Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2006, 14:43   #1

What do you say TATA on this? Read this out.

HI all fellow indians,

Here i am pasting the mails which i sent to TATA markting managers.

i am pasting the LINK below.
http://www.complaints.com/directory/2005/july/31/6.htm
http://www.complaints.com/directory/2005/may/23/7.htm

Chating via mail is in process and i just replied to his mail.
The whole scene is very frustrating for a fellow consumer they both bought TATA car and read the link whts the true story

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 14:27
To: carpmg@tatamotors.com
Subject: This feed back is really very serious.
Hi
Dear Feedback team\Sales Team\Manager or Whom so ever from your Deptt is responsible

As i am looking forward to buy your Tata Indica V2 TURBO product.
But before buying i a came across with the issues i found in net.

I am pasting the whole story and link for you people to let me know the EXCUSES you have for your client or the reason and ACTION taken regarding this incident.

Reply me ASAP
Your Future Client
Arvind

(below are the true incident about which i am concern)
------------------------------------------------------
this is the reply
------------------
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 12:31 PM
To: Arvind
Subject: FW: This feed back is really very serious.

Dear Mr Arvind
We would not be in a position to comment on these complaints,
especially so since these were made a year back and it would be
difficult to track the diagnosis of the problems and their resolution now.
However, let me state that while there would be some dissatisfied
customers for any product, the vast majority of our customers are satisfied ones,
the testimony to which comes from the ever increasing sales numbers (both our recent
launches viz., Indica Turbo and Xeta have been very successful)
and also from the letters that we get from happy customers, most of
which would never get published .....
regards
Prashant Sibal
Divisional Manager (Car Marketing)
Tel #######
--------------------------------------------------------------

SO this is the CUSTOMER CENTRICITY

any comment!!!!!

thanks
Arvind
Old 22nd May 2006, 14:55   #2
DRC
BHPian

I think you should also have included the Roys' thread too as it reflects not just a product, but their approach towards the customers?
Old 22nd May 2006, 15:21   #3

This is wht i replied them

Hi friends,
this is what i mailed them......

To: psibal@tatamotors.com
Cc: Arvind
Subject: customer service division for such cases?

HI Prashant,

Thanks for your prompt reply for the feedback this shows the customer centricity.
I understand that how time taking it can be, taking out records and search.
Earlier mail was just to put facts on your knowledge.

In this mail I just would like to know in the case of Tayal motors
(where the dealer refused to change the defective part) and this consumer bought
this product just 11 months back; What sort of steps a client should take, instead
of taking the drastic measure of having to seek help from Consumer - Court.
I am sure you must have a customer service division for such cases? If so,
I would like to know the contact person for the same.

Of course there are online blogs where people login and share the effort and
implementation done by the R&D and Manufacturing unit by TATA for their products.
I hope you would agree with me, that before buying a product, I would like to ensure
that the dealer from whom I'll correspond is prompt enough and provides a solution to
my problem.

I brought this case to your notice as the customer over here had no choice but to visit
the consumer court.

I would not like to be in such a situation and need an answer from you on the feedback
method you follow to tackle such cases.

Thanks and Regards
Arvind
Old 22nd May 2006, 17:43   #4
Team-BHP Support

Abhee, I do not know what actually bothers you. But I know the symptoms and also appreciate your worries. It is entirely justified when you have decided to put in a huge amount on a new vehicle and then someone comes along tells you a horror story about that car.

Also, believe me they will do everything upto a reasonable limit to convince you. The thing is, if you are really worried about the car falling apart after you buy it or may be about it remaining garaged half the month every month do not be. As Mr. Sibal pointed out to you for every horror story there are always 10 other happy stories which most of the time you never get to know (for obvious reasons).

Tatas are no good or bad than other manufacturers. There are so many Fiat, Maruti (or any other brand) owners who had a horrendous experience after they made the purchase. Also, in a country like India once they find out that you have ended up witha lemon they try everything to shirk their responsibility. So god save you if you end up with a lemon. And that may happen with any mannufacturer's car. Its sheer misfortune. Otherwise rest assured Tata cars are mostly ok. They may have some niggles here and there but overall they tend to keep their owners happy.
Old 22nd May 2006, 17:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Zappo on this. You can get lemons from virtually any manufacturer. There are people dissatisfied even with Merc's quality standards. I understand that you are putting your hard earned money to buy a car and you obviously want to buy peace of mind. As Zappo adds, if you end up getting a lemon, you are made to run from pillar to post by all manufacturers. In my opinion, you can only get a general opinion on what all problems are faced by the customers. If there are too many issues with critical components like engine, suspension of late with any manufacturer, it is better you avoid such product. There are two aspects here;
1. problems
2. approach the manufacturer has adopted to rectify the problems.

Any product might have some issues, but more important is the approach adopted by the manufacturer to rectify them and provide relief to the customer. You can look for such instances related to the dealer and the manufacturer and then decide whether you need to invest in that product or not. Happy hunting and hoping that you enjoy the car you choose.
Old 23rd May 2006, 13:29   #6
BHPian

What deepak says is true...not just in a car but you get dud products and horror stories in every product made in this world from any and even the best companies....nothing is perfect ever.

Of course as a customer/consumer you have the right to make a conscious decision on what to buy with the information you have, but then there is always a possibility of a machine failing in some way however great the same machine may be working for other people you know.
Old 24th May 2006, 08:57   #7

do TATA have some accountability.

You all guys are correct and i am agreed.

But my only reason for this scenario is
" DO THE MANUFACTURER HAS ANY ACCOUNTABILITY TOWARDS ITS PRODUCT OR NOT.?"

How can one manufacturer says " bhai product product ke baat hai koi machine kharab nikaltee hai aur koi sahi"

i feel pitty where are business athics are heading?

thanks
Regards
Old 24th May 2006, 09:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

dude.....write a good one to Ratan Tata. I have his PA's email ID that reaches him FOR SURE. PM me, i wd be in position to help ya out!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks