanks
Old 3rd April 2006, 11:25   #6
cnu
BHPian

Why dont you consider Indigo Marina ? Its got much more space than an Indica.
Old 3rd April 2006, 12:26   #7
BHPian

because indica v2 turbo is more fe
Old 3rd April 2006, 12:50   #8
BHPian

.clap:

go for 207 Di, its diesel, good road presence, add little thicker tires and some chrome pipes and looks way better than nything else on the road. if u want 5 people 2 sit then go for the crew cab 207. it has a 3 litre engine and ample power
Old 3rd April 2006, 12:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingismylife
sahil i already have a bolero and a scorpio slx bolero is used most of the time but when that goes for servicing then its the scorpio that has to do the job so i already have cars to carry the main stuff i just need a simple cool car not any suv i think i will have to go ahead with the indica v2 turbo let me know if i can go for any other by today pleasethanks
Buddy, you dont need the Indica Turbo - you need the Indigo Marina. Bigger loading space means you can carry more stuff.

If you're looking ONLY at FE, why dont you go for a Tata Ace?
Old 3rd April 2006, 13:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

how do u expect to carry 1 tonne in a small car and also get good FE at teh same time ...assuming they are 5-seaters and also assuming u havbe very heavy people of say 100 kgs each ...these cars have a payload of 400-500kgs ....carrying such heavy loads willmean abusing the cars ..
u need something like a sumo ,or a scorpio ...

the tata ace should be the ideal choice as teh 207 is expensive
Old 3rd April 2006, 13:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

What about Fiat Palio 1.9D it has the ability to carry all that you want.
Old 3rd April 2006, 13:15   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya

the tata ace should be the ideal choice as teh 207 is expensive
tata 207 Di is almost 4.2 lacs on road and the 5 seater Crew cab is approx 5 on road. i think its way below ur budget of 6 lacs. all u need is 2 put up an AC unit and its as fresh as ny car with better road presence.
Old 3rd April 2006, 13:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

Go for either Indigo Marina or 207 Di
Old 3rd April 2006, 15:09   #14
Team-BHP Support

Dude... if you are looking at only FE and hence the Indica, well, let me begin with the FE part. I have a new Indica non-turbo, and I get at least 17 in city... The turbo should get you at least 15.5 in city.

Now that your query on FE part is over here is the rider. These cars are mere people carriers. If you start using them for ferrying load the abuse will bring down the FE in immediate run. Be assured about that. So I can tell you you won't get anything more than 11-12 even from the new car. Of course within a year or so the abuse will start telling in abnormal wear-tear and the cost of maintenance will shoot up. All these will make you rue your choice sooner than later. Not to speak of the fact that after 2 years it will work out costlier to run the car over other better choices for the purpose.

I believe that the least you can do is to get the TDi Marina. It has a higher rated payload capacity. So this one may be able to take that beating far better. However I feel that nothing will beat the twin-cab that Tata has recently launched as a life style vehicle. It is a butch of a vehicle and yet can be used as a personnel carrier. Think about it...

OT: A guy at CA (computer Associates) owns the new Tata twin-cab... I see him come to office every day. Though the thing looks something exhilerating when it is parked under those bougainvillea trees, what with those mean looking bull-bars, the strong grab-bars or whatever they are called at the back,. the guy looks hilarious when he drives it to office in his ties and all!!!
Old 3rd April 2006, 15:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
tata 207 Di is almost 4.2 lacs on road and the 5 seater Crew cab is approx 5 on road. i think its way below ur budget of 6 lacs. all u need is 2 put up an AC unit and its as fresh as ny car with better road presence.

is it that cheap ...i think i read it as 8 lacs on road

Most Viewed