Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2013, 14:45   #16
BHPian

Re: New Nissan X-Trail or Pre-owned (low mileage) Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No chance, not from a 4-banger with <200 BHP and all that weight. The 0 - 100 is in the range of 10 seconds.
My bad! Actually it is something like 11sec. But the 400 Nm torque should be real fun to drive.
Old 21st February 2013, 14:47   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtorque View Post
Had been to JLR showroom very recently to checkout the new FL2. The sales person, whom I found to be very well informed, mentioned that the servicing cost of FL is around 15k only while that of the Evoque is something like 40k!! The new FL2 gets LEDs (if you care), electric seats (good option), Meridian music system (sounded very nice) amongst other things.
The 0-100 kmph comes in 6 seconds for the FL, which is sports-car like. I like it
Considering the drivetrain is similar, I find the difference in service costs a bit absurd
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 14:51   #18
BHPian

Do they charge a premium just because it is Evoque?

And yes, he said the old lot would be sold at 42 Lakh.
Old 21st February 2013, 14:58   #19
BHPian

Wow, I did not know the X-trail was that expensive, Is it really worth it though?

Freelander would have been the obvious choice for me considering the House and lineage and the Oomph factor associated with a Premium brand.

One more thing why are the prices so much more than Delhi, I know there are taxes but still, when I checked last AMP Gurgaon gave us an offer of 40 for the Freelander SE and the HSE was 47 something, but down south you are getting 42 for a second hand one. That is a huge gap, get a DL registered car mate. On these premium cars the police guys dont even check and they shouldn't trouble you for driving such car. My friend has a RS5 without front number plates and he has never even been pulled over.
Old 21st February 2013, 16:48   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
That is a huge gap, get a DL registered car mate. On these premium cars the police guys dont even check and they shouldn't trouble you for driving such car. My friend has a RS5 without front number plates and he has never even been pulled over.
Plus one to that. That is what I d do if I were to buy a premium car. KA taxes are atrociously high and are not worth it at all.
Old 21st February 2013, 18:14   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24
Wow, I did not know the X-trail was that expensive, Is it really worth it though?

Freelander would have been the obvious choice for me considering the House and lineage and the Oomph factor associated with a Premium brand.

One more thing why are the prices so much more than Delhi, I know there are taxes but still, when I checked last AMP Gurgaon gave us an offer of 40 for the Freelander SE and the HSE was 47 something, but down south you are getting 42 for a second hand one. That is a huge gap, get a DL registered car mate. On these premium cars the police guys dont even check and they shouldn't trouble you for driving such car. My friend has a RS5 without front number plates and he has never even been pulled over.
No, I wasn't referring to a second hand one at 42l ..that's for a new car, a one year old car done 4000km for about 32-35l.. Took the FL 2 for a check up at the service station and they cleared the car saying that the current owner has come in for the customary oil change etc.. Nothing to worry about... All clear...I was told service cost is approx 30k for every visit 12k km or 6 months which I feel is ridiculous for a diesel car!!!
Old 21st February 2013, 21:07   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshdreams View Post
No, I wasn't referring to a second hand one at 42l ..that's for a new car, a one year old car done 4000km for about 32-35l.. Took the FL 2 for a check up at the service station and they cleared the car saying that the current owner has come in for the customary oil change etc.. Nothing to worry about... All clear...I was told service cost is approx 30k for every visit 12k km or 6 months which I feel is ridiculous for a diesel car!!!
No brainer, get the FL2 you won't regret it. Hope it is the 190bhp version and not the 150bhp, though even that is not bad as such. The ride and dynamics will be superior to the X Trail. You also get some nice features, and of course the badge. The build quality and solid feeling too is better in the FL2. 4000kms is nothing, as good as new really.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 21:15   #23

It's the 150 Bhp version, don't think I would have gotten the HSE 190bhp at that price..does anyone here know about this 6months service requirement (30k) expense? Is that normal? Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 16:46   #24

Just got the FL2, just cant believe I own a Landrover!:-)) thanks for all your advice. I shall update my driving experience shortly.
harshdreams is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 17:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Just for the information guys,X-Trail service costs are not that high.Its actually cheap compared to the others in the segment.I had the service cost plus schedule for x trail with me and it added on to 1 L rs till 1 L kms.ie almost 1 Re per km run.Is that huge.
ram
Old 1st March 2013, 18:30   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Just got the FL2, just cant believe I own a Landrover!:-)) thanks for all your advice. I shall update my driving experience shortly.
Congrats on the acquisition and wish you a million happy miles with the FL2. Waiting for your ownership thread with pictures now.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 19:01   #27
BHPian

Nice dilemma! This is the kind of thread this forum subsection is made for, most would be undecided.

But I think if you step back, is the X-Trail really worth 32 lakhs? Its a sensible car but at that price seems poor value. Sensible would be 24 lakhs, 32 is not sensible for xtrail imho.

The freelander definitely is a superior car, on nearly every parameter, and 4k km is as good as new. I would negotiate a bit more and seal the freelander asap.

Last edited by raul : 1st March 2013 at 19:03.
raul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Devdath, i have heard that the service costs is about 25k. i hope there are no other surprises. Ricky- anything to add from experience?
The service cost is 25k or near that (mostly under)

The interval as per manual is 15k kms or one year. But the dealer will "want" to service it every 6 months irrespective of the mileage...

Hope that helps

Oh just realise that you already got the FL2 !! Congratulations !! As for the service. My experience is that the unnecessary stuff like getting the Pollen filter changed every time is totally avoidable. The bills that they raise say that the service is due in 15k or one year, but set the service reminder for 6 months. Which is pretty weird. I got them to change engine oil, oil filer & air filter, much to their disappointment. So stick to your guns & do not have unnecessary stuff done to it..

I am waiting for the warranty to expire & then head for a remap to take it to around 200 Bhp

Enjoy your LR, it is worth every penny

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 3rd March 2013 at 12:05.
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 13:00   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
The service cost is 25k or near that (mostly under)
====================
Enjoy your LR, it is worth every penny

Cheers
Hi Ricky, thanks for the advice. Had a nice time over the weekend with the LR, truly thrilled with the performance so far. A slight issue which I didn't realize could be so bad, the sunroof (even with the mesh screen closed) is allowing far too much sunlight in and causing glare/heat build up,especially being down south, it can get really hot around noon. Wife is very upset, she has to sit with a hat in the car , i stuffed an opaque reflector in between the mesh screen and the glass for now, but am looking for a better solution. I suppose these cars were built for the cooler/gloomy British weather? regards.
Old 4th March 2013, 15:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ricky, thanks for the advice. Had a nice time over the weekend with the LR, truly thrilled with the performance so far. A slight issue which I didn't realize could be so bad, the sunroof (even with the mesh screen closed) is allowing far too much sunlight in and causing glare/heat build up,especially being down south, it can get really hot around noon. Wife is very upset, she has to sit with a hat in the car , i stuffed an opaque reflector in between the mesh screen and the glass for now, but am looking for a better solution. I suppose these cars were built for the cooler/gloomy British weather? regards.

You are welcome Oh yes - the sunroof is best left unused, except for the winter months. I was always & still am against the concept of a sunroof in our country specifically. But most hi-end cars come with them, just to add $$$ or maybe they just want to stick with conventional models in Europe, makes no sense to me

Glad to know you are having a good time. The LR is great, no debate there !!

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks