Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2013, 16:27   #16
M35
BHPian

re: For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Update:
Got delivered the white Ertiga Zdi[Top end] yesterday.
Got our Ertiga ZDi delivered with all the ordered accessories fitted including rain guards.14km on ODO.Did a quick PDI and collected all the documents.
  • While driving back home observed, on the MID, the displayed Average to be gradually increasing from an initial 0.4km/L to 1.5km/L at the end of an 80km drive back home. Didn’t notice that at the inspection.
  • Freebie: 10 Litres Diesel
Though the audible engine noise coupled with its initial lag is annoying, the light, easy and responsive steering, fantastic ride + handling and smooth gear shift and clutch made that 80km drive in rain on Ghat roads [to Munnar], a fantastic experience. I was pleasantly surprised to see the quality of OEM music system. Excellent sound quality with almost no distortion at all.The audio controls on the steering wheel is very handy indeed.

Some pictures taken at night. Shall click better pictures in day light and upload as and when I get time.
For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi-dsc_0845.jpg

For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi-dsc_0847.jpg

For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi-dsc_0855.jpg

For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi-dsc_0859.jpg

For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi-dsc_0862.jpg

For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi-dsc_0864.jpg

For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi-dsc_0865.jpg

For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi-dsc_0868.jpg

For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi-dsc_0870.jpg

For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi-dsc_0873.jpg

For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi-dsc_0874.jpg

For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi-dsc_0884.jpg

Last edited by M35 : 20th July 2013 at 16:32.
Old 20th July 2013, 23:53   #17
BHPian

re: For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi

Congratulations sir your acquisition (or rather please congratulate your friend)
Ertiga is an excellent choice. I had read your thread from the day you had started it but I was not a member yet.

If I may ask, did you consider the Nissan evalia? The dealers here are offering good discounts. It could have been had at the same price as the new ertiga.
Was it the boxy-ness that deterred your friend?
In my opinion, a evalia which is retrofitted with better seats makes a very good point for itself.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 21:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga

Quote:
Got delivered the white Ertiga Zdi[Top end] yesterday.
Congrats!

What is the present waiting period for Zdi in Kerala?
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 21:26   #19
M35
BHPian

Re: For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Congrats!

What is the present waiting period for Zdi in Kerala?
I got it delivered from Indus motors, Muvatupuzha.They had already a couple of ZDi ready with them.Petrol variants have waiting periods from a couple of weeks to a month or so.
Old 2nd June 2014, 20:04   #20
M35
BHPian

Quote:
[left]Got our Ertiga ZDi delivered with all the ordered accessories fitted including rain guards.
This relative of mine, who returned from abroad bought this Ertiga ZDi, thinking of personal + partly Taxi use. The vehicle hardly ran as taxi as the vehicle was with him for his personal use all these days.

Now he says he is going back abroad again, wants to sell the car. The usual NRI thingy, isn't it ?
The car is loaded with many MGA accessories other than being a top end with airbags. Just about 14,xxx kms run.

If any BHPian interested, please PM me. The car is in Kerala.
Old 8th January 2015, 23:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I got it delivered from Indus motors, Muvatupuzha.They had already a couple of ZDi ready with them.Petrol variants have waiting periods from a couple of weeks to a month or so.

Hi M35,

I was contemplating purchasing a Ertiga ZXI. Considering your friends purchase was a taxi I am sure it must have clocked quite a bit by now.

In case you had a chance to check the car lately, how does it hold up ? any rattles ? or issues ?
Old 9th January 2015, 06:48   #22
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar View Post
Hi M35,

I was contemplating purchasing a Ertiga ZXI. Considering your friends purchase was a taxi I am sure it must have clocked quite a bit by now.

In case you had a chance to check the car lately, how does it hold up ? any rattles ? or issues ?
Not much of running. Mostly personal drives. Still in the south of 20k km and absolutely no rattles and running like a dream. Meanwhile, he bought a roof carrier [MGA] as well, yet to use it though.

Last edited by M35 : 9th January 2015 at 06:54.
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks