Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2014, 14:04   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Duster vs other SUVs & MUVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Sorry for going offtopic - any news of the 4*4 launch? I am interested
But my drive doesnt warrant a diesel - max 1000 kms per month + the odd long drive.
Would they offer 4*4 on the petrol?
The official launch is scheduled between 22nd and 24th of this month. Unfortunately 4x4 is not planned on petrol versions at this time. There is another thread following Duster AWD launch, please look for it for more info on the same.

Last edited by The Wolf : 19th September 2014 at 14:06.
The Wolf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 14:42   #197
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Sorry for going offtopic - any news of the 4*4 launch? I am interested
No news on the launch if Duster AWD, although it is spotted in showrooms by certain BHPians. Don't know why Renault is making us wait?

Quote:
But my drive doesnt warrant a diesel - max 1000 kms per month + the odd long drive.
Would they offer 4*4 on the petrol?
Highly unlikely. The petrol Duster doesn't have any sales numbers to speak of, so my guess is that they'll never think of Duster AWD petrol in their wildest imagination.
If you want a petrol car with a SUV like stance and good FE, look at Honda Mobilio.
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 21:48   #198

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Hi fellow BHPians looking for some advice as this is my first new car purchase!
I am planning to book a car within next 2 months. Duster is on top of my wishlist.
I visited the Renault showroom and the SA gave me the following price quote for Duster Rxl+ 85Bhp:
Ex showroom 999000
Life Tax 120380
Insurance 35692
Handling charges 9900
Standard Accessories 4000
Permanent Registration 3500
Total On Road 11,72,472

The only discount i have been offered is Rs 4,000 waived on standard accessories and an additional 10,000 worth of accessories free.
Is it good enough to seal the deal ? what do you guys say, should i be waiting for the navaratri/dussehra/diwali offers? What other discounts/offers can i ask for?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st October 2014 at 22:00. Reason: Post moved to existing What Car? thread.
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:58   #199
BHPian

Renault Duster vs NG Mahindra Scorpio vs Xuv 500

My friend wants to buy a SUV
He has short-listed three vehicles
1. Renault Duster 110 RXZ(without rear ac)
2. Mahindra Scorpio S10
3. Mahindra XUV 500 w6

His requirements are:
Should be robust looking

He has a family of 5 so basically he is not interested in the last 2 seats

The SUV should be fun to drive, and should remain composed even at high speeds( 100-120) should be balanced while taking turns and should also have a good dynamics

It also should be capable of doing some mild off roading

Should have a good mileage

Basically (I am going to be a little biased here, I prefer the duster here as it has a good dynamics and it feels easier to steer out on a highway , a comfortable 5 seater as well

Bhpians please suggest

thanks in advance

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th April 2015 at 03:19. Reason: only 2 smileys per post
Old 3rd April 2015, 07:19   #200
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster vs NG Mahindra Scorpio vs Xuv 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani21 View Post
2. Mahindra Scorpio S10
3. Mahindra XUV 500 w6
The Duster suits your friend's requirements fully. You get great high speed stability, accurate steering,outstanding ride quality, minimal body roll and a very robust car that can handle abuse. The same can't be said about the xuv and scorpio. They just lack the driving finesse you expect of them.

If the budget allows, I'd go a step further and recommend the Duster AWD with multi link rear suspension and shift on the fly four wheel drive hardware.

If your friend would take looks over a couple of features, he could also consider the Terrano.

But beware, you may not take kindly to the Duster's flimsy and poor fit and finish of the interior. Or the ergonomics. Or the space at the rear. Or the lack of some basic features.

If such a such a situation arises, I'd put off the purchase for a couple of months and wait for Maruti and Hyundai to bring in the s cross and ix25 respectively.

This link may help.

Link

Last edited by Turbo_asd : 3rd April 2015 at 07:24.
Turbo_asd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 22:33   #201
BHPian

Quote:
2. Mahindra Scorpio S10
3. Mahindra XUV 500 w6
Hi am in the same dilemma with the same SUVs like your friend but am looking at a W8 instead of W6. We are primarily 4 adults and a child. But if at all my brother in law and SIL plan to join us then it'll be 6 adults and a child.

My priorities are as follows

1. Space (I wear XXL shirts )
2. Driving comfort.
3. Should take not so good roads comfortably.
4. Easy to maintain.

Awaiting advice as always. TIA
Old 24th April 2015, 23:02   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Hi am in the same dilemma with the same SUVs like your friend but am looking at a W8 instead of W6. We are primarily 4 adults and a child. But if at all my brother in law and SIL plan to join us then it'll be 6 adults and a child.

My priorities are as follows

2. Driving comfort.
4. Easy to maintain.
If you can extend your budget, consider Innova as it perfectly suits your requirements. If you had already decided to go for XUV, Mahindra will be launching the XUV facelift soon and here's the link for that.
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 23:05   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
2. Driving comfort.
4. Easy to maintain.
I think it has to be XUV. Duster is good for bad roads. But on the highway, when you are munching long distances, and start sulking for that extra space, Duster wont help you. From that point of view, I would say the XUV without any doubt. And it being a monocoque helps too.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 14:37   #204
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster vs NG Mahindra Scorpio vs Xuv 500

Quote:
2. Mahindra Scorpio S10
3. Mahindra XUV 500 w6
The best choice out of this would be the XUV 500. It has got good looks and composed ride.
Ask your friend to do a test drive of all these 3 vehicles with the entire family and see what suits best.
deemash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 23:58   #205
BHPian

I am struggling to choose one for me. Just that I am considering XUV 500 facelift W6 or Honda City or Ecosport. Honestly mind is saying to go for Honda or Ford but heart is for XUV. I considered Duster but dropped the idea because of high price for what I am getting.
Old 5th June 2015, 16:27   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
I am struggling to choose one for me. Just that I am considering XUV 500 facelift W6 or Honda City or Ecosport. Honestly mind is saying to go for Honda or Ford but heart is for XUV. I considered Duster but dropped the idea because of high price for what I am getting.
Supercool : pretty neat options you have. I am not an auto enthusiast but I personally own and EcoSport and XUV, and obviously loves the City like everyone else.

I would suggest you to look at your usage because all three are 3 different breeds. Even though EcoSport is a mini SUV, i would like to call it some sort of a Cross version of a hatch, it might not take that much abuse. But for city drives EcoSport is the best and it can easily beat Duster or City just because of its easy gearing, tall driving position and responsiveness. On highways I havent driven anything that could beat the XUV. And for people who look at City may not be satisfied with anything else. So if you can share your usage, if not me there are senior bhpians who would give you the right thoughts.

Cheers
Old 18th July 2016, 15:30   #207
Senior - BHPian

New/Used 4x4 for 15 Lakhs

My Previous Car: I owned a 2010 Swift Ldi until it was stolen this month. I had done 86k+ kms on it and the ownership was totally niggle-free. 6 years had gone by and the car never ceased to amaze me. I had done the Spiti circuit in it, driven it straight ~850 kms to Jaisalmer and a whole lot more.

Basically all that I could throw at a hatchback and it always left me impressed. It was a great car to drive, there was enough power for it to be fun and the maintenance, both cost and effort-wise, was incredibly low.

However, it wasn't the car that I could take dune bashing, or do the ladakh circuit with (I mean really DO it), or maybe take out for a weekend drive to Narkanda in January. The only thing I missed about the car was lack of 4x4.

The Owner: I'm the kind of guy who used to change oil, filter and air filter every 5k kms. In fact I even got the EGR valve cleaned at 40k interval and you'd be surprised at how many people don't bother with it, no matter the odo reading. I never left it for servicing, got everything done right in front of my eyes.

Mechanically, I would always want my car to be tip-top! I can't live with an error code flashing on the MID just because some rat decided to chew a hose/wire. I'm the kind of guy who'd get the hose/wire replaced, you get the drift. I can live with a dent though, Delhi traffic has taught me to be humble when it comes to aesthetics.

New vs Used: Since I always want the car to be trouble-free I'm not sure if I should venture into the used SUV category.

If at all I do, is there a possibility of getting a used Fortuner (Mahindra & Tata are out for obvious reasons) for somewhere around 10 lakhs and I park 2-3 lakhs for unwarranted repairs?

My Budget: 14-15 lakhs, anything above would be really stretching it

Time at hand: I can easily wait 2-3 months as I'm in the process of buying a house post which I'd buy my next car.

Considerations so far: Duster RxZ AWD. Its a vehicle that kind of ticks all the points. Except for the red door trims I can't seem to find anything wrong with this vehicle. In fact it'd cost me ~15 lakhs OTR which would be perfect cost-wise.

I've read enough ownership threads and there weren't any posts which qualified to be a warning for a prospective buyer. It is a light vehicle which would keep the fuel costs similar to that of a Swift. Spare part cost doesn't seem to be a bother to any owners and its a vehicle which is most likely to give me a niggle-free ownership experience.

What's bothering me is whether the 2017 Duster is worth waiting for? Is the new Duster really around the corner or would it take them another 2-3 years before they come up with the AWD version of new Duster in India?
Old 19th July 2016, 08:29   #208
Team-BHP Support

Re: New/Used 4x4 for 15 Lakhs

With the re-done face/back and interiors just been launched [ok, some 3/4 months ago] don't think an all new Duster is coming soon. But not sure, others can provide better info.

This is the best AWD to buy at ~15L IMO. Has the best ride/handling combo with decent approach, break over & departure angles. The only negative bit is the interior packaging but there is nothing else you may buy at that price point. Just don't abuse or feel invincible with whatever you buy.

See the amount of fun & time you are losing while waiting for a 4X4 when you can go ahead and buy a new Duster or hunt around for a used Fortuner.

I have a 4WD S10 Scorpio and I am pretty happy with it
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 10:11   #209
Team-BHP Support

As Sheel has said, the facelifted Duster was launched just a few months back. The all new Duster might not come to India soon. In your budget you can get -
1> New Scorpio 4WD
2> New Duster AWD
3> New Isuzu V-Cross
4> Pre-owned Fortuner

Each one has its pros and cons, but you can't go wrong with any of these options.
BlackPearl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 10:16   #210
Team-BHP Support

When long time Grand Vitara owners look around for a potential replacement vehicle, nothing comes close to Duster AWD. That should give you an idea.

But my Grand Vitara will only be 9 this year, so I can wait 3-4 years more.
Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks