Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2006, 00:45   #1

Used car -viva crdi OR scorpio ?

Hi guys, i am looking to buy a used diesel car and my budget is Rs. 4-4.5 lacs and 've shortlisted these two . I need your help in choosing the right one .

I 'll keep the car for 1-2 years and i dont 've any info about any of these cars cos i 've never had any diesel car .. what do you guys say ,which one is a better deal , a used viva crdi or a scorpio ? also what are the problem areas for these two cars .

The only thing i want from the car is low maintanance and reliability .

Please tell me which model of scorpio would i get in my budget(should be 2004 or late) and will i be able to get a well maintained 2004 model viva crdi in my budget(2004 or late model is necessary as i 'll be going for the loan of 5 years) ,if not which car should i consider and which one proves to be more reliable in the long term(i drive 3000kms/month) ?
Also how far is it true that accent crdi starts giving some problems after 2 years or so ?

p.s. i dont 've much knowledge about the cars ,so my decision 'll be based on the replies i get here .. please help me !

Thanks in advance .
Old 23rd April 2006, 02:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

y not look at the brand new indigo diesel?

between these two Accent viva crdi will have more kit and punch while safari CRDE is tough to comeby in that price range.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 23rd April 2006 at 02:44.
Old 23rd April 2006, 03:10   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
y not look at the brand new indigo diesel?

between these two Accent viva crdi will have more kit and punch while safari CRDE is tough to comeby in that price range.
Thanks devarshi84 but for some reason, i dont like tata vehicles . so thought of going for a used car but if incase i dont find a good diesel used car then i would 've no other option than to go for the indica/indigo .
Old 23rd April 2006, 03:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

also look at the lancer diesel which comes in your price tag.

b ut viva crdi will be a better bet.
Old 23rd April 2006, 11:21   #5
cnu
BHPian

Check out some more inputs at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...viva-crdi.html

Cheers
Old 23rd April 2006, 12:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

handling would be better on a sedan. And Hyundai is VFM. And not to forget the Pete's thingy u can buy later for a Hyundai
Old 23rd April 2006, 13:10   #7
BHPian

i think the marina should be in your budget and then brand new too...
Old 23rd April 2006, 15:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Palio is another option for ya

Hey,
look for Palio-D as well.
I guess that is one good car. You can get a feel and performance like a sedan (may not look like a seadn) with this one.
looking at your usage; you have to go with the diesel one. again, think of Palio before you go for a marina or any other diesels. diesle lancer is also a good choice. i'm not so sure about Viva CRDI - you may wud like to find other threads for the same.
Old 24th April 2006, 14:12   #9

pls help!

Thanks cnu,jkdas,beeman,ketan .

Ketan- buddy ,i did consider the palio D but after hearing about the facelifted version ,i am confused .

Waht do you say guys ,Should i go for a used car (scorpio,accent crdi or any other) or for a new Palio D or indica/indigo ?

I 'll keep the car for 2 years ,so is it worth going for a second hand diesel car ?pls help!
Old 24th April 2006, 14:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

A second hand diesel is usually not advicable when you can afford a new one..(High maintanence etc.)

Give the new cars a serious thought before you commit yourself for a used one
Old 24th April 2006, 15:38   #11
bhp
BHPian

used diesel car isnt advisable as it surely be high mileage and u dont know how the previous owner has maintained bcoz diesel car surely needs some maintanence....anyways u can pick up a viva crdi ....this diesel car has some punch
Old 25th May 2006, 14:16   #12
BHPian

hi,,
buy the viva crdi,, though it is difficult to get a good diesal second hand car,, but if you can find a good deal on viva crdi,, go for it..
i have one-- it gives me bout 15km to a diesal liter in city with a/c,, onthe hiway it gives me bout 17km to a liter,, i have touched 165km/hr on the odometer,, stability wise you cant compare it to a 2 liter car,, but it is not bad,,,,
a 2004 model crdi in delhi will set u back, bout 4, 50, 000..
happy shopping,,
regards,,
driven

P.s: there is someone selling a red modified crdi done about 50, 000km call me if u are interested,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanishq
Hi guys, i am looking to buy a used diesel car and my budget is Rs. 4-4.5 lacs and 've shortlisted these two . I need your help in choosing the right one .

I 'll keep the car for 1-2 years and i dont 've any info about any of these cars cos i 've never had any diesel car .. what do you guys say ,which one is a better deal , a used viva crdi or a scorpio ? also what are the problem areas for these two cars .

The only thing i want from the car is low maintanance and reliability .

Please tell me which model of scorpio would i get in my budget(should be 2004 or late) and will i be able to get a well maintained 2004 model viva crdi in my budget(2004 or late model is necessary as i 'll be going for the loan of 5 years) ,if not which car should i consider and which one proves to be more reliable in the long term(i drive 3000kms/month) ?
Also how far is it true that accent crdi starts giving some problems after 2 years or so ?

p.s. i dont 've much knowledge about the cars ,so my decision 'll be based on the replies i get here .. please help me !

Thanks in advance .
Old 25th May 2006, 14:25   #13
BHPian

diesels are tended to be overused by the owners. So my advice would be to go for a new one. But still if you want to go for the used viva or scorpio, look for viva, as they are more owner maintained. Never go for the scorpio, unless a really reliable source comes with a reall bargain car, which BTW is next to impossible, as scorpios tend to be used more by the tour operaters.
Old 25th May 2006, 14:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

A used diesel car would make u the second owner. Once you go sell it, you will get very poor resale as folks will be very skeptical about a 2nd owner diesel car. I suggest with you budget you go for a new Indigo or wait for Swift diesel. I would have suggested Indica diesel but it doesnt have a boot (do you want one???).
Lastly you will get more looks in scorpio or a viva crdi, but no one will bother to give you a second look in Indigo...... I heard they are giving huge discounts on Viva Crdi these days as new model on horizon. Go to some Hyundai dealers, see if they have any 2005 models left, u might get a hefty discount on them.... Same with Scorpio, go to the dealers and see if they have any CRDI old look model left, those would be your best bet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks