Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2006, 13:25   #1
BHPian

Which TATA dealer in Chennai?

Hi guys,

I have planned to go in for the Indica TDI and I got a qoute from Concorde motors. They offered me a cash discount of 6k (inclusive of the corporate scheme). PLease tell me if you know if I should enquire with the other dealers or go ahead and book with Concorde.
I think the other Bhpians who have bought the Indica TDI in Chennai should be able to help out.

PS: I had plans of getting a used Safari but dropped it on grounds that I did not get a good deal in finance for a used car.
Old 17th April 2006, 17:02   #2
BANNED

I guess you could try VST or MPL ,most probably call them over phone and enquire . you might be able to get a mp3 etc .
Old 17th April 2006, 22:28   #3
BHPian

Has anyone else bought Tata cars in Chennai,
Their feedback woud greatly help.
Old 18th April 2006, 14:30   #4
BANNED

OK, 3rd attempt at answering (previous 2 attempts resulted in technical error)

I bought my Indica V2 LSi from Concorde Motors in March 2003. I was quite happy with the overall buying experience. My next car will most probably be a TATA and will be bought from Concorde.
Old 18th April 2006, 14:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

I suggest VST motors.

My father was about to buy an Indigo some time ago, he had advice from people who had bought form Concorde to go for VST.

I have not heard about MPL, I think you must check them out too, they are generally the most popular dealer for manufacturers selling nin Chennai (GM, Ford, etc)
Old 19th April 2006, 11:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Bought Indigo & Indica's from VST motors in our company's name. The users seems to happy with the after sales service. Definitely VST will give better discounts than Concorde.
Old 4th May 2006, 20:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

My family has been dealing with the VST motors for over 20 yrs and we own a few tata vehicles including a sumo.They're quite Ok.

I've few contacts in Manipal motors. If u need help, Pm me. I'll be more than glad to help.
Old 22nd May 2006, 15:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

VST is better in sales and give better discounts..

But service of Tata Motors is pathetic.. We have had an Indica DLX, currently have Indigo DLX as well as a 207DI..

Service is a BIG PROBLEM..
Old 22nd May 2006, 15:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

VST is better in sales and give better discounts..

But service of Tata Motors is pathetic.. We have had an Indica DLX, currently have Indigo DLX as well as a 207DI..

Service is a BIG PROBLEM..
Old 19th January 2010, 18:40   #10
BHPian

Guys,

I had booked a TD of Manza for last Monday from Concorde Motors velacherry (Chennai) but when I called up to confirm the TD I was told that the TD car was not available and have to wait for a few more days. Moreover, I was not very comfortable with the sales persons attitude when I went to check out the car. Can you suggest a better dealer (based on your experience) in Chennai?
Old 19th January 2010, 19:24   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Concorde Sucks. I once called and confirmed a TD for the Xenon and drove all the way till their to be told that they don't have the Xenon. They they kindly offered me a testdrive on the Vista or Indicab or something which made me mad. That place is very disorganzied. the right hand doesn't know what the left hand does. Tata is the only one who can employ the manager who runs that place. Guess he was promoted from Tata's Quality Control dept.
Old 19th January 2010, 21:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

Concorde - TML dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Concorde Sucks. ...
My interaction with Concorde has only been for some enquiries, and not actual purchase. I wouldn't normally want to say anything negative about a dealership based on such interactions.

BUT, I have to agree with you, 4x4addict, Concorde sucks...and sucks BIG TIME.

There are too many people there loitering around, seemingly doing nothing. Agreed, that they are neatly dressed and very presentable... But, if someone asks for something which they are not aware of (4WD Xenon just before it was launched), they should know how to handle that...pity they are not trained for that.

I mentioned 4WD, they looked at me like as if I have just landed from Mars.

I had gone to enquire a couple of times about the Xenon 4WD (before it's launch). The first time : I mentioned the name Xenon, I got a blank stare...fair enough...it had not been launched yet, and this was acceptable.

Another time, it was when a Xenon 4WD was standing outside Concorde, and no one inside had any info on it again...I finally got the message that they were not going to sell this, it was meant for another dealership,and they did not have any info about it .

Now, compare this to another Tata dealership in Chennai , where I did the same thing (mentioned Xenon 4WD). The sales guy drew a blank. I mentioned that it is similar to the 207DI pickup, and then he immediately caught on. He started talking about the 207DI with passenger cab, with A/C and PS, and how they had helped one customer with building a hard-top for the load deck, for personal use etc.etc. When I said i was interested only in the Xenon and not the 207DI , he said he would check and get back; and true to his word, he called me back in a couple of days, and gave me the details mentioning that the price would be about 8.5-9.0 lakhs etc. I told him it was beyond my budget and let it go at that. But I was impressed with his approach, and couldn't help thinking about my experience at Concorde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
....They they kindly offered me a testdrive on the Vista or Indicab or something which made me mad...

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 19th January 2010 at 21:27.
Old 21st January 2010, 00:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

VST is the way to go. Thought Concorde used to be good, I have heard a few horror stories on them off late. Latest one being from a friend who was looking to buy a car in December - he gave a thumbs up for VST (and said Concorde Sucks!!)
Old 21st January 2010, 14:26   #14
BHPian

i would say it differs based on the sales rep. I went to concorde for safari and the service was great. the guy helped with lot of information, brought the vehicle for TD as promised and was doing good follow up calls. But when i asked for punto he directed me to another rep who promised the TD the very next day and the next day is still coming...

Last edited by klassics45 : 21st January 2010 at 14:27. Reason: missed the dealer name

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks