Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2012, 02:14   #46
BHPian

Congratulations! It's a great purchase. I love the way a captiva looks - still is a head turner for me. More so than the other cars you mentioned. It has...... Grace - and that seems to appeal to you too.
Plus, top notch interiors and low body roll for comfort.

The yeti is a hit or miss car - either you love it, or you don't. Seems like you don't.

I'm actually excited that you went with what appealed to you And not just numbers / specs - that is a recipe for a long term relationship with your car.

Happy motoring, and post an ownership thread soon!
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2012, 02:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 or Ford Endeavour EDIT - Bought Captiva

So is it the Captiva LTZ you booked. Whats the major difference between this and the LTZ?
Old 14th July 2012, 09:13   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Good decision bro. I am sure you wont be disappointed.

The Captiva strikes the right balance between size, road presence and comfort. Are you buying the A/T?
Thanks Raj.

I toyed with the idea of an AT, but love driving too much, so decided to stick with the MT. Also, teh clutch on the Capiva is very soft, most unlike an SUV, so prefer the control of the manual.....call me old fashioned
Old 14th July 2012, 09:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the Captiva 2.0 engine is same as the Cruze then I don't think you should worry about parts.
Thanks Mpower- yes the Captiva has the same engine as the cruze and in the "new" captival all body panels are the same except the front grille. SO no worries there.

Quote:
So is it the Captiva LTZ you booked. Whats the major difference between this and the LTZ
Maddy there is no LTZ anymore in teh manual. I booked the LT. The LTZ is with the 2.2L AWD AT.

Quote:
Congratulations! It's a great purchase. I love the way a captiva looks - still is a head turner for me. More so than the other cars you mentioned. It has...... Grace - and that seems to appeal to you too.
Plus, top notch interiors and low body roll for comfort.
Thanks Torquing Point!....yes I do hope to keep this as a long termer.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2012, 10:17   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I do hope to keep this as a long termer.
And you will find little to complain. It is a well engineered vehicle from GMDAT. Reliable, on par with the others on FE, good performer on road and very spacious.
Congratulations on the booking and enjoy the wait with butterflies in your stomach.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2012, 11:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, on making a very wise choice, IMO. The Captiva didn't do very well, for reasons, I could never fully understand, but it is a very good product overall. Also, it mostly suits all your checklist items.
Will we get to see an Ownership Thread next?
In any case, you can EDIT the title of this one, and shout out that you bought a Captiva.
Old 14th July 2012, 11:06   #52
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Roy......

Will ask the mods to edit once I get delivery of the captiva.

There is another interesting twist brewing at my house.....my wife is showing a distinct disinclination towards having the Scorpio as her daily drive. She says she would much rather keep the SX4 for a couple of years more since she loves the SX4.

So i may be in a sutation where I now have 2 SUVs and a sedan at home!!
Old 14th July 2012, 11:14   #53
BANNED

Quote:
There is another interesting twist brewing at my house.....my wife is showing a distinct disinclination towards having the Scorpio as her daily drive. She says she would much rather keep the SX4 for a couple of years more since she loves the SX4.
This is understandable. My friend's wife,who learnt to drive in the Scorpio, was not comfortable in any other car when it was her turn to buy one and now they have 2 Scorpios at home, inspite of living in narrow-roaded Pune.

In fact, off late, I ve seen quite a few Scorpio ATs being driven by ladies in the NCR. Good choice by her I d say.
Old 14th July 2012, 11:30   #54
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Himanshu. Captiva is a great buy and most vfm in that range.

I too love the looks of the Endy, but from what I've read, only the 3 Litre version gives you bang for the buck. I wonder how much more it costs than the one you TD'd.

And like MileCrucher said, I too envy your preponderence to change SUVs at the drop of a hat!

Wish you many Captivating moments.
Old 14th July 2012, 11:32   #55
Senior - BHPian

thanks Venu bhai

Couple of issues with the 3L- one that it is about 3L more than the 2.5 and second it comes with Auto only.

as for preponderance for change, it is overhyped!. the Last SUV I sold was the Safar and that was over 3 years ago . So a new car every three years aint too bad is it :P
Old 15th July 2012, 00:03   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Cesc, yup, by the looks of it I may be buying the Captiva after all......ticks more boxes than any other vehicle in my price range.

You're kidding right!!!!, Safari's middle row rivals a Q7 in terms of comfort and the endy is no where close to it.
Himanshu - I was talking about the vehicle as a whole and not just the middle row. If I have to drive either of the two then I will drive the Endy. As far as midle row is concerned the Endy is the worst that I have ever sat in. The Safari does have a good middle seat - I spent the whole of last night sitting in one (and a good part of yesterday driving it).

for your Captiva booking.

Re. Gurgaon meets - I found out a few months ago that we have quite frequent ones. I have never been to one so looking forward to making it to the next one.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2012, 01:54   #57
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the booking and thank you for having the patience to answer some of my Noob questions. You helped me almost 90% with my decision. Now left to the matter of Head vs heart and getting the approval from the Prime minister and home minister.
Old 15th July 2012, 04:30   #58
BHPian

Whew read this thread in one go.
Congratulations on your Captiva, it sure as he'll bangs for the buck and glad you did not go with the endy, lack of underthigh support being the dealbraker for my whole family despite the fact that all of us fell in love with it's looks the day it was first launched.
You better keep the Captiva as a long termer unless you hit a jackpot that will let you tide over it's depreciation.
I too mirror your sentiments about the yeti, the tiny package packs a punch but I get stuck at the 'tiny' bit.
Actually (you) being a Tata and Mahindra owner I felt the XUV's value for Money proposition might win you over.
Between just the endeavour and XUV I'd pick the XUV solely because I can deal with iffy electronics, but not with a sore bum at the end of a long drive.
Cheers.
Off Roadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2012, 13:13   #59
Senior - BHPian

Maddy glad to be of help!. If you ar elooking at the Captiva and want brilliant deals, then go for the curent one. The facelift version may not have discounts anytime soon. Also i have a fundamental problem with the front end of the facelift- if you see, there is no bumper in the car! in Delhi roads, that is arecepie for disaster for the face of your car, esp if you ever park it in one of those infamous MCD parking lots with the attendandts using one car to push a line of cars parked ahead or behind it.

Off Rodie, thanks mate. The Endy was a HUGE disappointment, more so since I had high expectations from it and was in love with the beast. The XUV just doesnt cut it for me. I dont like the looks and Mahindr's record with electricals doesnt inspire confidence in a car that is so dependent on electronics- ABS, Auto wipers, auto headlamps, esp etc etc. The XUV may end up being a very good product, of which i have no doubt, but i have this yearning for moving to an international brand now if for no reason, then to at least have a premium expererience when i visit an A.S.S. - that doesnt happen with tata and Mahindra
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2012, 13:22   #60
Senior - BHPian

The Endeavour looks huge and massive, it actually IS huge. There is nothing wrong with its engine or off road capability, and the interiors are pretty good too.
But the XUV has a rugged brash face that makes the road presence even better. The interiors and features list is outstanding. The engine is torquey and punchy, plus it would handle curves much better than the Endeavour too. I would go for the XUV for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks