Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2015, 13:46   #31
BHPian

Re: Buying a pre-owned Ford Endeavour?

Found a very good condition, Ford India Ltd registered (Company owned Endeavour). 54000 kms, 2010 AT model, looks well maintained. Can i go for 11L?

What should I check specifically before finalizing the deal?
Old 22nd January 2016, 13:28   #32
BHPian

2010-2012 model Ford Endeavours 3.0L 4x4 in used market

Dear Friends,

I was checking out new cars on sites like cardekho and carwale.
Accidentally, I clicked on the used cars section. So, out of curiosity, I started searching for used SUVs.

I found multiple Ford Endeavours 3.0L 4x4 AT having done less than 50,000 km at the approximate price of 10 lakh Rs!

I was thinking of replacing my 2011 WagonR with TUV300 T8 AMT. The question that comes to my mind is - which is a better option?

Is there a catch to owning used Endys?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanking all of you in advance,

Girish Mahajan

Last edited by GKMahajan : 22nd January 2016 at 13:57.
Old 22nd January 2016, 17:02   #33
BHPian

Re: 2010-2012 model Ford Endeavours 3.0L 4x4 in used market

Not an expert but what i heard from friends that Endeavours are high on maintenance. Parts seems to be very costly.
You can check couple of ownership report available in TBHP.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 18:26   #34
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I own a pre-worshipped 3.0L 4x4. Contrary to popular belief, Ford service is not expensive and the car is (touchwood) extremely reliable.

It will be a lateral upgrade and nothing much will go wrong with the truck.
MAS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 22:41   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

The big Ford is built tough. It is very reliable and can take a ton of abuse. Regular service is not too expensive either. Of course, specific spares like steering rack will be quite expensive to replace when they ultimately wear out. Overall, as you are open to buying used, I suggest that you go ahead. It is a sweet deal.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 23:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

The Endy is an extremely reliable car, although the Fortuner has hogged the limelight for quite sometime.

You should pick up the Endy over the TUV considering:
  • Lesser FE. Doesn't matter if you're running is low
  • More maintenance. Depends on the health of the vehicle. If parts aren't immediately available, you may have to wait. Remember that this is not a Toyota Fortuner which more or less has parts available
  • Endy is HUGE compared to the TUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post

I was thinking of replacing my 2011 WagonR with TUV300 T8 AMT. The question that comes to my mind is - which is a better option?
Why not check out some used XUVs?

Is buying AT criteria? If yes, check the Ertiga.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 23:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Endy is a good product. Can take a lot of abuse and comes with some serious road presence and even considering the truck-ish nature of the SUV, it remains pretty easy to drive with good all-round visibility. Maintenance would definitely be more than the TUV and while regular spares like wear and tear items won't cost too much, be prepared to shell out a lot of cash if anything major needs replacement.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 22nd January 2016 at 23:25.
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 01:25   #38
Team-BHP Support

Keep the Wagon R as city runabout and use the Endeavour as a (mostly) highway car. In the city, take out the Endeavour only if you are sure that your destination has ample parking space. Shopping malls, crowded markets etc are not suitable for 5 plus metre SUV.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 06:40   #39
BHPian

Interesting situation there Girish !!
You are at a point where lateral upgrade seems to be the most appropriate option for you.

As you mentioned that you accidentally hit the used car section, are you open to other SUVs as well ?
In addition to the Endeavour, there are lot of choices in the used car market. (Pajero/Grand Vitara/CR-V). You may want to take a look at them.

All these were low selling models hence you can get your hands on a good example for prices which will surprise you. (Checkout a 3.8 Lakhs GV thread in the hot threads section)

If you really want a value for money used SUV, I would say dont go for something popular (like a Fortuner or XUV) as they strongly hold their resale value.

Any Endys shortlisted yet ?
mayank0782 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 11:38   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Not an expert but what i heard from friends that Endeavours are high on maintenance. Parts seems to be very costly.
You can check couple of ownership report available in TBHP.
Dear KALINGA,

I have not given in-depth thought to the spares cost! Let me check out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I own a pre-worshipped 3.0L 4x4. Contrary to popular belief, Ford service is not expensive and the car is (touchwood) extremely reliable.

It will be a lateral upgrade and nothing much will go wrong with the truck.
Dear MAS,

You give me hope! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
The big Ford is built tough. It is very reliable and can take a ton of abuse. Regular service is not too expensive either. Of course, specific spares like steering rack will be quite expensive to replace when they ultimately wear out. Overall, as you are open to buying used, I suggest that you go ahead. It is a sweet deal.
Dear Shreyans_Jain,
So, how long do you think I can run it without major expenses? I assume your guess would be better than mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
The Endy is an extremely reliable car, although the Fortuner has hogged the limelight for quite sometime.

You should pick up the Endy over the TUV considering:
  • Lesser FE. Doesn't matter if you're running is low
  • More maintenance. Depends on the health of the vehicle. If parts aren't immediately available, you may have to wait. Remember that this is not a Toyota Fortuner which more or less has parts available
  • Endy is HUGE compared to the TUV

Why not check out some used XUVs?

Is buying AT criteria? If yes, check the Ertiga.
Dear landcruiser123,
Thanks for the list. And - yes - I am open to any good used SUV - including used XUV. AT is a criteria. I have not firmed up! Still in the thought process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Endy is a good product. Can take a lot of abuse and comes with some serious road presence and even considering the truck-ish nature of the SUV, it remains pretty easy to drive with good all-round visibility. Maintenance would definitely be more than the TUV and while regular spares like wear and tear items won't cost too much, be prepared to shell out a lot of cash if anything major needs replacement.
Dear IshaanIan,
My thoughts are similar to yours - as yet! The point where I am not able to take a judgement is - when should I expect the major expense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Keep the Wagon R as city runabout and use the Endeavour as a (mostly) highway car. In the city, take out the Endeavour only if you are sure that your destination has ample parking space. Shopping malls, crowded markets etc are not suitable for 5 plus metre SUV.
Dear smartcat,
I love your idea! If you see my signature - you will realize that I also have a Honda Jazz V CVT. Most probably, that will become the city vehicle and the SUV that I hope to get will be the highway car. And - now that we are more aware of the AT, we want to part with the WagonR as early as possible. No doubt it will be a tear-some parting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0782 View Post
Interesting situation there Girish !!
You are at a point where lateral upgrade seems to be the most appropriate option for you.

As you mentioned that you accidentally hit the used car section, are you open to other SUVs as well ?
In addition to the Endeavour, there are lot of choices in the used car market. (Pajero/Grand Vitara/CR-V). You may want to take a look at them.

All these were low selling models hence you can get your hands on a good example for prices which will surprise you. (Checkout a 3.8 Lakhs GV thread in the hot threads section)

If you really want a value for money used SUV, I would say dont go for something popular (like a Fortuner or XUV) as they strongly hold their resale value.

Any Endys shortlisted yet ?
Dear mayank0782,

Thanks for the options! Actually, I am no great fan of Ford. However, the Endy is tempting.
Actually, I just came across 3 used ATs - hence the curiosity.
What you say about going for something popular - makes sense. Actually, I had thought these models would pop up in my search! I would love a Fortuner AT! let me keep a lookout!
Old 5th February 2016, 23:14   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,

I was checking out new cars on sites like cardekho and carwale.
Accidentally, I clicked on the used cars section. So, out of curiosity, I started searching for used SUVs.

I found multiple Ford Endeavours 3.0L 4x4 AT having done less than 50,000 km at the approximate price of 10 lakh Rs!

Is there a catch to owning used Endys?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanking all of you in advance,

Girish Mahajan
2 things,

1. A lot of dealers list the same car. In some cases, there are multiple posting by even the same dealer! So don't get too optimistic about the number of listings. Only once you start calling the advertisers to know more about the car, you will get a clearer picture.

2. Odo is almost always tampered on a dealer car. Check out the service history to make sure the quoted kms are genuine.

ATB!
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 09:28   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
2 things,

1. A lot of dealers list the same car. In some cases, there are multiple posting by even the same dealer! So don't get too optimistic about the number of listings. Only once you start calling the advertisers to know more about the car, you will get a clearer picture.

2. Odo is almost always tampered on a dealer car. Check out the service history to make sure the quoted kms are genuine.

ATB!
Dear Dry Ice,

That is an interesting view point. I will definitely keep this at the back of the mind. I have been too busy to take this further.

Off-hand - I think the vehicle numbers were available and different. Not sure!!

Thanks for the invaluable warning!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 00:36   #43

Quote:
Dear Dry Ice,

That is an interesting view point. I will definitely keep this at the back of the mind. I have been too busy to take this further.

Off-hand - I think the vehicle numbers were available and different. Not sure!!

Thanks for the invaluable warning!

Girish Mahajan
Hello Girish!

Have you made up with your buying an used endy?

If yes, then come up with your experiences.

let know,
regards.
Arvind.
Old 28th May 2016, 15:50   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrusso View Post
Hello Girish!

Have you made up with your buying an used endy?

If yes, then come up with your experiences.

let know,
regards.
Arvind.
Dear Arvind,

Sadly, the decision is still pending. Actually, it largely depends on my increment letter..... not yet received!

I will definitely update - once the decision is taken - one way or other.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 21:42   #45

Re: Buying a pre-owned Ford Endeavour?

Hi!
Looking forward also to buy a used Ford Endeavour. Came across 2nd gen examples. One is with 80k (2011) on Odo & the other is with 99k (2007) on the odo!!! Both are AT's.
One does have a little bit of kicking forward at starting throttles & when the speed picks up, there is no kicking, all is smooth. This car also has silencer pipe rattles. Does have electric problems & A/c working with only hot air blowing !!!
What this can be? Any inputs are welcomed.

regards,
Arvind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks