Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2012, 19:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Duster vs other SUVs & MUVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
OT:
Your Safari is pretty new, correct? How much has it done? Why the change?
5yrs 77k kms. Not so new..
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2012, 14:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
5yrs 77k kms. Not so new..
But 77 k is not very high. My Wagon R has done 140. Any reasons for change? Niggles?
Old 2nd August 2012, 14:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
But 77 k is not very high. My Wagon R has done 140. Any reasons for change? Niggles?
Yes. have had my share, and do not want to drive a tata vehicle around without extended warranty. Right now, the car will sell for around 5lacs, but beyond this, it will depreciate much faster..
Old 6th August 2012, 17:40   #34
BHPian

Been reading this thread with interest. Oddly enough how come nobody has discussed the Force 1 SUV? Agree that it doesn' have ABS/Airbags but it's still in the price range. No?
Old 6th August 2012, 22:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij4all
Been reading this thread with interest. Oddly enough how come nobody has discussed the Force 1 SUV? Agree that it doesn' have ABS/Airbags but it's still in the price range. No?
Well, it was never in my consideration set TBH. Their quality, sales, service network all being big Q marks for me.
Old 6th August 2012, 22:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Go for a 2nd hand Fortuner if you can stretch and can get a good deal - e.g. a 2009 one. My vehicle has done 37000 kms in 22 months, and is just settling down. For a 10 year horizon and go anywhere capability + space, it is a great vehicle. I bought mine with a 10 year horizon, and so far I don't have cause to regret (not that I expected to regret lol). Manuuj - another owner - has crossed 60000kms in 3 years, and it still drives like new.

Since you go to the Himalayas, are adventurous and take the road less traveled once in a while (as per your posts), you will thoroughly enjoy traveling with your family in that vehicle.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 23:23   #37
Senior - BHPian

I Will buy a used Fortuner anyday compared to a duster, just because of the reliability and quality. I feel Toyota treats the customer very well and attends to all issues. Renault service stations are fewer than Toyota A.S.S
Old 8th August 2012, 15:03   #38
BHPian

Check out the Duster Vs Scorpio Comparision by Autocar India
Here it is - Duster vs Scorpio | Feature | Autocar India

Regards
Varun
Old 9th August 2012, 12:51   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Moderator Note : Please stick to the topic and avoid unrelated discussions
Old 29th September 2012, 17:05   #40
BHPian

Hi Chinkara, It is actually surprising that you rejected the Innova only for it being 'cab like'. Considering your requirement of a 10 year ownership tenure, the Innova ticks all the boxes in your list. I bought a used Innova (2006) model with 40k km on the odo. Today it has crossed over 1 lakh km on the odo and still feels as good as new. Apart from regular service intervals there is absolutely no ownership cost. The 'cab' image in my opinion is a small compromise that one can live with considering the Innova's bullet-proof reliability and that it is perhaps one of the best engineered automobiles on Indian roads
Old 30th September 2012, 00:35   #41
BHPian

Why are you not considering a pre-owned vehicle? If you liked Cedia, why not to just go for it? IMO you can find a 2007-08 one in excellent shape in real dirt cheap price, just google it and you would get what I mean by dirt cheap.
Or may be the Vitara, you said you liked it too, like cedia, Vitaras are also known for very poor resale values, so the first owner takes the first hit, and you are benefited.
This way, you get what you actually like, also, being in NCR, getting good service should not be any issue for you, as if you keep these vehicles maintained, they would not break on your visit to a distant place, they are Japanese after all..
Old 5th October 2012, 23:52   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Why are you not considering a pre-owned vehicle? If you liked Cedia, why not to just go for it? IMO you can find a 2007-08 one in excellent shape in real dirt cheap price, just google it and you would get what I mean by dirt cheap.
Or may be the Vitara, you said you liked it too, like cedia, Vitaras are also known for very poor resale values, so the first owner takes the first hit, and you are benefited.
This way, you get what you actually like, also, being in NCR, getting good service should not be any issue for you, as if you keep these vehicles maintained, they would not break on your visit to a distant place, they are Japanese after all..
i think the thread starter is looking for an SUV/MUV so Cedia wont qualify for his requirement. agree on your point though on the reliability. mine has now crossed 81000 on the odo without a problem
Old 6th October 2012, 00:23   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
i think the thread starter is looking for an SUV/MUV so Cedia wont qualify for his requirement.
In his first post he has mentioned that he was interested in Cedia, and Maven, congratulations on your happy miles, I know you will have much more..

Last edited by SDP : 27th June 2018 at 08:23. Reason: Fixing broken quote tag
Old 2nd January 2013, 16:53   #44

Hi Chinkara, did you finally make a decision? I'm also interested in the Duster but haven't made up my mind yet, so interested in what you settled on.
Old 2nd January 2013, 23:15   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch22
Hi Chinkara, did you finally make a decision? I'm also interested in the Duster but haven't made up my mind yet, so interested in what you settled on.
No, I took a test drive of the Storme last month, but a 15 L OTR it is well over my budget. Duster not having 4x4 is a dampener. And now that Storme is launched, we decided against the Dicor.

So back to the square one really. I will wait till March to see if either EX 4x4 or Duster 4x4 comes to the market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks