Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2014, 17:36   #106
BHPian

Re: Buying a second hand Chevy Captiva or new Mahindra XUV 5OO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Have already done the maths, But my situation was "New XUV vs Preowned Fortuner".

Bought Fortuner
Hi Ashthedivx,

I had been in a similar dilemma for quite some time. I am yet to come across a reasonably priced Fortuner (70K run 2010 models come with an asking price of INR 16L or more).

Will be a great help if you could let us know your search process, vehicle specs (year, kms & # of owners) and the price for pre-owned Fortuner. It will serve as a good benchmark.

PS: All, sorry for going
Old 4th April 2014, 19:13   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying a second hand Chevy Captiva or new Mahindra XUV 5OO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post
Hi Ashthedivx,

I had been in a similar dilemma for quite some time. I am yet to come across a reasonably priced Fortuner (70K run 2010 models come with an asking price of INR 16L or more).

Will be a great help if you could let us know your search process, vehicle specs (year, kms & # of owners) and the price for pre-owned Fortuner. It will serve as a good benchmark.

PS: All, sorry for going
Hey Bud,

Quite a handle you've got

Was into the dilemma for a quite time, had intially a budget of 14-15 lakh and was very very confused. Was so much confused that while travelling in city I usually point out cars and ask my wife "This car is also fine, that car is also fine".

Had been into tbhp as well..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...ml#post3321876

Lately, found XUV fit and finish ain't upto my liking and within said budget was getting very very dirty and humiliated vehicles. Had enough and raised the budget till 20Lakh.

Saw many fortuners for a period of 3 months, had seen atleast 50 no.s, if not less. Finally and fortunately, got a desperate sales call for selling a 2011 Silver Fortuner 23k ran @ 18 Lakh. Saw the veichle, got the initials checked at Toyota and closed the deal within 3 Days. Didn't negotiated since it was a deal-to-die-for.

Finally, Enjoying every moment of it
ashthedivx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 12:58   #108

Re: Mahindra XUV500 or Ford Endeavour EDIT - Bought Captiva

Hello Champs!

I did a TD of Storme and XUV over the weekend (with a gap of 2 hours)

Storme was a 2012 manufactured (I am guessing there are not changes post 2012) and XUV was a 2014 vehicle
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 or Ford Endeavour EDIT - Bought Captiva-comparison-storme-xuv-w6.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2017, 00:55   #109
BHPian

XUV W10AT or second hand ford endeavour??

I am planning to get a 7 seater by upgrading from my Cruze. Not comparing Fortuner since it holds its prices well in second hand market. So what do you guys recommend? If I had the budget, would have gone for Endeavour with eyes closed. So please help me guys in making the right decision. Since it will be self driven 100% don't want to buy a Crysta due to the associated taxi image and family is not very keen on a Tata Hexa. Or you all can convince me otherwise. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 22nd December 2017 at 10:30. Reason: Poorly typed posts. Please PROOF-READ posts before submitting
drchernish is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd December 2017, 09:19   #110
Team-BHP Support

Re: XUV W10AT or second hand ford endeavour??

1) What's your budget?
2) What's the intended use?
3) Perhaps a TD of all cars will help you understand the merits/demerits of each car; Hexa for instance
4) Innova may have a taxi image but it is excellent at the purpose it is built for; so, if it ticks all boxes for you, the image shouldn't matter
Old 22nd December 2017, 09:39   #111
Senior - BHPian

I think you need to test drive the Hexa, the car will do the convincing. Take the family members with you.

The package with the pricing is really lucrative and is ideal with someone with your needs and budget.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd December 2017 at 10:31. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been edited
Old 22nd December 2017, 09:53   #112
BHPian

We went to 4 showrooms yesterday. First was for the Hexa, which we have been exploring for many months now. Next was the Jeep. Then Isuzu, Mahindra (TUV 300) and the last was Toyota (Innova).

If you look at what is being offered in the Hexa and the drive quiality, you will find it difficult to ignore it. The Innova feels cheap inside and although Toyota cashes in on its reliability reputation, the product is grossly overpriced. The knobs for controlling the airconditioner have Alto like quality. You can see both cars back to back to establish the difference in quality. The worst thing for us was that no one bothered to attend to us at the show room. It was a blessing because the car did not seem attractive at all.

A used Endeavor is good, but always be aware of the risks associated with a used diesel car. You can also look at the Isuzu MUX. It is a fascinating car and you can feel that from the moment you touch it. It is out of our budget, but it is a benchmark in manufacturing quality that other companies should strive towards.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd December 2017 at 10:31. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been edited
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 13:01   #113
BHPian

What about Jeep ? would have lovec to get an opinion for Compass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
We went to 4 showrooms yesterday. First was for the Hexa, which we have been exploring for many months now. Next was the Jeep. Then Isuzu, Mahindra (TUV 300) and the last was Toyota (Innova).

If you look at what is being offered in the Hexa and the drive quiality, you will find it difficult to ignore it. The Innova feels cheap inside and although Toyota cashes in on its reliability reputation, the product is grossly overpriced. The knobs for controlling the airconditioner have Alto like quality. You can see both cars back to back to establish the difference in quality. The worst thing for us was that no one bothered to attend to us at the show room. It was a blessing because the car did not seem attractive at all.

A used Endeavor is good, but always be aware of the risks associated with a used diesel car. You can also look at the Isuzu MUX. It is a fascinating car and you can feel that from the moment you touch it. It is out of our budget, but it is a benchmark in manufacturing quality that other companies should strive towards.

Most Viewed