Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2012, 17:19   #16
BHPian

I agree with Vasanth, Sunny too makes sense if you are buying a base duster. In city too a sedan makes more sense than a UV but yes Sunny might be a good option for fleet owners as Nissan's service network is a bit weak currently though improving day by day.
Old 22nd September 2012, 21:56   #17
BHPian

Re: Ford Classic Titanium or Renault Duster 85 RxE

Looking at your criteria,
1. No fan of Gizmos
2. Spend as less as possible
3. ABS and Airbags can be skipped

Though I don't recommend the 3rd point but considering your requirements FORD Classic CLXI would be the right choice.
I have got Classic Titanium 2 months back and have done 3.5K till now and enjoying every bit of it.
Old 22nd September 2012, 23:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
I have a couple of questions for you.
1) How important is ground clearance in your day to day driving. If you drive on bad potholed roads once in six months for example, and your daily drive is on good roads, then low GC will be sufficient.
Daily drive will be on good roads. No need of SUV if I consider my use.

Quote:
2) How much space do you really need. We would all like the space of an Innova for the odd occasions that we use it, but do we really need it on a daily basis.
Normal rear space. Not exactly needed 7 seater. But if it comes then no harm.

Quote:
3) In the event of anything happening, god forbid, to the earning of the Indica as a cab, will you be able to meet the EMI or will it cause problems.
No problem at all. And I am going for new car only if my cars gets into cab business. Otherwise my Vista is serving without any hiccups. Just traveled 200 KMs on NH4 from Pune to Karad. It feels still like new car after 82000 KMs.

Otherwise I am in no hurry in spending my hard earned money in fact I will not spend it at all.

Quote:
4) Will you be traveling to various parts of the country in your car, and hence will having a good and wide spread dealer or A.S.S network be an issue.
Nope.

Quote:
I will make a suggestion here. Assuming Honda have their diesel engine out in time for your purchase, and if GC is not an issue, seriously consider the Honda Jazz.
I would love to buy Jazz Diesel.

Today I visited sole Renault Dealer in Pune. It was Fish Market, nobody attended us for good 40 minutes. Service center is like slaughter house. By seeing this I really felt that Tata gave me very premium treatment. I immediately canceled my plans of Duster. I felt that I should stay away from these guys. I will think of Renault only when we have 2/3 options in Pune.

I will have look at Nissan Sunny and Fiat Linea as well. Had a look at Ford Classic, looks VFM deal as of now. Sober look, best drive, decent space all boxes are ticking.
Old 22nd September 2012, 23:56   #19
BHPian

Same conditions of all Renault dealership buddy, the demand for DUSTER is very high and frankly the company is not able to handle it properly though will surely improve after a point of time. Yes, I would say take a look at Linea and Sunny plus the Fiat dealer in Pune too is pretty good. You might even get discounts on the Linea now.
Old 23rd September 2012, 10:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Though the Nissan Sunny is a great option for you but the Nissan service/maintenance costs are an unknown territory, even so because they have failed to increase their service network considerably.

Moreover, the spares for the 1.5 dCi motor are expensive. Even Mahindra would most probably stop using this engine in their Verito & rather plonk their newly developed 1.5 diesel oil burner (as per their dealer in Delhi, by the name of Koncept Automobiles). So, though buying a Nissan or a Renault may give you a fresh product, it may not be the best experience in terms of maintenance costs & general customer treatment (personal experience with Nissan).

From the two options, I would strongly suggest the Classic. Aged or not, it's a great car that would serve you for years.
Old 24th September 2012, 06:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Normal rear space. Not exactly needed 7 seater. But if it comes then no harm.

No problem at all. And I am going for new car only if my cars gets into cab business. Otherwise my Vista is serving without any hiccups. Just traveled 200 KMs on NH4 from Pune to Karad. It feels still like new car after 82000 KMs.

Otherwise I am in no hurry in spending my hard earned money in fact I will not spend it at all.

I would love to buy Jazz Diesel.

I will have look at Nissan Sunny and Fiat Linea as well. Had a look at Ford Classic, looks VFM deal as of now. Sober look, best drive, decent space all boxes are ticking.
It is good that you know what you want and need. With regards to the 7 seater coming if available and fitting all criteria, I will say one thing. Do realise that they are more difficult to drive in a congested city. I have the option of using my Alto or my Esteem in Bangalore and refuse to bring the Esteem down here unless the space needed is absolutely critical.

Not what I meant about the Indica becoming a cab. Take a worst case scenario where say 3 months or so after you make it a cab and get a steady income (thus emi on new vehicle being paid), the vehicle stops delivering an income (maybe company closes down) and even worse you don't get your vehicle back. Would paying off the new vehicle be a financial strain. If so, and with the condition of your vehicle, err on the side of caution. If not, then the risk is worth taking.

If the Jazz diesel does come soon as seemingly rumoured, wait for it rather than buying the Fiesta. For me the Jazz is one of the two best vehicles available in India. The Jazz and the Innova tick all the boxes for me. The problem with the Innova is size in congested cities and price. The problem with the Jazz is GC. Otherwise they are both perfect.

Investigate the other options available on the market. We are lucky to be living in the age of the internet and being members of TBHP, we are able to do a lot of that investigation in the comfort of our homes or offices.
Old 24th September 2012, 13:45   #22
BHPian

sushantr5 :
ji Go in for the ford classic without a second thought. It is one of the best cars to drive. And going by the odo reading of your indica i am assuming you do some serious travelling. The fiesta is one of the most comfortable cars to drive long distances in. Me and my friends did colva (goa) to chennai , a distance of around 1100 kms in 14 hours and we were fresh enough to go for a new years party the same night! . Keep us updated on your decision.

Drive safe and always wear a seat belt. Cheers!
Old 28th September 2012, 01:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My requirements
0) It should be diesel
1) Spacious
2) Good to Drive
3) Boot Space
4) Mileage around 20 KMPL.
5) Super Low maintenance on servicing and parts if needed change
6) I am not keen on gizmos and features like electric mirrors, auto ac or one touch down power windows. Only basic features like All power windows and AC would suffice for me.
7) ABS and Air bags can be skipped.
  • Unless you want a SUV, there is no point going for Duster. Your requirements do not indicate the need for a SUV.
  • Fiesta will be a bit low on power and a bit high on maintenance (no way super low).
  • Sunny is not good to drive.
  • You can check out Swift / Dzire (it is what I would buy)
  • If you can spend a couple of lacks more, go for Rapid.
oxyzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 08:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
5) Super Low maintenance on servicing and parts if needed change
7) ABS and Air bags can be skipped.
How would you define super low maintenance? These days the maintenance costs amongst car manufacturers are almost equal. Airbags skipping I can understand, but ABS should be a must for your selection criteria, so pls do a rethink.

Fiesta Classic is a fanatastic car and ticks all your requirements, suggest you go for the same. Come this Diwali/Dussera, the option of picking a Fiesta will be more attractive given the sweetened deals expected from Ford.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 10:20   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
How would you define super low maintenance? These days the maintenance costs amongst car manufacturers are almost equal. Airbags skipping I can understand, but ABS should be a must for your selection criteria, so pls do a rethink.

Fiesta Classic is a fanatastic car and ticks all your requirements, suggest you go for the same. Come this Diwali/Dussera, the option of picking a Fiesta will be more attractive given the sweetened deals expected from Ford.
When I checked spare parts(most affected in accident) cost of Fiesta classic parts is comparable to others. Though Fiesta has low power on paper, on road it is different story. I do not want fastest 0-100 but definitely would like fun to drive factor. ABS is now mandatory for car I choose.

I am going to wait for two more months for December offers from all manufacturers.
Old 24th February 2013, 10:18   #26
BHPian

This thread seems inactive for quite sometime. What have you decided sushantr5? It would be good if you post your purchase decision here and let others suffering from similar dilemma benefit from your thread.
Old 24th February 2013, 15:03   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
This thread seems inactive for quite sometime. What have you decided sushantr5? It would be good if you post your purchase decision here and let others suffering from similar dilemma benefit from your thread.
Well as time changes, scenario changes and other situations as well. For now I have decided not to change current car as it is doing well. Decided not to depreciate money further by investing('spending' is right word) in all new car. Stretch current car as long as possible. Current Vista is close to 1 lakh milestone and still it is going strong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks