Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2013, 03:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Buying a pre-owned Ford Endeavour?

..well after 3 long months spent in disposing off my last car, i finally zeroed down on this 05 endeavour xlt with 58000 kms on the clock for 5.5L. it runs well but has it share of dents and few parts that need replacing.. who ever said that ford parts are expensive sure knew what he was talking about!! the parts prices are literally absurd!! for example 11000 rs for a fuel flap latch & 5000 rs for that missing foot rest cover(see images). any ways i made a few calls and found out a way to get endeavour parts at more realistic rates. that car will soon be going in for a repaint in the original color , its looks like some one beat this car with a baton or stick of some sort . i will share more as the restoration moves on..
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a pre-owned Ford Endeavour?-20130321_161640_421.jpg  

Buying a pre-owned Ford Endeavour?-20130321_163907_533.jpg  

Buying a pre-owned Ford Endeavour?-20130321_163609_945.jpg  

Buying a pre-owned Ford Endeavour?-20130321_163649_303.jpg  

Last edited by darxide : 23rd March 2013 at 03:08.
darxide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2013, 09:10   #17
BHPian

Congrats Darxide , That was less run example you have got for 05 model at good price , I think it is wise to do stabize the mechnicals first then go for cosmetics ( Painting is the last thing ) as you would end up spending more than 30 K for factory shade out of ASS also .
Can you post the interiors also

Last edited by Rovergen : 23rd March 2013 at 09:15. Reason: spell
Rovergen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2013, 14:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovergen View Post
Congrats Darxide , That was less run example you have got for 05 model at good price , I think it is wise to do stabize the mechnicals first then go for cosmetics ( Painting is the last thing ) as you would end up spending more than 30 K for factory shade out of ASS also .
Can you post the interiors also
thanks rovergen, the interior fortunately is in pretty god condition but is a little dull. the carpet though has 3 or four mini cigarette burns for which i have hopefully found a way to repair. the wheels have some hard water damage, needs to be buffed out and repainted. mechanically it is sound apart from a noisy clutch release bearing- confirmed this from the ford rip-off center (A.S.S) , which i plan to attend to later since i don't plan to drive this car much.
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a pre-owned Ford Endeavour?-20130321_163703_768.jpg  

Buying a pre-owned Ford Endeavour?-20130321_163823_580.jpg  

darxide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 17:49   #19
BHPian

Congratulations darxide, this is one car i lust after, and like you i'm a fan of the older model compared to the new. Do share in the restoration pictures and the prices of the spare parts from your source compared to Ford ASS.

All the best, and wish you many miles with this lovely vehicle.

V
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 19:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Congratulations darxide, this is one car i lust after, and like you i'm a fan of the older model compared to the new. Do share in the restoration pictures and the prices of the spare parts from your source compared to Ford ASS.

All the best, and wish you many miles with this lovely vehicle.

V
.....and a 1000 kms on. i've been looking and asking around for spares and good mechanics to maintain this car. turns out that if one looks in the right places there are dealers in mumbai and delhi who have most of the running spares for endeavour at an average of 50% or or even cheaper to the F.R C.(FORD RIP-OFF CENTER) i have seen these spares and they all look and seem to be equal in quality to the originals. though i haven't got any of these spares in my car yet.
living with the endeavour-
mileage - avg 9 km-pl, good acceleration, cruising speed sweet spot 120km/h but not for guys looking for a fast truck, uninspiring brakes but ABS does work, noisy suspension on bad roads, silent engine & turbo lag not so bad, nice driving position. loves smooth roads and feels like its gonna self-destruct on bad roads .
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a pre-owned Ford Endeavour?-20130416_151629_915.jpg  

darxide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 19:54   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darxide View Post
loves smooth roads and feels like its gonna self-destruct on bad roads .
Beats the whole purpose of this vehicle.
slicvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 20:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Beats the whole purpose of this vehicle
Absolutely!

However, I feel that Endy can take bad roads with equal ease as good roads.
Old 1st May 2013, 20:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Absolutely!

However, I feel that Endy can take bad roads with equal ease as good roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Beats the whole purpose of this vehicle.

i have something pretty strange to share and hard to prove about my experience with cars. i have often noticed that cars that have always been driven hard and used on rough roads seem to "complain " less as compared to a car that has always been used on smooth tarmac.
another thing is that driving on bad roads seem to hurt the owners of cars more than the car itself. this i mean of owners who have sacrificed and saved hard to buy their car. so i guess im a bit touchy when i comes to off road use

Last edited by darxide : 1st May 2013 at 21:04.
darxide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 10:56   #24

One of my friends is selling a 2008 model endeavor. It has clocked 2,50,000kms. The car doesn't have a service history,nor is it maintained very well. Tyre's are worn off,suspension feels weak,turbo doesn't work and many other niggles are well evident.
Is it worth buying that car.My usage is not much.A couple of trips to Kerala in a year,occasional long drives and very few city drives is what I do.
My friend is quoting 6Lakhs for the car.
My concerns are
1. How much would it cost to get the car serviced at an ASC and is it worth spending that kind of money on this car.
2. The car has already clocked 2,50,000kms. Even though it runs fine now,is there any life left in those engines?
3.Would it last me for another 6-7 years if I maintain it well?
Please help solve my dilemma.
Old 4th March 2014, 14:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratheeshba View Post
One of my friends is selling a 2008 model endeavor. It has clocked 2,50,000kms. The car doesn't have a service history,nor is it maintained very well. Tyre's are worn off,suspension feels weak,turbo doesn't work and many other niggles are well evident.
Is it worth buying that car.My usage is not much.A couple of trips to Kerala in a year,occasional long drives and very few city drives is what I do.
My concerns are
1. How much would it cost to get the car serviced at an ASC and is it worth spending that kind of money on this car.
2. The car has already clocked 2,50,000kms. Even though it runs fine now,is there any life left in those engines?
Why this fancy with an Endy used so much ? My advice, avoid this like plague and at 6 lakhs you have better options.
Scout around and you will definitely find better options at your budget.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 14:48   #26

Even I felt the same,but did not want to miss out if it was a good deal.Thank you.
Old 4th March 2014, 15:33   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratheeshba View Post
My concerns are
An ill maintained endeavour with 2.5L on odo with no service history, no turbo, no tyres, no suspension and countless other niggles, for sure is a steal. There is no price for such examples. Please ensure it has a positive accident history too. Buy it for any price possible, it would one day end up as a classic, if restored well.
PS:Replying to your point number-2, endy has just one engine!

Last edited by chaudh2s : 4th March 2014 at 15:38.
Old 4th March 2014, 16:27   #28

Good one. Thank you Chaudh.
Old 11th June 2015, 11:56   #29

I am looking for a used Endeavour. I have come across one here in Ahmedabad - which is registered in March 2012. It is a 3.0L 4x4 AT and has clocked about 87000 kms. Pretty good condition overall except for a dent on the left front flank and some minor issue with the LCD screen on the music system. The vehicle was owned by a company and was used to ferry foreign visitors. They claim that it is a well taken care of SUV and never crossed 80KMPH speed. (I doubt that). I would love to get the opinions of fellow Team BHPians. How much is the vehicle worth?
Old 12th June 2015, 15:24   #30
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
I am looking for a used Endeavour. I have come across one here in Ahmedabad - which is registered in March 2012. It is a 3.0L 4x4 AT and has clocked about 87000 kms. Pretty good condition overall except for a dent on the left front flank and some minor issue with the LCD screen on the music system. The vehicle was owned by a company and was used to ferry foreign visitors. They claim that it is a well taken care of SUV and never crossed 80KMPH speed. (I doubt that). I would love to get the opinions of fellow Team BHPians. How much is the vehicle worth?
10L

Check for Service history in the service book and see if it adds up to the 87000 kms. Should be true for the age in general.

With the new model due out soon, the price for preowned one is expected to drop.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed