Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2006, 07:15   #16
BHPian

TOYOTA all the way ...
My uncle bougt innova almost a year back he does Mumbay-Hyderabad almost 2 times in a month...he is very happy with it...
FE is 12-13 on highway with 100-120Kmph...
Old 28th April 2006, 08:22   #17
BHPian

Cons:
Too big for city drive.
Large Turning radius???? (I am not sure)

The turning radius is 5.4m. The cars have the turning radius of 4.9~5.2 and 5.4 is not bad for this vehicle.. but I think it's much lesser than the scorpio(5.6) and tavera (5.6)

Pale vanilla Shape
Susceptible to body dents
Old 28th April 2006, 16:55   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

i never knew innova and tavera are SUV's.
Old 29th April 2006, 04:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

My thoughts exactly. But then isnt the scorpio an MUV too? its an MUv with character.
Old 29th April 2006, 19:06   #20
pkp

Hey Guys,
Today I did the test drive of New Scorpio SLX & Tavera D1-Ellite. Here are first thoughts on SUV & MUV.

Taveara D-1 Ellite:

Pros:
Quite Spacious inside: Though the row meant for kids, it was ok.
Interiors are ok
Guy claimed that it would give about 14 kmpl
Two rows of AC vents, so third row also gets better effect
Suspension seems to good, Ok with small pot holes. I took it on the mud road
Cons:
Man, I felt like it needs a push from back to move from first gear. (I had switched on the AC to full throttle).
At high speeds, if you apply brake, then you need completely lower the gear (may be second from fifth) to pull you back on the road.
There is no sliding option for second row and also no much push back for second row.
Third row, does not have any ventilation option, if AC is not on. Rather third row is people need AC on always.
No hand rest for first row of seat.
Good Discount was being offered

Scorpio SLX Black:
Pros:
Great Looks, as it is an SUV.
Also Good Interiors
Great pull from first gear. Engine response to accelerator is great.
Though I did test drive on 7 seaters the guy said, second row has sliding & push back option for second row.
Claimed it would give 11 kmpl.
Though I touched about 100 KM, I did not find much loss of road handling, may be due to leaf to coil.
Cons:
Vehicle felt like, it is kind of making roller coast when you drive on pot holes. I am not sure, I am right there. May be you can correct me.
I sat in thrird row and it was middle of afternoon, man no much AC effect on third row.
Compared Tavera I felt there is little less space in the vehicle.
Mahindra guy said, no discounts and alloy wheel would cost rs 24000 , addition roof AC would cost Rs 34000 (addition two more row of AC vents for third row)

I would update you all my experience on Innova, once I get my hands on to it. But as some one was mentioning, Innvova G4 Diesel option. I woudl try that,

Once again thanks for your input

PKP

Last edited by pkp : 29th April 2006 at 19:09.
Old 3rd May 2006, 15:12   #21
BHPian

Here everyone has taken into account looks, engine, performance, space, ac effect, resale value etc. But the most important aspect of all i.e. safety seems to have been overlooked by all.

With road infrastructure improving , average speeds on highways have also increased. Just 3 days a go i met with an accident on Udaipur-Ahmedabad Highway in my OHC. We were lucky to get away with minor injuries. But it made me realise importance of safety aspect of a car.

We have decided to change our car and i have thought about New Scorpio and Toyota Innova. Can anyone highlight safety aspects of these two cars.

Thanks.
Old 3rd May 2006, 17:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Innova.... the quality inside and outside is awesome and the engine is brilliant!
Old 13th June 2008, 10:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkp View Post
Space in Car: (more space inside even in Third row (leg space)). In the Scorpio. Is third row is very much cramped than in Tavera. Tavera claims to improved the thrid row comfert.
  1. Engine Performance: (Need to fuel Efficient, Less maintaince): What is actual mileage of Scorpio ?/ Also people say you hear few rattling sounds while running in Scorpio. Is it True that Tavera Engine is Outdated?.
  2. AC effect: (Need to have more comfort in the AC): In Scorpio, the blower at lower side of first row is it really effective. How is AC effect in Tavera.
  3. Driving Pleasure/Vibrations/Better Ineteriors (good shock abosrbers): Can some one tell how is new Scorpio Suspension. And also how is driving quality in Tavera & Innova.
  4. Resa le value????
first of all, avoid the tavera. its pretty outdated model. buy it only if you cant afford the others or if FE is your top priority.

space: the innova wins. no car will come close. even the third row of the innova was comfortable for a 6'2" guy like me. if its the scorpio, its better to go for a 7 seater version as it gives more space in the boot.

engine: scorpio rules here. its has the most refined engine and the best acceleration times coupled with good driveability. no rattling sounds ever heard. i am getting 11.5 kmpl in my scorpio.

A/C: scorpio a/c is good, chills effectively but it has no vents for the 3rd row. the innova is better, has vents for every individual, in top end variants, G4 and V.

driving pleasure: nothing better than the scorpio. new scorpio suspension is good enough though a bit bumpy in the 3rd row.

interiors: nothing better than the innova!

resale value: both are good enough.

lastly, if you drive yourself, go for the scorpio. if you are a backseat person, the innova should suit you well. both are quite trouble free though spares of mahindra will be cheaper but the toyota is expected to be more reliable. my scorpio and innova has not given me any major issues till now, touch wood!
Old 13th June 2008, 11:41   #24
Team-BHP Support

raj you just replied to a 2 year old thread.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
raj you just replied to a 2 year old thread.

i dint realize that!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks