Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which MUV would you prefer?
Ertiga 141 32.94%
Innova 226 52.80%
Xylo 73 17.06%
Others please specify 14 3.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 428. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2013, 07:33   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga vs Toyota Innova vs Mahindra Xylo

Was the XUV500 W4 launched? Thought they wanted to launch around Diwali?
Maybe they are trying to conclude on naming it an XUV400
Old 2nd November 2013, 21:17   #167
BHPian

When I was looking for an MUV, Innova is the first vehicle came in picture. For this, every thing is fine except the price...!!! A top end Innova costs 18L OTR in Bangalore. So I started finding more -ves about this car....its underpowered, making noise above 100km/hr, back seat is not enough for my size at least (6'4")..etc..!!

I rejected Ertiga without any test drive as I had a tough time to fit myself in. The interior is really cramped. Finally I choose Xylo H8 at 11.7L OTR.. now I am really loving the car. The body roll is at par with Innova (remember the 6L difference), power is awesome, loads of features, huge amount of space, even I can also fit my self in the last row. The luggage space is limited if all 7 seats are occupied, but still you can carry all the luggage for 3-4days trip if packed rightly.

Thanks
Rajesh
RajeshK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 19:48   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Finally I choose Xylo H8 at 11.7L OTR....huge amount of space, even I can also fit my self in the last row.

Yes, I agree about the space and comfort.

Having sat in the last row of all the 3 vehicles, I must also add that the underthigh support of the Xylo's last row seat is unmatched, which reduces fatigue on long drives.

Of the 3 cars, comparatively, I feel the Xylo has the max body roll, but it is quite manageable.

Last edited by mooza : 23rd November 2013 at 19:51.
Old 26th February 2014, 19:06   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Finally I choose Xylo H8 at 11.7L OTR.. now I am really loving the car. The body roll is at par with Innova (remember the 6L difference), power is awesome, loads of features, huge amount of space, even I can also fit my self in the last row.
As an owner of the H series Xylo would like to know the mileage you get in the city and on long runs.

It would also be interesting to know the difference in mileage between the Scorpio and the Xylo with the application of same engine across both vehicles given that the reliability and performance of the mHawk is well proven and that these two siblings cannibalize each other as people carriers.

However the change in heart to mHawk seems to not have improved the sale prospects of the Xylo in any big way looking at Jul-Dec sales figures languising at around 1000 plus units.
Old 27th February 2014, 13:59   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
As an owner of the H series Xylo would like to know the mileage you get in the city and on long runs.

It would also be interesting to know the difference in mileage between the Scorpio and the Xylo with the application of same engine across both vehicles given that the reliability and performance of the mHawk is well proven and that these two siblings cannibalize each other as people carriers.

However the change in heart to mHawk seems to not have improved the sale prospects of the Xylo in any big way looking at Jul-Dec sales figures languising at around 1000 plus units.
FE on highways = ~14+km/ltr
FE on City Traffic = ~11km/ltr

I am not aware of the Scorpio Milage, hope that also will fall in the same league.

Thanks
Rajesh
RajeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2014, 11:11   #171
BHPian

Greetings of the day!

1. Currently considering an upgrade to a real 7/8 seater from Wagon R.

2. Innova with both airbags is way beyond my budget.

3. Zeroed in on the Xylo.A friend owns E9 (mHawk engine).We have travelled on borad this vehicle for long trips from Bangalore. Xylo is within budget,real value-for-money,really spacious, superb seats, awesome engine.

4. However, somehow, we found the journeys on board the Xylo to be invariably much more tiring than the ones we did in our 2009 Wagon R on same and/or similar roads/distances.The ride quality does seem to be average with the passengers thoroughly shaken up every time it passes over a pothole or an undulation.Braking too is a problematic area with the rear passengers tending to fly off to the front.The body roll of the vehicle seems to be coming into play too often and even on straight roads, it felt unsettled and I started feeling nauseous, so did my daughter.(Never a problem on board my Wagon R in similar circumstances!)

5. Apart from driving my friend's Xylo E9, we also took 02 test drives of Xylo H8/H9 at 02 different dealerships in Bangalore. During the first TD, the vehicle was in a bad shape with myself feeling nauseous fairly quickly.The second TD went slightly better.

6. Though there is no tearing hurry for my car-upgradation, I need a varied perspective on the Xylo.Are the problems I am feeling, temporary/insignificant, and should I learn to live with them in Xylo? Or should I wait for Xylo refresh, likely in 2015/2016? Is the ride quality likey to be sorted out then?

7. @sk7671, how has been your experience with the 2010 Xylo E8 with regard to above mentioned points?

8. Owners/first hand experince holders like @v12, RajeshK, rajeshsundaram, gautham.mg, pcpranav and others are requested to guide as well.

Regards!
Old 16th March 2014, 13:49   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onkar1710 View Post
However, somehow, we found the journeys on board the Xylo to be invariably much more tiring than the ones we did in our 2009 Wagon R on same and/or similar roads/distances.The ride quality does seem to be average with the passengers thoroughly shaken up every time it passes over a pothole or an undulation.Braking too is a problematic area with the rear passengers tending to fly off to the front.The body roll of the vehicle seems to be coming into play too often and even on straight roads, it felt unsettled and I started feeling nauseous, so did my daughter.(Never a problem on board my Wagon R in similar circumstances!)...
Though there is no tearing hurry for my car-upgradation ....

Do wait a few months for the Honda Mobilio before taking a decision. Check out the thread below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ge-7-a-11.html
mooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 10:02   #173
BHPian

Quote:

4. However, somehow, we found the journeys on board the Xylo to be invariably much more tiring than the ones we did in our 2009 Wagon R on same and/or similar roads/distances.The ride quality does seem to be average with the passengers thoroughly shaken up every time it passes over a pothole or an undulation.Braking too is a problematic area with the rear passengers tending to fly off to the front.The body roll of the vehicle seems to be coming into play too often and even on straight roads, it felt unsettled and I started feeling nauseous, so did my daughter.(Never a problem on board my Wagon R in similar circumstances!)
I will take this with a pinch of salt on the comfort you have mentioned.
For me, Xylo on long rides are extremely comfort both as a traveler and driver. My regular drives to my native via the winding stone-age Coorg roads are pretty easy now. I had a 2005 model Honda City earlier and Xylo felt more comfortable specially for my family members. The last row is used as a bed for my little one.

About the breaking, yes. Its not sufficient for this kind of vehicle. You need to combine the engine break wisely to stop without impacting the inside travelers. Its not a big deal once you got used to. Only thing to remember, do not push the Xylo into corners in high speed.

About the maintenance, I am still in the warranty period and within 3rd free service.

Thanks
Rajesh
RajeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 18:11   #174
BHPian

Greetings of the day!

1. Back from an around 2000 km trip, driving a friend's Xylo E9.

2. The earlier observations about Xylo were more or less reiterated.

3. Ample space, superb seats, gem of an engine.

4. However, ride quality and handling were indeed mediocre.

5. Braking also merits improvement.

6. Is the Xylo-refresh-2015/2016 likely to address these issues as the value-for-money element of the Xylo is too significant to ignore?

7. As suggested by @ mooza, awaiting the Honda Mobilio as well.

Regards!
Old 3rd April 2014, 23:30   #175
BHPian

After much deliberations and considerations I bought a red xylo h8 with alloys and airbags. It is one comfortable car.
I was wary of the boat ride that many had warned me about. I drove the xylo extensively on kerala roads (which are not among the best) for like 2 days with family and we all loved it for the space and comfort.
Innova was way out of our price range but we felt innova was more comfortable but with less on space especially in the third row. Xylo engine is better than innova noise and power wise. Of course, these are my initial impressions.
My first tank full gave me 13.4kmpl in city but then kochi is not as busy as bangalore. Expecting more from the long drives in the future.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 11:40   #176
BHPian

Greetings of the day!

1. Drove a friend's Innova, 2007-V model with nearly a lakh of km on the odometer.

2. Since I had recently come back from a trip driving another friend's Xylo E9, 2012 model, I could easily contrast the performance of these two vehicles.

3. The ride quality of Innova was found to be much better-drove it on all sorts of roads.A well settled ride even for a vehicle 5 years older than the 2012-Xylo E9.

4. The car was not very well maintained and my friend is the second owner.However the car felt really taut and negotiated broken roads and pits with commendable poise.

5. Handling and driving-feel were close to sedan like.

6. Engine did feel noisy and underpowered, not to the extent of poor drivability however.

7. Now for a perspective on the all new Innova-expected-when, price?

8. Can the pre-owned Innovas be expected to be more affordable once the all new model is launched?

Regards!
Old 6th April 2014, 14:32   #177
BHPian

Quote:
7. Now for a perspective on the all new Innova-expected-when, price?
The all new Innova won't be launched before 2015. Do not expect it to be priced below 20 lakhs INR.
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 12:40   #178
BHPian

I think it is time to add Mobilio also to the poll.
Old 25th June 2014, 15:17   #179
BHPian

honda has already released a teaser for the mobilo, featuring tv comedian Kapil Sharma, the launch is anytime now, a much better bet than the ertiga.
Old 11th March 2015, 06:55   #180
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM by posting the same message across multiple threads.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 12th March 2015 at 10:02.
onkar1710 is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks