Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which MUV would you prefer?
Ertiga 141 32.94%
Innova 226 52.80%
Xylo 73 17.06%
Others please specify 14 3.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 428. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2013, 19:37   #121
BHPian

Re: Xylo E9 Or E8 need to decide!

Thanks Rajeev,

The VIN for the E8 is 2013, but I don't know the month. I would like to wait for the E9 but the sales guy is making it look like they might be discontinued or something and hence the dilemma.
Old 18th April 2013, 22:32   #122
BHPian

wait for the model and dont accept the sales person talk. They lie. I am one so i Know
wolg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 22:38   #123
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 19th April 2013 at 13:31. Reason: Grammar.
turbanman is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th April 2013, 23:04   #124
Senior - BHPian

Try another dealer. I am sure there are at least 2 more dealers in Pune. Or at least tell Sahyadri that other dealer has an E9 readily available. Negotiate harder, twist their arm and Voila!
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 07:30   #125
BHPian

Will do this today, Ajay. It seems Mahindra's Nasik strike is taking its toll. The only colour everyone has is white and the shock and awe on their faces when any other colour is asked for is a sight to behold.

Its a pity my only other choice in this segment is the Innova. We have 3 of them in the family and can't bear to be the "getter of the fourth one".

Will speak to the other two dealers and see what happens.

Thanks.
Old 22nd April 2013, 12:26   #126
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga vs Toyota Innova vs Mahindra Xylo

Ok, the story so far. Spoke to Kundan Motors and they say that they can have the E9 ready in Red in a week from me paying the booking amount of 1 lakh.

They are very sure of delivery within 7 to 10 days.
Old 22nd April 2013, 15:01   #127
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

A different take: With weird logic to back it.

Voted for the Ertiga yet frankly for 5 adults and 3 children the Innova is the best bet. Yet for most times. The Innova is an overkill. The Ertiga is more car like and I feel if we are going the ladder on frame chassis way one must get an SUV rather than an MUV. MUV in my view is best in the form of vehicles like Ertiga or even lower priced MUV like Tata Sumo Grande or mini Xylo.

The Xylo and Innova are too large and yet not SUV's in the true manner. The Innova though a brillant vehicle is too expensive so while it is fine a superb 4 seater MUV by not being an SUV it carries out a role that can be as well carried out by normal sedans in a better manner.

Wont suggest anyone take along any more than 5 individuals in the Ertiga either. Infact for larger groups feel two vehicles (one of them with an outside driver) is the best way to go in comfort.

For the occational drive with 7 people it just does not makes for good logic to take along a large vehicle for the daily drive for which too it would not be as comfortable as a sedan. An SUV though brings more to the table so it is justified in my view and here the last row is never large enough for long distance rides so it is essentially just a 5 seater where one travels in style and can take on bad roads better. With an MUV one does not have the Style aspect and is neither comfortable.

For the once a year trips one can always rent an MUV.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 13:13   #128
BHPian

Breaking News!!! 30/04/13

Well may be not, but just heard from the dealer that Mahindra is changing the Xylo variants to H series from E and is now using the M-Hawk engine across all the new H variants.

The details of the differences between the E and the New H series will be known shortly.

Latest Update 05/05/13.

Just got a call from the dealer. He says the Xylo H9 will be in the showroom by the middle of this week. They are also trying their best to deliver my car by the end of the week as well. The Price has remained unchanged. The 52k discount offered to me on the E9 will not be applicable on the H9 so am pushing for accessories to compensate for the loss to me due to model change after booking was made.

They also don't yet know of the differences between the E9 and the H9 yet. Maybe Mahindra will do a press campaign to launch the new H9 in the coming days.

Will keep you all posted as to the outcome of all of this.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th May 2013 at 12:25.
turbanman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 18:28   #129
BHPian

Re: PICS : The 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift Launch

Update 07/07/13

Everything on-track Car Red Xylo H9 arriving this Thursday. I will probably take delivery on coming Monday the 13th. Will update once I have seen the vehicle which may be this Friday.
turbanman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 18:31   #130
BHPian

Just met with GM of Sales at Kundan Motors. He says the launch of the 'H' Series is on the 15th and my car will be delivered on the 16th. Let's see. He did not have any further details as to what has actually changed in the top end variant as it already has a M-Hawk in it.

He just said that it has been re-tuned to deliver better BHP and a few cosmetic changes. Keeping fingers crossed that the cosmetic changes will not be a case of one step forward and two steps back.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/05/m...launched-75357

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th May 2013 at 12:27. Reason: Sorry for shuffling your posts around so much! Thanks for the info.
turbanman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 12:27   #131
Team-BHP Support

Details on the new mHawk engine'd 'H' variants of the Xylo can be found in this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...continued.html

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 14:57   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbanman View Post
Just met with GM of Sales at Kundan Motors. He says the launch of the 'H' Series is on the 15th and my car will be delivered on the 16th. Let's see. He did not have any further details as to what has actually changed in the top end variant as it already has a M-Hawk in it.

He just said that it has been re-tuned to deliver better BHP and a few cosmetic changes. Keeping fingers crossed that the cosmetic changes will not be a case of one step forward and two steps back.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/05/m...launched-75357
Did you get your car?
Kindly share the difference between E9 & H9.
How is the ride quality of H9, is there anything change?
Old 21st May 2013, 15:10   #133
BHPian

Hi Kalinga,

Yes, got the H9 on the 17th. No changes that I can see between the E9 and H9 in the visual that is. In driving the gear shifts are smoother and the vehicle does seem to be a bit more stable whilst turning at higher speeds. I must add that I have only driven the E9 for all of 7 to 8 kilometres, that too a demo car so may be this comparison needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Getting my number plates today and will hit the highway and report back any new findings.
Old 21st May 2013, 15:24   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbanman View Post
Hi Kalinga,

Yes, got the H9 on the 17th. No changes that I can see between the E9 and H9 in the visual that is. In driving the gear shifts are smoother and the vehicle does seem to be a bit more stable whilst turning at higher speeds. I must add that I have only driven the E9 for all of 7 to 8 kilometres, that too a demo car so may be this comparison needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Getting my number plates today and will hit the highway and report back any new findings.
Congrats for the car. Drive safe & Enjoy..

We are waiting for your review on the H9.
BTW, any new feature in comparison to E9 ?

Did you get any discount for this model? I just got the price for H4 ABS is 9,94,000 OTR pune. They are giving free insurance as of now.
Old 21st May 2013, 15:43   #135
BHPian

Thanks,

I did not get any discount. In fact I had booked an E9 in April which was going with a 52k discount. No stocks for that and the launch of the H9 cost me extra.

They only gave me 7k off my insurance. The buying experience was quite a roller-coaster ride. Won't get in to that now. All's well that ends well.

It is the H4 and H8 versions that will really benefit with the M-Hawk engine. The H9 as I mentioned has had nothing really done to it in terms of cosmetic changes.

Here is a pic of my H9...
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga vs Toyota Innova vs Mahindra Xylo-20130517_125820.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks