Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2006, 22:34   #16

The NEW SCOPRIO

Just look at the TAIL LIGHTS...
Old 13th June 2006, 22:39   #17

It is adviced to take test drives of all the alternatives.
After that go for the final decision.

I personally have a soft corner for the Scorpio.
Old 13th June 2006, 22:53   #18
BHPian

Well, I feel you should wait for the new scorpio to claim its market share in the SUV segment. See if its doing well or no. Why not consider the more reliable Toyota (Innova) Chevy (Tavera).
Pls guys, Victa is OUT.

az
Old 14th June 2006, 09:54   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_alex
basically I need a vehicle which can accomodate 6-8 people comfortably and can be driven to office daily (10 kms one way in Bangalore).

Currenlty I own a Alto Lxi,
hi,
my suggestion for you is that you just cannot drive that huge MUV to your workplace for 10KMs daily, coz in city, these huge vehicles are really a pain to drive. and more so when you are graduating from an Alto!

if you are planning to keep the Alto with you and buying the MUV for weekend outings and all, then it makes a good sense to go for a MUV.

but if you are planning to sell that Alto, then i guess you'll be in some trouble after a while, only due to the sheer huge size of these MUVs.

decide that first, and then do let me know abt that, then only i can suggest you the better (then rest!) MUV.
Old 14th June 2006, 10:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder
hi,
my suggestion for you is that you just cannot drive that huge MUV to your workplace for 10KMs daily, coz in city, these huge vehicles are really a pain to drive. and more so when you are graduating from an Alto!

decide that first, and then do let me know abt that, then only i can suggest you the better (then rest!) MUV.
emm, 10k/day! 5k one way??? Petrol innova( cheaper investemnt than teh diesel one too)

I hate to say this but, with 10k daily, Versa...
Old 14th June 2006, 11:16   #21
BHPian

VERSA ??????????

Go for the scorp !! It looks awesome........
Old 14th June 2006, 11:21   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
yikes! all they said was it increased DRAMAtically!
EXACTLY!!!!

I test drove the new scorpio a few days back, the engine is very powerful, the fit and finnish leaves a little to be desired, and for the real test i sat at the back (middle?) and the ride was definitely better, but it was still uncomfortable IMO.

cya
R
Old 14th June 2006, 12:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
I test drove the new scorpio a few days back, the engine is very powerful, the fit and finnish leaves a little to be desired, and for the real test i sat at the back (middle?) and the ride was definitely better, but it was still uncomfortable IMO.
Well said. It is in fact good to see M&M improving Scorpio.

I have two (minor) grouses about the "New" Scorpio

1) The dummy scoop on the bonnet-Everyone in the country knows it is dummy, so why is it there first of all?
2) The Eifel tower tail lamps- Well designed, but nothing inside-another dummy? Can't they put a few LEDs inside that

These are more "all hype- no gyan" stuff. Just like people putting Ferrari stickers on M800s. I would rather not be seen on such a vehicle

Come on Mahindra!! Give us the real ones
Old 14th June 2006, 13:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
I have two (minor) grouses about the "New" Scorpio

1) The dummy scoop on the bonnet-Everyone in the country knows it is dummy, so why is it there first of all?

Come on Mahindra!! Give us the real ones
emm, a new engine on its way which will make use of teh scoops and hence I think.

back to topic

Innova or Tavera for you guys. Think Tavera is cheaper. But for 20km/ day; think Innova petrol would be a better buy.

Last edited by jkdas : 14th June 2006 at 13:03.
Old 14th June 2006, 14:07   #25
BHPian

Thanks for all your suggestions and comments.

I have 90% decided on Innova G1 model. I took the test drive last weekend, also took my friends Innova for a drive yesterday. The vehicle looks huge from outside, but once you are inside the car, you get the comfort feeling of a sedan.
I could very easily drive through Bangalore traffic, also did couple of U turns without any issues. I really enjoyed the ride, was really impressed with the engine, gear shift, and the interior. Last but not the least, the space inside is huge, 8 people can comfortably sit.

I asked the dealer about the excessive white smoke coming out of older Innova, he accepted that the older Innova's had some tuning issues which was rectified later and now there is no issues, he also told me that I can use any Diesel (regular / premuim) and there will not be any issues.

Let me know if any of you own a new Innova and still face issues with white smoke ...
Old 14th June 2006, 14:12   #26
BHPian

Hi guys,
The rear of the new Scorpio looks good,but i feel that front has lost aggressive stance with the Air Damms what say?
Cheers.
Old 14th June 2006, 14:16   #27
BHPian

Hi P.Alex,
Also keep in mind the Mainatanence costs,i understand Toyotas are really blow a hole in your pocket,Scorpios ownership can be cheaper!Correct me guys if wrong!
Go by what your heart says

cheers.
Old 14th June 2006, 14:35   #28
BHPian

[quote=PRADEEP KUMAR]Hi P.Alex,
Also keep in mind the Mainatanence costs,i understand Toyotas are really blow a hole in your pocket

Yes you are correct, but not much though. Say 30-35% more. But a toyota vehicle, if regularly serviced & maintained well, will pull till a minimum of 1 lakh kms without any major issues.

After all, the one who is buying, should decide.

Cheers!!!

az

Last edited by autozealot : 14th June 2006 at 14:36.
Old 14th June 2006, 15:03   #29
BHPian

prince_alex,
did you read my earlier reply or is it so that you just wants to go for Innova without any suggestions/recommendations and all?
Old 14th June 2006, 16:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indica1998
The latest Facelifted Scorpio has significant changes in it. Including changes in the suspension of the car.

The stability has increased dramatically and This has made the Scorpio much better to drive.

I recently went through three magazines about the new scorpio
  • Overdrive
  • Autocar India
  • BBC India
All the three magazines were of the opinion that the handling and stability of the scorpio has increased dramatically
  • If carrying more people is the prime concern then the innova would be a better choice. But the Innova is sort to big to drive in the city.
  • The scoprio is more nimble and is easy to drive and park in the city. Plus it has Handsome Looks too.
The magazines praised the powerful and quite refined engine of the Scorpio.The changes to the Scorpio comes at no extra price.

Moreover it's an INDIAN PRODUCT guys. Buy Swadeshi..
If I remember correctly what they had mentioned was inspite of all the modifaication , it simply failed to impress in driving dynamics, and its no where near Innova. I have driven one personally and its really not very different from the older version. Crde mill is lot more peppier but thats it. Try braking hard when you are entering a corner , you will understand it very quickly what I meant. They are currently developing a 2.2 Lit direct injection with intercoolers . The dummy scoops seen in the new Scorpio is supposed to be for the intercoolers for the forthcoming 2.2. Lit unit.....

Last edited by maxbhp : 14th June 2006 at 16:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks